Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 00:58   #31
BHPian

Bumping this thread... Getting ANHC this month.. Insurance quoted by dealer is 22131/ after 30% discount on initial amount of 31132/- Is this good or should I shop around.

My brother is in ICICI Prudential & he is geting this car with corporate benefit of 15k . Now I do understand ICICI employees should get better rates from ICICI Car Insurance...
Old 7th October 2009, 09:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Bumping this thread... Getting ANHC this month.. Insurance quoted by dealer is 22131/ after 30% discount on initial amount of 31132/- Is this good or should I shop around.

My brother is in ICICI Prudential & he is geting this car with corporate benefit of 15k . Now I do understand ICICI employees should get better rates from ICICI Car Insurance...
Icici is the worse insurer in the list after Reliance. Please try bajaj they can go up to 40% discount or some times more also.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:49   #33
BHPian

^.. I know they are really bad... But I was thinking about this 'coz my brother is in ICICI so he might get a good rate since the car will be in his name... thought they might be having special discounts for employee's....

I will check with Bajaj... Any pointers...
Old 7th October 2009, 10:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

On-line or call center is the one way of talking to Bajaj. Insurance Agent is the best way to approach the insurance company.
Old 7th October 2009, 13:27   #35
evo
BHPian

Some used car dealers also force you to buy the insurance from them, a friend of mine was nearly on the verge of paying 1.5 times for his insurance when he told the dealer that he wouldnt buy the car from him, too bad. The dealer said ok. His explanation was that the insurance was his only margin. So the chap bought another car from elesewhere.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Some used car dealers also force you to buy the insurance from them, a friend of mine was nearly on the verge of paying 1.5 times for his insurance when he told the dealer that he wouldnt buy the car from him, too bad. The dealer said ok. His explanation was that the insurance was his only margin. So the chap bought another car from elesewhere.
This is true!!!
One of the car dealer is my friend and I have heard the same thing from him. At the same time he told me that, we also want to make money by selling insurance with 0% discount.

If some one comes with a quote then only we give discount to them.
Old 7th October 2009, 16:06   #37
BHPian

I went to Honda Dealership & booked the car. I did told them that I will look around for insurance option from other companies as well. They have agreed. Though they told them they have tie-up with Cholamandla so they have paperless cash settlement. Delivery will be next month.

I told them this is even offered by TATA-AIG & Bajaj as well but their take was that with Chola in case of any claim we need to just send the vehicle to Honda Service & they will take care of claim directly, while for others we will have to deal with paperwork & claim. They will not help with claims or anything.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chola in case of any claim we need to just send the vehicle to Honda Service & they will take care of claim directly, while for others we will have to deal with paperwork & claim. They will not help with claims or anything.
What they mean is they have a tie-up with only Chola and not with Bajaj or anyone else.

Chola has 4 different plan's other then the basic one please check the same. They are real good plan.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to Honda Dealership & booked the car. I did told them that I will look around for insurance option from other companies as well. They have agreed. Though they told them they have tie-up with Cholamandla so they have paperless cash settlement. Delivery will be next month.
You did the right thing. Let me share my experience with you. Had booked an Innova for my uncle a few days ago and got it delivered yesterday. The insurance quote given by the dealer was around 39500 INR. Got the insurance done outside with a different insurance company (my friend is employed there) and managed to get it done for 30290 INR finally.

It is not new for us to hear dealers say (read that as threaten) with things like cashless settlement etc to make the customer fall prey to their words. What they do not realize is that other companies offer similar facilities too.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:51   #40
BHPian

^.. that's nice. Now I have to look around for some good rates...

Whats every bodies take on initial offer of Rs. 22131/ after 30% discount on initial amount of 31132/- as quoted by dealer for Chola....

The model is V MT ANHC with corporate discount of 15000/- Final price is 950744/- onroad (Ex showroom + Regn + Insurance {30% discount}) & a FREE original Honda Body cover...
Old 7th October 2009, 17:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The insurance quote given by the dealer was around 39500 INR. Got the insurance done outside with a different insurance company (my friend is employed there) and managed to get it done for 30290 INR finally.
This is WOW you saved Rs. Nine Thousand Two Hundred Ten Only.

Just for my knowledge who was the second insurer? (With whom you had taken the insurance policy.)
Old 31st August 2010, 22:28   #42
BHPian

Car Insurance is actually cheaper than the dealer's quotation

I'm buying a Fiesta 1.6S and the dealer (Lathangi Ford) has quoted 24k for insurance. However, on enquiry outside, I'm getting it at a much lesser price!
for instance, Tata AIG has quoted 19k for it and they also have a plan which covers 100% plastic, fibre and glass damage for 22k!

I enquired with lathangi service & they have cashless claim for Tata AIG. So, i'm planning on buying the Tata AIG insurance instead of the in-house stuff.

All of you buying new cars, please enquire with other insurance companies before spending the extra money!
Infact, a friend of mine was offered a 20% by the in-house insurance guy for his new Accent's insurance. Finally he bought Tata AIG from an agent at almost 40% discount!
Old 1st September 2010, 22:31   #43
BHPian

Claims...

How does the claming process work? I've seen a lot of people not repairing some "minor" scratches and dents saying they will have to spend a lot of money! So, they wait for something big to happen before claiming insurance!
why have an insurance not claim it? Is there some disadvantage by not claiming?
Also, say for instance, a tree falls on your car and its wreked, or the vehicle is stolen, will the insurance company reimburse the whole IDV value?
Old 16th September 2010, 10:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdaplus View Post
How does the claming process work?

1. I've seen a lot of people not repairing some "minor" scratches and dents saying they will have to spend a lot of money! So, they wait for something big to happen before claiming insurance!
why have an insurance not claim it? Is there some disadvantage by not claiming?
2. Also, say for instance, a tree falls on your car and its wreked, or the vehicle is stolen, will the insurance company reimburse the whole IDV value?
1. You have to claim all the claim's even the scratches, otherwise insurance company may say no to pay the claim in feature.

2. In case of stolen vehicle yes the insurance company have to pay the entire claim but in tree fallen case if the repairing cost is more then 75% of the IDV, then only the entire IDV will be paid.
Old 16th September 2010, 13:12   #45
evo
BHPian

I got free insurance supposedly worth Rs. 30,000 with the Linea.

Amount on the policy document ? Rs. 13497. !

Lots of salt eh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks