Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 12:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
1. how much should they (TATA) reduce the IDV by? and why so?
2. Can you also elaborate "excess imposed on Tata cars"
1. Idv has to go down by minimum 10% to Maximum 20% as that is the normal % of Deprecation across the industry.
2. Normally there are some extra amount deducted at the time of claim on Tata car's. (Please see your old policy - Excess) Rs. 500 is Minimum.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I spoke to some manager in Mumbai, he told me that this is there future plans to introduce such product but nothing has launch officially till date that was a reason I was asking you that do you have something in writing that will really help.
Hi,

Today i spoke with a TATA-AIG insurance guy directly from office regarding my car insurance renewal. He sent me quote along with new add-on features which has the things the thread started mentioned.

They have names schemes like basic Silver to top end Platinum.

The basic cover has 1 add-on like coverage Repair of Glass, Fiber,Plastic & Rubber claims without affecting the NCB.

The mid version Pearl has better add-ons like :
  • Repair of Glass, Fiber,Plastic & Rubber
  • Emergency Tranport and Hotel Expense (approx upto 10k)
  • Loss of personal belongings (approx upto 10k i think)
  • Key replacement
  • Depreciation Reimbursement of damaged parts
The TATA AIG webpage news section dated May 4th mentions about the same too.

The guy did mentioned that only TATA-AIG has got the approval from IRDA for such schemes. So i suppose this has been implemented.

I'm in a dilema over my existing Bajaj Allianz insurance renewal as they quoted IDV for my car as 383536/-, Premium: 11036 while TATA-AIG quoted as 418400, Premium: 13526/- (Basic plan), 15858/- (Pearl plan)

I'm still yet to decide..
Old 17th August 2009, 16:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Normally there are some extra amount deducted at the time of claim on Tata car's
just curious why specifically tata cars, if they are private registered
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:48   #34
BHPian

Hi guys,
Has anyone had any experience with this offer from tata aig?
I'm trying to decide between bajaj allianz (without 0% depreciation offer) and tata aig (with the offer). Here are the quotes:
Car = verna crdi sx abs
IDV = 600000
Total Premium (approximate values):
With offer:
Tata Aig = 15000
Bajaj = 18500

Without offer:
Tata Aig: 13000
Bajaj: 11000

I had a rude experience with the tata aig guys. The call center guy even hung up on me after I told him I'm not renewing immediately since I still have a month to go. On the other hand the bajaj guy seems perfectly decent and polite.
Is this 0% depreciation offer worth the extra premium?
Old 24th August 2010, 20:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Is this 0% depreciation offer worth the extra premium?
Yes sir, it is [unless you're not worried paying through your nose for accidental damages].

I'd just turned in my Fabia to the service center this morning for a claim [my Insurance service provider is Tata Aig and I have the 0% depreciation raider taken] for a broken windshield and front bumper.

I paid only about 3K rupees for the additional raider[s], but today's total claim is in the ball park of 15,000 rupees [bumper+windshield+tinkering to take out 2 soft dents from and then paint the front bonnet]. And I am told by the service center that this claim, to any insurance provider, a very small issue. Imagine someone doesn't want to initially spend about 3K more and unfortunately [and I don't wish this upon anyone] have an accident with repairs running in over a lakh. If the vehicle is more than 1 year old, I can assure from my experience, your outflow from pocket for a regular insurance policy, for accident repairs over 1lakh, will be in the ball park of 30,000 bucks [I speak of this from my own claim experience]

I called Tata Aig's toll free # and logged a claim yesterday evening at 5.00pm. I got an sms confirmation in less than half hour. A call at 6.20 yesterday from a surveyor to confirm I'm sending my car to the s.c tomorrow for completing surveyor assessment efforts [happened today morning] and surveyor also assessed, confirmed all claims and approved the entire job; no questions asked. And this happened by 12:30pm today. If this is not prompt service, I don't know what is.

You are allowed to make any claim of any amount, only twice in a year, with the 0% depreciation raider [only limited to your IDV value]. This is my 1st claim. For every claim you make, you only pay Rs.500/- [a one time charge].

So I ask you now; has me paying about 3K rupees as addition to regular 2nd year premium, been worth my money and has made sense in going for the 0% depreciation offer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
The guy did mentioned that only TATA-AIG has got the approval from IRDA for such schemes. So i suppose this has been implemented.
Hi Rudrah. The Tata AIG rep's statement won't hold good/true anymore; more insurance service providers are also getting approvals/have gotten approvals to sell these additional raiders to your basic policy. If I'm not wrong, I remember my friend telling me ICICI Lombard now has approval and is also implementing these raiders into their policy, if they haven't done it yet already.

Tata AIG was only the first player to get the approvals and sell, their not the only one anymore. Competition, is good.

Last edited by k_ajay : 24th August 2010 at 20:31. Reason: Adding response for Rudrah's post.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:27   #36
Team-BHP Support

I tried to go for this for my 5 year old Skoda. Was told I am not eligible for this
Old 24th August 2010, 20:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I tried to go for this for my 5 year old Skoda. Was told I am not eligible for this
That is right, Ajit. While taking the TA policy, I learnt the 0% depreciation and other new raiders are only available for vehicles that are less than 3 years old. I have only 1 more year to pay more and enjoy the benefits.

After that, I am at the mercy of Skoda [scary]. lol.

aK
Old 24th August 2010, 20:46   #38
BHPian

@k_ajay - thanks for the reply. I will take your advice and take the silver or gold package that is being offered by tata aig once I get more details on them.

@ajmat -I think the depreciation reimbursement offer is valid only on cars up to 3 years old

Car Insurance, Car Insurance Cover, Private Car Insurance– Tata AIG Insurance
Old 24th August 2010, 21:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@k_ajay - thanks for the reply. I will take your advice and take the silver or gold package that is being offered by tata aig once I get more details on them.
Pras, good luck and wise decision, if I may say so. But hoping you don't have a [unfortunate incident] need to use the insurance.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:10   #40
BHPian

have renewed my ANHC insurance with Tata AIG's 0% depreciation plan. Details are, IDV = 745120, premium - 19348 (payable in 6 EMIs if I want , 0 % interest)
Old 31st December 2010, 15:00   #41
gou
BHPian

Re: Tata AIG's 0% Depreciation Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That is right, Ajit. While taking the TA policy, I learnt the 0% depreciation and other new raiders are only available for vehicles that are less than 3 years old. I have only 1 more year to pay more and enjoy the benefits.

After that, I am at the mercy of Skoda [scary]. lol.

aK
Why these riders are available to cars less than 3 years old? Is there any chance I can get it for older car?
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:47   #42
BHPian

I got the Tata AIG complete coverage with 0% depreciation, Pearl plan.

It covers 100% Plastic and Glass damage for two times in a year after which you have to pay the normal 50% repair cost like a normal insurance.

The cost difference of the premiums for 0% depreciation and normal, for me, was just 2k, so I opted for the former. Also, I went through an agent and got a cut on the premium since he went with a lower margin.
The insurance guys operate with a big margin!
The dealer (Lathangi, B'lore) quoted 24k for this plan, the Tata AIG call center quoted 22.5k and I finally got it for 19.2k from this agent:

Apna Insurance
# 57, B.M.G. COMPLEX,
K.H.ROAD, BANGALORE
9620194755, 7760967435
Old 7th January 2011, 19:23   #43
BHPian

I too got the Tata AIG's 0% depreciation. Normal insurance from them was for around 8.5 K, I got the Platinum paln one for 14,840 Rs.
Old 7th January 2011, 19:56   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Normal insurance from them was for around 8.5 K, I got the Platinum paln one for 14,840 Rs.
You paid nearly double?

Well, looks like they've decided that if they can't get your money one way, they will get it another. I think that is dreadful.

And I used to think that British insurance companies were bad!
Old 8th February 2011, 12:07   #45
BHPian

I am planning to buy figo 1.4 exi in Delhi. have spoken with TATA AIG and they have quoted me the following for 0% Deprececiation Platinum Plan :

Ex showroom price - 486430

1. Insured's Declred Value - 449255
2. OD Premium - 12804
3. Total Own Damage Premium - 12804
4. 0% Depreciation Plan Premium - 1483
5. Daily Allowance - 1977
6. Loss of personal Belonging Premium - 110
7. Emergency Transport & Hotel Exp - 110
8. Key replacement - 265
9. Returnn to invoice premium - 1123
10. Third Party Premium - 800
11. Paid Driver Cover - 25
12. Owner Driver Cover - 100
13. Total premium - 18796
14. Service Tax - 1936

TOTAL - 20732

Also includes:

i. Accidental Repair Warranty (6 month)
ii. Towing facility upto Rs 1500/-
iii. Third party body injury unlimited cover

Guys, please share your inputs - whether the parameters given by TATA AIG are correct or should i ak for more details.

Kindly help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks