Team-BHP - Advice for insurance claim
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Advice for insurance claim (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/61511-advice-insurance-claim.html)

Guys need help for claiming insurance......

My friend had a horrible accident recently.
He banged his car into the divider but he thankfully escaped with minor injuries.
Now he has his car insurance from Reliance :-(
He is having difficulties in claiming his car insurance which was rejected by Reliance saying that MLC report mentioned "influence of alcohol".
But the blood sample report did not mention anything related to alcohol found in the blood.

Basically the report showed everything clear and he was fined by the court in the case for rash and negligent driving and the case was closed.
The blood sample report has also been certified by the court.

Now the BIG questions how should he proceed with the claiming the insurance ?
Reliance is saying the case would go to the court.

What should be the next steps ?
Should he pursue with the case ?

Sad to know about the accident and further troubles. If the MLC clears him of DUI and the company refuses to pay for the claim, keep all the communication handy and escalate the issue to the Nodal Officer(must be mentioned in the policy) and then to the Insurance Ombudsman as mentioned in Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of your region.

Ask him to look the terms and conditions of the Insurance also. Case would go to the court, what does that mean? Hasnt the court already closed the case?

Escalate the issue within one month of the reply by the company to the Insurance Ombudsman and if he is not satisfied by Ombudsman judgement take it to the consumer court(if the amount involved is huge). IMO He should pursue the case. Ask him to read the given link above.

Thank you for the reply.
I meant the Reliance would take the case for claiming the insurance to the court not the rash driving case which is already closed.

Hi,

This Tue I had my first accident in about 16 years of driving. Can't really explain the feeling. Some idiot decided to do a dead-stop in the middle of the road and as a result I banged my car ( a ford fiesta exi) into the car in front of me - a Honda city. Gave the car to Planet ford of Pune (this is where I stay btw), and got an estimate of around Rs. 82,000 out of which I need to pay Rs. 27000.00; rest being covered by insurance.

My query is - should I have taken a second opinion from another Ford service center regarding estimates as one of my colleagues had suggested or that wouldn't have made a difference. I do not think I could have gone anywhere else but an authorized center...so basically the doubt in my mind is that can cost of repairs be different between service centers

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet.fever (Post 1379558)
Guys need help for claiming insurance......

My friend had a horrible accident recently.
He banged his car into the divider but he thankfully escaped with minor injuries.
Now he has his car insurance from Reliance :-(
He is having difficulties in claiming his car insurance which was rejected by Reliance saying that MLC report mentioned "influence of alcohol".
But the blood sample report did not mention anything related to alcohol found in the blood.

Basically the report showed everything clear and he was fined by the court in the case for rash and negligent driving and the case was closed.
The blood sample report has also been certified by the court.

Now the BIG questions how should he proceed with the claiming the insurance ?
Reliance is saying the case would go to the court.

What should be the next steps ?
Should he pursue with the case ?

I will come back to you after taking some advice from some of claim's officer in some different company. Why I am not replying is because this is a case of proven negligence on your friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car123 (Post 1569746)
Hi,

This Tue I had my first accident in about 16 years of driving. Can't really explain the feeling. Some idiot decided to do a dead-stop in the middle of the road and as a result I banged my car ( a ford fiesta exi) into the car in front of me - a Honda city. Gave the car to Planet ford of Pune (this is where I stay btw), and got an estimate of around Rs. 82,000 out of which I need to pay Rs. 27000.00; rest being covered by insurance.

My query is - should I have taken a second opinion from another Ford service center regarding estimates as one of my colleagues had suggested or that wouldn't have made a difference. I do not think I could have gone anywhere else but an authorized center...so basically the doubt in my mind is that can cost of repairs be different between service centers

Understand one thing sirji it is the surveyor who approve the claim amount under which labor is 100% paid from the insurance company and for part's they have a fixed price list.

Reliance insurance is know to play such dirty tricks, and confuse the customers so as not to pay for the incurred losses. If they are taking it to court then its going to take sometime....
In general I always choose to be away from any Reliance product as I don't trust this brand :)