Team-BHP - Tata AIG's 0% Depreciation Car Insurance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Tata AIG's 0% Depreciation Car Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/58735-tata-aigs-0-depreciation-car-insurance.html)

Tata AIG is the first to obtain go ahead from IRDA to provide ADD ON covers to their car customers. They are offering 0% Depreciation, Daily Allowance, Key Replacement, Return to Invoice, Emergency Hotel & Transportation, No Claim Bonus Protection etc. These are very good extensions to the existing policy which will definetely cost a bit more. Especially 0% Depreciation cover offers full settlement of claim without any deduction for depreciation. (existing policies of all companies pay only 50% of Rubber / Plastic parts; 5% -50% deduction on Metal parts in case of accident claims) Check with the local Tata AIG office.

This could be interesting for all vehicle owners; are any other details available i.e. the premium calculation etc?

Please read the fine print, I'm more than familiar with TATA AIG GEneral insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel385 (Post 1306001)
This could be interesting for all vehicle owners; are any other details available i.e. the premium calculation etc?

I already checked the fine prints & I am convinced on the add ons. I am waiting for my renewal which is due in Aug 09 so that I can approach Tata AIG for renewal.

Can these add-ons be availed on existing policies or should I necessarily do it during renewal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopalnayak (Post 1306855)
Can these add-ons be availed on existing policies or should I necessarily do it during renewal?

These can be opted only at the time of next renewal.

Nice to know this, there website does not have any writeup on this. Do you have some thing in writing for this one?

I heard this from a Tata AIG Manager at Hyderabad. You may contact him for more information @ 90522 20466.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohini (Post 1309526)
I heard this from a Tata AIG Manager at Hyderabad. You may contact him for more information @ 90522 20466.

I spoke to some manager in Mumbai, he told me that this is there future plans to introduce such product but nothing has launch officially till date that was a reason I was asking you that do you have something in writing that will really help.

Are these sops offered beacuse parent AIG is officially bummed?

Zero% depreciation on plastic parts? Am I sure I read this right!?

any of you know wat will be the premium to be paid for this offer.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore (Post 1310101)
any of you know wat will be the premium to be paid for this offer.?

Sirji this is under the planing stage till now no company has comeup with the rating's for such product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1310092)
Zero% depreciation on plastic parts? Am I sure I read this right!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1310077)
Are these sops offered beacuse parent AIG is officially bummed?

All the companies will have such product so this is not AFAIK but a truth. We might have to some extra premium but 100% of our claims will be payable from insurance company.

Rohini,

Are your working for TATA AIG? Your profile mentions that your are in the insurance industry.

I was a Life Insurance Agent before but not any more.