Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 12:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsksnt View Post
rajatsingh78
Encouraged by your experience, I too am motivated to pursue registration of a HP vehicle in AP, without brokers. When I visited RTO (AP10) armed with various forms as indicated on the website aptransport.gov.in, the "help desk" at the RTO invented new affidavit I need to submit. What for? It is supposed to be my declaration that nothing is pending in HP against the vehicle. Isn't NOC supposed to indicate that? Not enough, apparently. When I asked what should be in the affidavit, the answer came back - "that broker over there knows what to write".

Rajat, did you have to submit any affidavit? If so could you please share the outline/ format.
Thank You.
Hi rsksnt,

I did my car registration by myself recently in Noida .Before starting the registration process I went to the RTO and asked him about proofs that are needed.

He told me that in addition to address proofs I need affidavit (stating my name ,address).Well you can get the affidavit (format as well) from any your court premises(they would have multiple copies for new car registration.)

Thanks
hdi.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:21   #17
BHPian

Update - Went to the RTO today again as a "follow-up" visit, was shocked to see that the file had not moved anywhere and was with the same guy, his assitant told me that I need to get a telephonic confirmation from NOIDA RTO regarding chassis number, engine number, name of the officer who approved NOC, etc, etc. And guess who does all this, a computer center guy bang opposite to the RTO office, I took the file and left it in the computer center, the guy told me that he will call me once the confirmation is done.

I think this process is recently added, I wanted to ask the RTO about which section is this mentioned, but decided not to because I didnt want to get deeper in this.

I forgot to mention that after this telephonic "confirmation" this RTO will send a mail to NOIDA RTO and if the NOIDA RTO does not respond they wont register the car, on asking about the solution the assistant told that I should take the copy of the letter that is sent and somehow get the reply from NOIDA RTO, so the process is like

NOC from NOIDA RTO--->Tax Payment in AP--->Vehicle Inspection in AP--->Telephonic Confirmation from NOIDA--->Address Change Will be made in AP --->Letter sent to NOIDA RTO--->New AP number given upon receiving reply from NOIDA RTO
Old 11th May 2009, 15:26   #18
BANNED

Good to know you are holding on.

And what an absurd process is this? Do you think it would be feasible for you to use RTI Act to find the actual process?
Old 11th May 2009, 15:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Good to know you are holding on.

And what an absurd process is this? Do you think it would be feasible for you to use RTI Act to find the actual process?
I am keeping RTI as my last weapon when everything fails. Once my change of address has been made (which will be done after this so called telephonic confirmation) I will use RTI to know the rule number, section number etc. in which it is mentioned that the new registration number will not be provided before the old RTO responds, right now just flowing along the flow
Old 12th May 2009, 10:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont quite buy on this telephonic conversation and mail confirmation theory. As long as the relevant stamped documents are there, there shouldn't be any issue.

Where will he call? Which person will he speak to ?? Will that person have the information handy during the conversation ?

If the phone is indeed required, ask this person to call Noida guy in your presence as else he might come up with several other issues. Go and meet some senior guy and ask him about this telephonic conversation, I feel he is holding your file to grease his palms. Just let him know of your intentions, he has to work for what he is paid by the government and nothing else.

Meet with the senior person at the office.

My experience posted here earlier was all from Jayanagar, Bangalore RTO. But it shouldnt be much different, insist on getting the work done yourself and you will find right direction.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 12th May 2009 at 10:55.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:24   #21
BHPian

Just came back from the RTO, the telephonic confirmation is done by calling the RTO office (NOIDA in my case) and speaking to the officer their to confirm the NOC details. This process needs to be done by the officer in the AP RTO but this process has been "outsourced" to a PCO guy, the guy charged me with Rs. 121 (cost of the calls), he provided the receipts of the calls made and on the back of one of the receipt there were details like RTO Officer name in NOIDA, chassis number, etc etc.

Once this was done, I carried the file to the counter where I had paid for the process of change of address, the assistant there wrote on the file that officer spoke to the NOIDA RTO and confirmed the details, this comment was then signed by the counter officer, Administrative officer and the RTO himself, all three signed by checking the phone call records so I guess it is a process there, however "outsourced",

Next step, the assistant asked me to get three photocopy of the letter that would be sent to the NOIDA RTO for confirmation of NOC, after filling the forms again got it signed, asked for a copy of the same, since the assitant filled three copies he gave me one, put one in the file and third (original one) was put in a register that I assume was for keeping the records of the mails sent (I could see some EMS slips).

Important - Don't forget to ask for a copy, a guy came and did the same steps as mine, he didnt ask for the copy and the assistant didnt gave it to him proactively, as soon as the guy left his copy was thrown in the trash.

Keep photocopy of everything, like I kept the photocopies of the telephone calls made to the NOIDA RTO office, etc.

After the above exercise I was asked to come after 1-1.5 months

Bribe Paid : Nil
Time Spent : 2 Hrs
Expenses : 121 for phone calls, 3 Rs. for NOC Letter copy, 3 Rs. for phone bill photo copy (TOTAL - 127)
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:56   #22

Good news!
I approached the RTO and laid out the papers and he approved the local registration application. He directed the staff to collect appropriate fees (Rs. 545) to transfer the car to AP, change owner and allocated a local number too. The car now has AP registration certificate.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsksnt View Post
Good news!
I approached the RTO and laid out the papers and he approved the local registration application. He directed the staff to collect appropriate fees (Rs. 545) to transfer the car to AP, change owner and allocated a local number too. The car now has AP registration certificate.
Thanks fantastic !!!! could you please PM me your number, I want to ask a few things regarding this
Old 20th June 2009, 13:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Rajat Singh, Somehow I missed this thread. If the RTA makes you run around citing arbitrary requirements, Write an email directly to the Transport commissioner.
Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

My case is documented here on this thread.
Old 20th June 2009, 19:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Rajat Singh, Somehow I missed this thread. If the RTA makes you run around citing arbitrary requirements, Write an email directly to the Transport commissioner.
Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

My case is documented here on this thread.
Dropped emails to every possible available email address, either I never get a reply or like in most cases I get a bounce back email suggesting that the email address is either incorrect or the server is not accepting any more emails (shows that the email box is full), I am currently waiting on for the mandatory 45 days to be completed, once that is done and still the RTO officer creates an issue first I will meet the Deputy Transport Commissioner who sits in the same office, else will mee the Transport Commissioner of the Hyderabad, though this will require some running around but I have decided to get this done the right way...and not the bribe way....
Old 22nd June 2009, 07:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

In my case, the Transport commissioner of AP intervened without actually replying to my email. I found out about it only because a clerk at the RTA was grumbling about it as he was handing back my papers.

The result of the intervention was instantaneous, the demand for payment (for later refund) of a lifetime tax of Rs 30,000 was reduced to a payment of quarterly tax of Rs 1,400 (with calculations/receipts to prove it). Though I had to take a couple mornings off work to go to the RTA office, it was really worth it, not having to pay a penny in bribe and standing up for what is my right.

More power to you and with the advent of Right to Information Act - they can run, but they can't hide.

PS: The AP transport website now has a blank page for details on Quarterly tax saying "This pages is Being upgraded" . I don't have the quarterly tax receipts with me now (its there back home). Otherwise, I would have scanned and put it up here, just to prove there is a thing called quarterly tax !!

Last edited by spadival : 22nd June 2009 at 07:46.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:46   #27
BHPian

in my case I am too late for this because I already fell in the trap and paid the lifetime tax, now the best thing that I thought was to get the AP number and atleast get a refund from NOIDA RTO, do you have any other suggestions apart from this?
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
In my case, the Transport commissioner of AP intervened without actually replying to my email. I found out about it only because a clerk at the RTA was grumbling about it as he was handing back my papers.

The result of the intervention was instantaneous, the demand for payment (for later refund) of a lifetime tax of Rs 30,000 was reduced to a payment of quarterly tax of Rs 1,400 (with calculations/receipts to prove it). Though I had to take a couple mornings off work to go to the RTA office, it was really worth it, not having to pay a penny in bribe and standing up for what is my right.

More power to you and with the advent of Right to Information Act - they can run, but they can't hide.

PS: The AP transport website now has a blank page for details on Quarterly tax saying "This pages is Being upgraded" . I don't have the quarterly tax receipts with me now (its there back home). Otherwise, I would have scanned and put it up here, just to prove there is a thing called quarterly tax !!
Could you please somehow manage to get the receipts and post them here, I can use the same to speak to my RTO office regarding this, btw, how are you managing without the receipts, what do you show the RTO officials when they stop you (since I am assuming that you still have outside AP registration number plate)

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 23rd June 2009 at 15:46.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Could you please somehow manage to get the receipts and post them here
Sorry, I am in Sydney now,miles away from my car and definitely out of AP. But do check with the RTA about the quarterly tax if you are planning to stay less than 1 year in AP (and can produce documentary evidence to prove this).
Old 20th July 2009, 19:23   #30
BHPian

Went to the RTO office after 2 months, they said that they have not received a reply from the NOIDA RTO and hence they cannot give AP number, I reminded the admin. officer about the CMV act clause that after 45 days an affidavit can be given by the applicant and new registration number can be provided, he said that this rule has been discontinued since a lot of terror activity in India (as if the terrorist will take all this legal path..hilarious!!), they then asked me to take a copy of the letter to the NOIDA RTO and ask them to give in writing that the NOC was genuine and so are the car's papers.

So my next plan is to send the papers to NOIDA and ask some of my relative there to do the needful.

I am planning to visit again tomorrow and meet the RTO/DTC personally to find out if this procedure is correct or is the lower staff is just fooling around with me

Bribe Paid : Nil
Time Spent : 2.5 Hrs
Expenses : fuel expense on 40kms to and fro journey to the RTO

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 20th July 2009 at 19:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks