Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 06:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN View Post
Also, till today Spectra has been extremely transparent with everything, with themselves advising me to escalate things to senior management at Maruti and Royal Sundaram etc.
Thats the only way they can con you: Terribly sorry to say this but they need to be thrashed. They are playing around and making you believe stories!

I wish I was there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The valves and the piston will be damaged in 90 degree rotation of the first crank let alone one full crank of 360 degrees. In one full crank of a four cylinder four stroke interference type engine at the very minimum half the number of valves and pistons will be damaged.
Maruti is the culprit and I think Royal Sundaram knows about this modus operandi of theirs.
The way dealerships are going in India, makes it scary for the uninitiated!
Old 12th June 2009, 11:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cnaganathan : Frankly i don't know much about bearings business. But the asst. works manager specifically told me that swift diesel engine does not have cam bearings like the petrol engine. He said that these (red arrows) act as the bearings.
Please tell the asst. works manager to not go looking for balls everytime somebody asks for a bearing. The camshaft uses plain/journal bearings, in which a shaft simply rotates in a hole in the block. The lubrication is maintained by a thin film of oil. One has to simply measure the diameter of the hole in which the shaft rotates to see if it has distorted, or use feeler gauges to measure the clearance between the shaft and the hole. Crankshaft bearings are similar, though 2 strokes do have ball bearings.

Swift Dzrie Vdi Rightful Insurance claim denied - Beware of Royal Sundaram CHEATERS !-060620091395.jpg
The hole here is the bearing surface in which the shaft rotates. Also earlier you had mentioned that the Spectra guys said that the marks on the inside are wear marks, but they look too uniform to be wear marks. It must be the oil retaining groove for lubrication of the camshaft bearing.
Old 13th June 2009, 10:19   #93
BHPian

Royal Sundaram DENIES claim !

Well I got a call from Royal Sundaram yesterday saying that they have decided to deny the claim. I spoke to their Regional head Mr. Sunil Mishra.

His arguments were,

1) Such a damage is not possible in such a short time. He said he spoke to his panel and they all were unsure if such damage could be caused due to oil sump damage.

2) He kept hinting that the car was driven after the hit. I asked him as to why there is no damage to the valves & piston. To this he said that you are lucky for that and that the engine must have stopped the moment the cam broke thus preventing damage !! I told him this is just not possible. Even if the engine would have been running for 1 second with that broken cam it would have caused internal damage to the cam head. To this he again had no answer !!

3) Then he started about cam bearings. He is like there is no visible damage to the bearings and there should always be some damage. To this I just that this proves my point even further that I did not drive my car after the hit. He carefully avoided this point by telling me he will call me back. He did call back but avoided any further talk on the cam bearings issue.

4) I told him Spectra is ready to give in writing that they believe this incident is possible. TO this he his like what will Spectra know in all this !!! If Maruti Authorized Service Centre is not knowledgeable enough to know about this tat who is?? Again he had no answer.

5) In the end I simply asked him according to him what caused the cam to broke. TO this he said that he does not know what caused it to break, But they cannot pass this claim.

I cannot believe how un-reasonable Royal Sundaram could get !! The guy was just telling me one thing after another. The moment I explained my version of the point he would jump onto something another.

I have asked for a legally binding official statement which mentions the exact cause of their denial so that I can take things further. I have no clue how unreasonably my claim was rejected. I swear never ever to go back to Royal Sundaram ever again !!
Old 13th June 2009, 11:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I swear never ever to go back to Royal Sundaram ever again !!
I'll support you on this fully!
You're best off with GIC! It's time people understood that all things government are not bad!
These private players have been acting very 'dirty' in most of the cases that I am aware about.
Old 13th June 2009, 11:23   #95
BHPian

Call Maruti. Ask them to send a senior engineer. Tell them you are disgusted with their cost cutting measure which caused this to happen in the first place (loss of oil). When (and make sure that he does) the senior engineer gets there, ask straight off if this is Spectra's doing. Yes - Maruti takes the claim and fixes under warranty. No , go to court. Pointless in paying insurance otherwise.

And we think happily that we saved a few thousands by getting insurace from other guys. This is how they are cheap - they dont pay claims!

I can completely understand your frustration. Just keep a calm mind, but certainly dont let go!!
Old 13th June 2009, 11:54   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Call Maruti. Ask them to send a senior engineer. Tell them you are disgusted with their cost cutting measure which caused this to happen in the first place (loss of oil). When (and make sure that he does) the senior engineer gets there, ask straight off if this is Spectra's doing. Yes - Maruti takes the claim and fixes under warranty. No , go to court. Pointless in paying insurance otherwise.

And we think happily that we saved a few thousands by getting insurace from other guys. This is how they are cheap - they dont pay claims!

I can completely understand your frustration. Just keep a calm mind, but certainly dont let go!!
Fully agree with you in this case. Calm mind will help us in fighting the claim at the best. I am on with Mr. Don in this case.
Old 13th June 2009, 12:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

I agree with everyone here who says call maruti! Keep them in the picture. They always side with the customer and beat the hell out of a service station.

In your own interest itself keep maruti in the loop!

Maruti will 110% sort it out and this is from personal experience a number of times !
Old 14th June 2009, 11:46   #98
BHPian

Well I had a word with Spectra, and they suggested me the same thing. They said call Maruti's regional head and force them to send their technician over to Spectra to evaluate the damages. He said one thing for is for sure that the car is not driven - looking at 0 damages to valves and piston. Put the onus on Maruti to decide whether it is a manufacturing defect or an accidental damage. Since I have a Maruti/Royal Sundaram Insurance they maybe able to work out the claim together.

I was promised an email reply of rejection from Royal Sundaram in a day. Its been 3 days and still no e-mail. Personally, this is the worst customer service I have come across in my life. They don't want to pay the claim and neither do they send an official denial for me to do something about it !!
Old 14th June 2009, 11:56   #99
Senior - BHPian

Seems like RS themselves have a doubt over their refusal of the claim!

But then, not keeping the customer informed is the worst level of service one can offer!

Hope you get Maruti into this and things go in your favor soon.
Old 14th June 2009, 12:08   #100
BHPian

Is the Royal Sundaram related to the T V S(undaram)? They used to be notorious as the Fiat A.S.S!
Old 14th June 2009, 14:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I agree with everyone here who says call maruti! Keep them in the picture. They always side with the customer and beat the hell out of a service station.

In your own interest itself keep maruti in the loop!

Maruti will 110% sort it out and this is from personal experience a number of times !
Maruti does mean both manufacturer and the dealer together.And for that matter MSIL does not beat the hell out of any A.S.S for any thing which is caused due to none of their faults.If at all the work would be done at any A.S.S MSIL would be replacing the parts used up by the A.S.S. in any such events whatsoever.

ram
Old 15th June 2009, 10:03   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was promised an email reply of rejection from Royal Sundaram in a day. Its been 3 days and still no e-mail. Personally, this is the worst customer service I have come across in my life. They don't want to pay the claim and neither do they send an official denial for me to do something about it !!
I will advice you to go to their office personally (Since they are approachable form your office. Right?) and take the letter otherwise till we don't have anything in writing, we will not be able to do anything.

Please do it today itself. As I also doing something form my side.(I will let you know by evening, what am I doing...)
Old 15th June 2009, 10:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This might be usual "delaying tactic".

This would frustate the customer and he/she might be willing to settle a 1 lakh claim for 60000 if company offers it.

Be calm and deal this issue with patience. Unfortunate, but this is the way things works with insurance.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:12   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I will advice you to go to their office personally (Since they are approachable form your office. Right?) and take the letter otherwise till we don't have anything in writing, we will not be able to do anything.

Please do it today itself. As I also doing something form my side.(I will let you know by evening, what am I doing...)
I had a word with Sunil Mishra (regional head) - He said the denial letter cannot be given by them, it will have to come from their corporate office in Chennai. He said it will take around 4-5 days.

Last edited by ThE_DoN : 15th June 2009 at 12:19.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:09   #105
BHPian

Guys I tried calling up various numbers for maruti's reginal office in Mumbai (from the catalogue).

However, I couldn't get across to any 1 of them. Tried the number from their website too! No response.

I took an e-mail id of one guy in maruti, from Spectra. Have mailed him the entire story.

Does anyone have any alternate numbers for calling Maruti HQ in Mumbai/Maharashtra ??

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by ThE_DoN : 15th June 2009 at 19:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks