Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 12:30   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont buckle down. Approach the other Ford dealers in town.

Who is the GM ? General Manager of the dealership ? If yes, isnt he on the same side as the sales guy / sales manager ?

Also,
1. ask him to show the "instruction" from Ford reg that. Let him give in writing what he is saying.
2. Show him the BA insurance quote you got directly.
3. The discount offer if from Ford, he should not be complaining.
4. Threaten him that you'll go for a DZire DDIS instead. (but he may say your booking amount will be reduced by 10k or so -as per booking terms.)
Old 10th September 2009, 12:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Dont buckle down. Approach the other Ford dealers in town.

Who is the GM ? General Manager of the dealership ? If yes, isnt he on the same side as the sales guy / sales manager ?

Also,
1. ask him to show the "instruction" from Ford reg that. Let him give in writing what he is saying.
2. Show him the BA insurance quote you got directly.
3. The discount offer if from Ford, he should not be complaining.
4. Threaten him that you'll go for a DZire DDIS instead. (but he may say your booking amount will be reduced by 10k or so -as per booking terms.)

Yes condor - its GM of the dealership. Hes on the side of Sales guy.

Next time I am on phone with these guys I can ask more about Ford's instruction. I am sure he wouldnt go to that extent of showing it in writing. He also claims till date they have not let any customer take Insurance on their own. . Looks like he wont buckle down either. Lets see how it goes.

Yes, the discount offer is from Ford. I dont understand why these dealers are crying. Dont they make profits in Ex-showroom price itself?
Old 10th September 2009, 14:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is there only 1 dealer of Ford in chennai ?

why dont you approach other dealers in chennai and neighbouring areas ?

and its your money so dont waste it and never ever trust the Sales People in a dealership unless they are your personal firends.

These Sales people just want to make money for company and dont care for customers at all.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:19   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
He also claims till date they have not let any customer take Insurance on their own. .
And you can tell him that till date you have not let any one tell you what insurance you should go for.

Take one our Chennai TBHPians with you. Or two.

Btw, have you paid any booking amount yet ? If yes, it will be tough. But you can still complain to Bajaj Allianz about the quote.

If you have not paid the amount, walk out. It's your money, It's your money that's he's after. Not what's legally due if you buy that car from him.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:23   #20
BANNED

How about getting an independent quote from the same insurer? Then you can confront the dealer with it.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
How about getting an independent quote from the same insurer? Then you can confront the dealer with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And you can tell him that till date you have not let any one tell you what insurance you should go for.

Take one our Chennai TBHPians with you. Or two.

Btw, have you paid any booking amount yet ? If yes, it will be tough. But you can still complain to Bajaj Allianz about the quote.

If you have not paid the amount, walk out. It's your money, It's your money that's he's after. Not what's legally due if you buy that car from him.

I havent paid the booking amount. We walked out with the cheque in hand as he refused to let us do insurance bit on our own.

With regards to 1st dealer, I havent told them the amount quoted by BA, but I told him its way less than what hes quoting. He himself admits they are making some money in the Insurance component hence doesnt want to part with it as they have already given me some discount in the form of loyalty bonus. Hes basically disinterested in sale now.

And Yes I am talking with other dealer now. I have told these guys about the BA quote that was offered to me, the sales guy said he,ll talk to GM and will let us know if they can match that quote. So I should know by today evening.
If they match it, well and good, will do the booking with 2nd dealer. If they also refuse, not sure of what next.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:44   #22
BANNED

Look at the final cost and not the breakup. Since this is what finally matters. Also, next year you can go out for the insurance. In case it is cashless preserve that.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Rajivn:

The dealers make around 50% margin on insurance, so there you have it.

And since you are looking for a limited edition, which I believe will sell well, the sales person will not like to push the sale too much since he is losing his margin.

You will have to decide as to what is it that makes the deal for you? Do you think this limited edition is worth the extra 9k that you are donating to the dealers profit?

If not, take your time and make a decision. Else, go ahead and buy. End of the day, you should not regret either going for or not going for the said vehicle.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Take your business and the insurance outside - what's to discuss?
Old 10th September 2009, 15:53   #25
Team-BHP Support

The Dealer makes money from
1. Car Sale
2. Registration charges.
3. Financier payout, when you take a car loan via them.
4. Insurance payout, when you take insurance via them.

You want #1 with some freebies.
The Dealer uses a part of the money earned from 2,3 and 4 to give you these.
AND maybe keep some for himself.

Since you don't want to let him earn money from 2,3 and 4. Tell him point blank that he is not getting any money on that.

Now negotiate the freebies etc.

However I would not go this dealer, again.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Take your business and the insurance outside - what's to discuss?
I 100% agree with you.
Your thoughts and mine are same on this topic.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:08   #27
BANNED

IDEA!!!

Tell the moron of a sales guy that you are carrying over your insurance from the old car, so not new but transfer. You will save on NCB blah blah... see if he falls for it.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Now negotiate the freebies etc.

However I would not go this dealer, again.
How about taking the insurance from the dealer and compensating it by getting freebies?

As bblost said i would also not go to this dealer again as inspite of him agreeing to your terms he may give you a lemon of a car so best bet is even if you have to shell out same money go to the 2nd dealer you are in negotiations with at the moment.
Old 10th September 2009, 18:21   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rajiv, another thing you can do : tell that your BA gives your office guys a preferred rate of insurance.

I know Ford & BA give special pricing for a few companies.

And reg the dealer's freebies : ask him to keep it. You can get better stuff outside, and stuff that is to your taste & liking.

Last edited by condor : 10th September 2009 at 18:22.
Old 10th September 2009, 20:18   #30
BHPian

My suggestion is : do not fall for the freebies. The freebies at best are of mediocre quality.

Ask him to keep the freebies for other customers and get your insurance done from outside.

Tell him the following
1. You have a NCB certificate from Bajaj Allianz for your old car.
2. Your brother in law works for Bajaj Allianz
3. All your other insurance policies (bike, house etc) are with Bajaj Allianz. All your insurance policies are linked to one customer ID.

1 + 2 + 3 = ZERO income for the dealer from insurance commission

If he still does not agree : Linea is an awesome car !! Go to the nearest Fiat showroom

Most Viewed