Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 09:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv, thanks for the info. I have asked for a quote from Bajaj as well. I am currently dealing with Chennai Ford and the sales guy has no issues with me getting insurance from outside. In fact, he said it will be cheaper.

8% lifetime tax works out to 56K for the SXi and S. But the dealer is quoting 64K. He's coming to my place today. I am going to grill him about the margin he is making here.
Old 25th October 2009, 09:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I am really sorry, for not updating here. Let me update you guys - Yes went ahead with Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Exi. Final Quote - 7,21,500. I asked him to throw in Remote lock and few freebies. So it worked out to Rs 7,24,500.

The two dealers in question here are MPL Ford and Chennai Ford. Chennai Ford was quite flexible and brought down their Insurance quote from 23k ( if i am right) to 16,500. I know its still high, but dint want to further bother them as I got discouts elsewhere.
MPL was OK with us walking out, as they knew there was demand for that Limited Edition model and they can always find a customer who will not question their price components.

btw, Bajaj Allianz gave a price quote of 14,500 for Ford Fiesta. When I later disappointed the BA agent telling him that I am going with the dealer itself, he offered to further reduce the premium.
I think I could have brought him down to 13,500 or 13,000. Will use this experience for next car purchase anyways.

GUys buying Ford cars in Chennai, request you guys to bargain with both the dealers in Chennai and go with the one who is giving you the best offer.
+
Make sure that what insured value they are taking for insurance as it is important since the company keep on reducing the premium amount.
Also it is the Ford gives the free insurance (I got it from my dealer for my
Ford ZXi which I took delivery on 26th Sept'09) - Do not get carrierd away by the dealer talks.
Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 10:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Rajiv, thanks for the info. I have asked for a quote from Bajaj as well. I am currently dealing with Chennai Ford and the sales guy has no issues with me getting insurance from outside. In fact, he said it will be cheaper.

8% lifetime tax works out to 56K for the SXi and S. But the dealer is quoting 64K. He's coming to my place today. I am going to grill him about the margin he is making here.
Chennai Ford was pretty flexible to me. If they let you take Insurance outside, then good, you can save 10 - 13k there. Bajaj Allianz might quote you 15,000 Rs (varies on the model). But you can drive them down by 1000- 2000 Rs, from the price point they quote you.

Dealers add markups on Life Tax, Registration Charges and Insurance. If they are ready to forego the Insurance, they woud make their money elsewhere.

Check the Corp Discount offered in MPL as well. Read TheHummeGuys post in previous page, MPL gave him a Corp Discount of 65k while Chennai Ford gave him 50k discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Thanks guys for your inputs, I got the bajaj allianz guys yesterday and they quoted 17500 for the sports model and also offered 22k option for road assurance. I dont know whether this is the right deal, I asked the dealer and he was not aware of the road assurance scheme and didnt get back on it, the invoice amount seem to be 6.54l and 5% depreciation will be on the invoice price to calculate the premium, I will again talk to bajaj allianze guys to check with the pricing. Thanks again for your help on deciding the insurance providers. BTW, I am fixing the deal with MPL wh gave 65k discount compared to 50k by chennai ford. The cost of tax and registration they are charging 71k but the tax is 8% of the invoiced amount these guys make money somewhere!
Hi TheHummerGuy , BA quote for 17,500 seems a tad high. I think you can get it done for much less. It again depends model to model. Maybe you can check with other Insurance vendors like Chola Insurance, Reliance, etc to see which one offers the cheapest and best deal.

Yeaah, you see , they make money elsewhere, I think 71k for Life Tax and Regn is pretty high. But try , squeezing him there, lets see what happens.

Last edited by v12 : 25th October 2009 at 11:40.
Old 25th October 2009, 11:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Make sure that what insured value they are taking for insurance as it is important since the company keep on reducing the premium amount.
Also it is the Ford gives the free insurance (I got it from my dealer for my
Ford ZXi which I took delivery on 26th Sept'09) - Do not get carrierd away by the dealer talks.
Thanks
Yeah, they do give free Insurance. Its another marketing gimmick. But they quote pretty high like 24 - 28k and they waive it off, making one think that they got a deal there, a discount of 24 - 28k from OTR. Actual cost for Insurance for dealer would be like 12 - 14k (depends on his arrangements with Insurance vendor).
Old 25th October 2009, 13:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi TheHummerGuy , BA quote for 17,500 seems a tad high. I think you can get it done for much less. It again depends model to model. Maybe you can check with other Insurance vendors like Chola Insurance, Reliance, etc to see which one offers the cheapest and best deal.

Yeaah, you see , they make money elsewhere, I think 71k for Life Tax and Regn is pretty high. But try , squeezing him there, lets see what happens.
Right Rajiv, I called the BA guys and now with the IGV value of 6.5lk they arrived at a new quote of 16,460/- so 1k reduced initially MPL quoted me 28k!!! for insurance where one can register even a merc .

I have to check the dealer regarding some reduction for the registration, probably chennai ford gives at 64k and give less corp. discount these guys try to sqeeze out from poor consumers...It would be better if they allow us to take care of the registration part and this will definitely add value to us.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar bitter experience today, but at Chennai Ford, while trying to book the 1.6S. Till yesterday, the salesman was quoting an OTR of 7.5. This was after taking into account corp discount, outside insurance from BA (8K less than dealer's), free essentials pack/waxoyl and third year warranty free and some minor freebies.

I went there today with the cheque book to make the booking. The price quoted today is 7.72 OTR! Instead of giving me the cash discount that was promised yesterday, they are offering me 28K insurance free (21K outside)+15K accessories (3rd yr warranty, essentials and sun film). They also claimed that if I take insurance from outside, it would lead to delays when a claim is made, whereas they would be prompt if their own insurance is taken. Both the insurance is from Bajaj Allianz.

They effectively jacked up the price by 22K in a matter of 24 hours. Needless to say, I walked out of there... deeply disappointed. The extra 22K is not a showstopper But I did not like the dealer's bait and switch tactics. I am going to MPL Ford tomorrow to see what kind of deal they can offer. Since it's the month end, I am hoping they would be desperate to cut a deal.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They also claimed that if I take insurance from outside, it would lead to delays when a claim is made, whereas they would be prompt if their own insurance is taken. Both the insurance is from Bajaj Allianz.
They are laying this is a "100%", I repeat "100%" wrong statement.

They are just fooling you. At the time of claim if they have tie-up with Bajaj and your Bajaj policy is from somewhere else and not from them the claim will not have any problem.

Mod:- Please remove this line if you feel this is wrong.

"This is just an Gunda Gardi of a dealer"
Old 29th October 2009, 13:35   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar bitter experience today, but at Chennai Ford, while trying to book the 1.6S. Till yesterday, the salesman was quoting an OTR of 7.5. This was after taking into account corp discount, outside insurance from BA (8K less than dealer's), free essentials pack/waxoyl and third year warranty free and some minor freebies.

I went there today with the cheque book to make the booking. The price quoted today is 7.72 OTR! Instead of giving me the cash discount that was promised yesterday, they are offering me 28K insurance free (21K outside)+15K accessories (3rd yr warranty, essentials and sun film). They also claimed that if I take insurance from outside, it would lead to delays when a claim is made, whereas they would be prompt if their own insurance is taken. Both the insurance is from Bajaj Allianz.

They effectively jacked up the price by 22K in a matter of 24 hours. Needless to say, I walked out of there... deeply disappointed. The extra 22K is not a showstopper But I did not like the dealer's bait and switch tactics. I am going to MPL Ford tomorrow to see what kind of deal they can offer. Since it's the month end, I am hoping they would be desperate to cut a deal.
Gilead, Exact thing I went thru with MPL. You got no option, try with MPL now, lets see what happens. I guess, it will be the same story. Do update us here, people could come wid good suggestions. Dont fork the out the money yet.

Well, this is their strategy...so you dont end up saving 14k which you can otherwise

Quote:
Yeah, they do give free Insurance. Its another marketing gimmick. But they quote pretty high like 24 - 28k and they waive it off, making one think that they got a deal there, a discount of 24 - 28k from OTR. Actual cost for Insurance for dealer would be like 12 - 14k (depends on his arrangements with Insurance vendor).
Old 29th October 2009, 13:40   #54
BHPian

I purchased an Ikon from MPL 2 months back. They told me the same thing. I told them tat in that case I will go with Chennai Ford. They immediately said that their "manager has made an exception for you.

I saved about 3k for the first year. The best part is that I will spend lower each year so over 7 years it is an 15k saving. Which is substantial. Which is why the dealer gets a decent amount if you take the insurance through them.

PS: Try to get your insurance through a nationalized insurer. It is easier to claim if it comes to it.

Last edited by Proxima : 29th October 2009 at 13:42.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:51   #55
BHPian

It's a straight forward cheating from the Dealer. There is no such rule that the Dealer has to do the Insurance. And Second thing - Please donot prefer Bajaj Alliance. You can go for any other Insurance - Whether Private or PSU, but not this one.

Recently I got my Friend a Spark from Sundaram Motors in Bangalore. And initially, he said the same story, but after I intervened, then he cheated us with the goodies, saying that he never promised. The Sales person is Mr. Manjesh, so please beware about this person. I guess this person is an employee from erstwhile FIAT (Premier Padmini). But ultimately, We did the Insurance on our own and saved about 7K on SPARK.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:56   #56
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

always compare insurance quotes from two or three insurers before going for it.

I have personally found excellent service from Tata AIG - they are quick, responsive and fair.

Our other car was insured by the company with a Nationalized Insurance Company - they dont even have a helpline!! - One has to go to their office in the event of a claim, register the claim physically, then await the pleasure of the inspector and then once approved, the vehicle can go to the workshop! - ridiculous in today's times - when that comes up for insurance, we will most definitely change it over to Tata AIG.

When you buy a new car - you certainly do not need to take insurance from the dealer - you can take it on your own and pay the premium and ask them to immediately issue a cover note which means you're perfectly legal until the actual insurance documents arrive!
Old 29th October 2009, 15:08   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Please donot prefer Bajaj Alliance
Do you have some bad experience with Bajaj. Please share that with us.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
btw, Bajaj Allianz gave a price quote of 14,500 for Ford Fiesta. When I later disappointed the BA agent telling him that I am going with the dealer itself, he offered to further reduce the premium.
I think I could have brought him down to 13,500 or 13,000. Will use this experience for next car purchase anyways.
Is this Basic Premium Amount or the Final Amount you are going to pay to BA?

I got quote from BA that Basic Premium is 14K. Add to that Owner's cover, Thir Party's Liability, Service Tax. The final amount which I will have to pay comes to around Rs.19K.

So please tell me whether your is Final amount or otherwise.

Quote:

I have told the Dealer (Sales Executive) that I would be taking the Insurance myself for the Xylo. He has agreed on that. Also the Registration would be done by me itself.
Will I have to face situation while taking delivery of our Xylo?
Would the Dealer raise the price when I go to take the delivery next week?
Please tell me what should I do if the same situation comes in my way too.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 29th October 2009 at 16:43.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again guys. If you have similar experiences, do share here on how you handled.
A little late, yes, but anyway. For the i20 I went to the Hyundai dealer from where I bought my Accent. They said a flat-out no for self-insurance, come what may. I walked off. Simple. Of course, in my case it was easier to walk because there are 5-6 dealers for Hyundai in Mumbai, and there wasn't a rupee of discount to be had on the car anyway.
Old 6th November 2009, 11:30   #60

I had a similar experince, while booking Tata MANZA Aura +. Dealer had quoted insurance rate of Rs.22k+. I was financing this car through HDFC & they offered 30% discount on Insurance. Dealer quote was around 22K & HDFC guys were ready to offer for 14K. I immediately called them up & explained this. The dealer was in litreal shock, belive me! Their expression was saying how dare a person can Bargain for Newly Launched Car!! I just insisted that I would manage my own Insurance or else I am going to place STOP Cheque Instruction. Dealer's version was they have not received any instructions on this - If a customer can manage own Insurance for newly launched car. I told Salesman clearly, either you match this pricing, or else I would go somewhere else. He went & spoke to his Boss, which I could see from distance, Boss was equally disgruntled, I could make out with facial expressions. Finally they said, they would revert by 6 PM on this after checking with their HO. I said no worry, its all fine with me, till you match this price for me or else I shall manage my Own. By 4 PM I get a call from the dealer that, their company policy doesn't allow customers to go for own Insurance for newly launched car, but "as a special case" they are ready to Match this insurance price for me!!! Voila..!!! I got what I wanted. Again he crossed checked, If I am satisfied or not with this deal & I said, I am happy! You can go ahead with the other formalities, like issuing me the "official" receipt of 50K. I ensured they changed the Order Booking Card with the new figure of 14200 under insurance against originally filled 22K.
If I would had given same day cheque, I wouldn't had been in a position to bargain. Since its a newly launched car no other "offers' are on the card :(
Till now my experience with Dealer had been satisfactory as I got what all I asked for. Not sure about coming days.

Ethereal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks