Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which company among these?
The New India Assurance 19 13.01%
United India 5 3.42%
Oriental Insurance 5 3.42%
National Insurance 13 8.90%
HDFC Chubb 4 2.74%
ICICI Lombard 12 8.22%
Tata AIG 32 21.92%
Bajaj ALLIANZ 38 26.03%
Iffco Tokio 5 3.42%
Royal Sundaram 7 4.79%
Reliance 6 4.11%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 19:17   #46
BHPian

I have been with ICICI Lombard from last 3 yrs. Although not very satisfied with the service, but kept going on.

I can see good reviews about Bajaj Allianz.. I will check the quotes from them also.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Both my Car and Bikes are insured with "Oriental" but somehow am not very keen to continue with this co..

I think Baja Alli... and Tata AIg is best for now, which one you guys think is the best. i need to renew it by tomorrow thanks
Dear friend Bajaj is the best in the business of auto insurance. - Go with Bajaj.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:14   #48
Team-BHP Support

I got a call from ICICI Lombard regarding a quote for my vehicle's insurance. They offerred me a good price for the renewal, this despite me telling them i am very happy with Bajaj Allianz. Since the caller continued to insist, i informed them about their ignorance regarding how reluctant ICICI is when it comes to the claims reimbursement. The person insisted they are known for their high quality of customer satisfaction, and blah blah.

It didnt convince me, anyway. Unless BA blunder big time, i dont see myself moving to another insurance provider.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:21   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I am also up for renewal of my Accent on Sep 28th. I am currently using Tata AIG and its been a wonderful experience, never spoke to them even once even after claiming for insurance

They have an offer at different service garage where labour/wheel alignment/car wash and other goodies are offered free during the insured tenure.

I am going to renew with them unless Bajaj Allianz have an even better offer
Old 17th September 2009, 18:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

I need to get 2 bikes insured. Preferably comprehensive for one and third party for the other (as its quite old). Called up Tata AIG after reading the good reviews here, and the female told me they will not insure it as the previous policies have expired!! Strange idiotic policy!

And ya, all the pvt. players I called are not ready to do third party insurance!! Some like ICICI are not even ready to consider the old bike for ANY insurance!! I am not too keen on them anyway.

IFFKO Tokio is ready to comprehensively insure the old bike for just about Rs. 100 extra (over third party insurance). They are ready to come home too. Sounds attractive... but comprehensive for the old bike seems to be a waste. On the other hand, if I want third party, then I guess I have to go to public sector companies. I have narrowed down on Oriental. They are also ready to come home.

Anybody has any comments on Oriental Insurance Co and IFFCO Tokio? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited by Raccoon : 17th September 2009 at 18:16.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

Raccon even i wanted to get my bull insured(renwal) which is about 10yrs old and i was told by both Tata AIG and Bajaj that they dont insure bikes which is above 9years... so have stuck to Oriental..

On Oriental it all depends on agent, with a agent its quiet easy dealing with them...
Old 17th September 2009, 18:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm ok. But have you done a comprehensive or TP for your Bull? Any experience with claims?

Whats the use of the agent while making claims? Or you can make claims thru him??

If you want comprehensive you could consider IFFCO. They are ready to insure old bikes. Dunno how good they are though.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Oriental is ok, if you have a agent he will take care of ll the formalities if in case there is a claim to be made but when you are on your own you might have to run around esp with the public cos...

I think will stick to oriental, known devil better then unknown friend
Old 17th September 2009, 19:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think will stick to oriental, known devil better then unknown friend
Hmmm... I'm kinda explorative and always inclined to check out "unknown friends" for better options. Its the running around I want to avoid at all costs. IFFCO sounds lot more professional.

Even in the case of my car, I changed over from some PSU to Royal Sundaram (Maruti Insurance) and the cashless claims made were totally hassle free... all taken care of by the MASS. The PSU cos seem below par in everything including their websites.

Last edited by Raccoon : 17th September 2009 at 19:43.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:56   #55
BHPian

Changed over to Maruti Bajaj Allianz from Cholamandalam for good this year.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:23   #56
Team-BHP Support

Tata Aig!

My Swift was insured with Maruti and thanks to their crappy service i shifted to TATA AIG. The relation was quite good also, only the first year the certificate reached me after couple of months lol. Still thanks to the ease of service i even moved my inlaw's car to TATA AIG, got atleast 3 colleagues roped in with them and was planning to renew the jeep's also through them.

This year as usual i receive a call from TATA AIG for renewal and they send the person to collect cheque. I pay up and receive the policy in about 2 weeks.

After a month or so i check my bank account and see that the premium amount has been returned. I tried calling the helpline number but couldn't get through. So i tried the bank since i had a better helpline expectation from them. They promptly confirmed since there was a mismatch of figure in words the cheque was returned!

I dropped an email to TATA AIG and they said they will respond back in 48 hours. After waiting for a week or more i sent a reminder to them again and after 3 days now they reply:

Quote:
Thank you for your email to us at Tata-AIG, regret the delay in responding to you.

As per your mail received, we regret to inform you that the payment of premium against Policy no xxxxx vide cheque no xxxx has been returned to us uncleared for reason given as "Amount in word and figure differs"

Further may we request you to make a fresh remittance of premium in cash immediately to enable us to assume the risk from the date of fresh collection subject to your confirmation that there has been no loss so far. Kindly produce your vehicle for physical inspection, before assumption of new risk

Hence, may we request you to kindly cordinate to the below mentioned Banglore branch office for the same, and they shall be glad to assist you further:

TATA AIG GENERAL INS. CO. LTD.
xxxxx
xxxxx
Bangalore - 560052

For further queries please write back to us or call us at 1800 119966.

Regards,
Ms. xxxxx
Customer Support Team
Tata AIG General Insurance Co Ltd.
First i had to figure out that the payment went wrong and now they expect me to take it to their office to get it reinstated!! They haven't even marked a cc to BLR office or given me the number for BLR office. Getting through to their helpline is close to impossible also!!

Give me one good reason why i should go back to them? I might as well walk to my nearest MUL dealer (nearby for me) and get a new insurance done!

Lesson learned, please ensure that you keep a tab on your insurance payment cheque and renew well before time if you are planning to do using cheque. Otherwise you can be in my situation riding around, technically without a valid insurance!!

Swift goes into parking for now!
Old 17th May 2010, 16:12   #57
Team-BHP Support

Update: Google'ed out BLR office address and made a call. Some 7 mts of being transfered from 1 desk to another, one lady took pity on me and heard me out. She arranged for the inspection to be done today at my office and will send someone to collect cash or DD tomorrow.

Am impressed with that lady and the company for recruiting such people Though i still haven't go the email reply from customer service asking for a simple BLR office contact number LOL! I think they will reply only after the mandatory 2 working days lol!
Old 17th May 2010, 16:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Give me one good reason why i should go back to them? I might as well walk to my nearest MUL dealer (nearby for me) and get a new insurance done!
I would just like to inform you on this is You are still eligible for NCB to be transferred from old policy to your new policy. If there is a break in your policy still you can renew policy up-to three months from the date of your last policy.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:28   #59
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Rupesh. My policy is going be continued with the original date with only a small charge of 250 bucks for the check return. Inspection (rather a comprehensive photo session) was done 30 mts back and they will send someone to collect the cash tomorrow.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:25   #60
Team-BHP Support

Final update: Their person came and collected the money, i paid by cash to avoid any such fiasco's this time. They charged 250 bucks extra for this, i still don't understand what the mismatch was, amount was xxxx.xx and the previous guy said make a cheque for xxxx and am quite sure i double checked before signing.

New policy is valid from today, though the email mentioned from original date. I didn't argue with the collection boy since i was lucky not to have any claims during the break period and ineffective am getting more VFM.

Now my question is what would have happened if i really had a claim? Would i have been in trouble? I have their receipt with stamp stuck on it, will it hold any value in such a case?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks