Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 16:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
A modification is also to be understood as a change in the specifications of the vehicle as noted in the Registration Certificate (RC book). Referring to the 'Owner's Manual' is ridiculous as the manual is not a statutory document and often the specs shown in the manual vary from the actual specs.
We need the definition of 'modification' as per the insurance company, because even if they believe whatever is mentioned in user manual is 'standard' then its ridiculous because even the car company states that "Specifications are subject to change". What if the car had tubeless tyres and the the owner manual wasn't updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
@Greenie --- No idea about the 2 tubeless and 2 tubetype. However, he did replace only two tyres at our place.

@Ravveendrra --- I wish I could get you these details. But this customer is gone for good. He just shouted at us for half an hour this morning. We even told himt ot wait for the Apollo company people who were on their way. He blamed us and held us responsible and stormed away.

You can imagine how this makes me feel. For no fault of ours, we lost a customer.
Feel sorry for you as well as for him, first Tyre burst, then claim refusal, anyways he would have got better response had he not shouted. But then a common man had to vent its frustration somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What if a tubeless tyre has a tube?
That makes it tube type trye..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
My two paisa worth - for all insurance related greivances, one doesn't have to go to court. IRDA has appointed ombudsman. The process is very quick and efficient. I strongly believe (going by the facts as presented) that the customer will surely get the claim money.
+1, Write to high up in the company, then escalate the issue to Insurance ombudsman, better than heading to consumer court initially.

EDIT: Here is what irda.org says:

Quote:
The ombudsman shall pass an award within a period of three months from the receipt of the complaint. The awards are binding upon the insurance companies.

If the policy holder is not satisfied with the award of the Ombudsman he can approach other venues like Consumer Forums and Courts of law for redressal of his grievances.

As per the policy-holder's protection regulations, every insurer shall inform the policy holder along with the policy document in respect of the insurance Ombudsman in whose jurisdiction his office falls for the purpose of grievances redressal arising if any subsequently.

Steady increase in number of complaints received by various Ombudsman shows that the policy-holders are reposing their confidence in the institution of Insurance Ombudsman.

Last edited by setuniket : 16th June 2009 at 16:43.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BTW, which insurance company is it? We'll know whom to avoid.
Your answer is probably in the below quoted posts. Waiting for the thread starter to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Exactly. Has to be ICICI Lombard or Reliance. They are well known for cheating customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I am very sure insurance company with which he insured his car is ICICI Lombard. ICICI Lombard is one of the worst insurance company when making claim.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks