Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 20:35   #1

New India Assurance no claim bonus

Can anyone pls let me know how much amount I can save with 'no claim bonus' with New India Assurance?

Some background information:
This is the first year I am availing the insurance from new india for my new car Indica Vista TDI Aqua and the insurance premium is around Rs. 13k.

Someone dashed my car's corner of rear bumper (when I was not arond and the car was parked at Swargate, Pune) which made a decent dent and about an inch long tear onto the bumper.

The bumper cost is Rs. 2080 plus painting will be (at max) Rs. 800

I can get maximum of Rs. 1800 (50% of 2080 + 800 for painting) from insurance claim.

So if the 'no claim bonus' when I renew the insurance the next year is exceeding Rs. 2800, I will fix the bumper out of my own pocket and that's why the question.

As already said, I bought Indica vista TDI Aqua in APR-2009. I have clocked close to 5000 KM till now and second servicing is impending. I have not posted any review of the vehicle since this is my first car and I do not have much driving experience in India. So I don't think my 'review' would have done any value add to the group. Anyways, I am getting 16-17KMPL with shell diesel filled in at Hinjewadi, earlier I was getting 15-16 KMPL when I was filling in at Laxmi Road's entrance (the end of Laxmi Road near to the Lakdi Pool chowk). And yes, I am measuring KMPL based on the fuel guage pointer touching the red part on the guage and when the vehicle is standstill for 1+ hours on level ground (these are the parking situations at my office and at home). And no, I am not adding any additive (like System-D) till now but start doing after 10000KM.

Finally thanks to revhappy for his invaluable words about the car when I had referred to him before buying it. It was his review that really could lead me decide between V2 DLG turbo and VISTA TDI. (Being a core mechanical engineer, I am actually a big fan of diesel and in that DI and in that TCIC but could not afford DI so went ahead with 475 IDI of Vista TDI)

Issues faced till now are 2:
1. LED's for the front power windows buttons are busted, will fix those at the time of 2nd servicing.

2. There is a strage tic-tic-tic sound when I toggle the blower switch from 'within the car' to 'outside the car'. Pandit Auto guys said only someone from Behr India can fix it since it's coming from the blower fan. Will look into this at the time of second servicing only.

That's it. If you have read thus far, thanks for going thru my post!

Regards,
Suhas

PS: I will also be replacing the engine oil and oil filter at this 5000KM second servicing. I do not believe in that 10000KM oil change interval, at least for the first oil change.
Old 30th July 2009, 08:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are renewing your car insurance without making a claim you will get 20% NCB on your OD premium. If you claim then you will loose that 20% NCB. I will recommend not to claim since yours is a Tata car please check the excess that also will not be payable in that Rs.1800.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks