Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 22nd August 2019, 08:33   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Transferring insurance after change of registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am in the same boat and Tata AIG is insisting that I bring the vehicle for Inspection as well for transfer of insurance apart from the documents.
That's the regular procedure I believe, at least I had similar experience with New India assurance & United India.
Reliance & HDFC were different story.
Old 18th February 2020, 14:22   #32
BHPian

I recently got my office lease car transferred in my name. Car was previously registered under RTA Hyderabad Central and it was re-registered in RTA RangaReddy (based on my residential address). Now, HDFC Ergo is asking me to pay Rs. 4799/- for RTA change. But they asked Rs. 392/- for RTA change to Kukatpally for my colleagues. HDFC Ergo is claiming that the price varies based on RTO location (Kukatpally vs Ranga Reddy). Is their claim correct? Such a big price difference between two RTOs in Hyderabad.
Old 6th February 2021, 13:13   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am in the same boat and Tata AIG is insisting that I bring the vehicle for Inspection as well for transfer of insurance apart from the documents.
Though its a very late response, I NEVER had to take the vehicle for inspection.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:41   #34
BHPian

Guys i have bought a pre owned car last week. RC has been transferred in my name. It has a 3rd party insurance (National insurance) which now needs to be transferred to my name too. I have been given to understand that in the case of 3rd party insurance, transfer is not mandatory and will solve the purpose even without transfer until expired as it goes by car reg. no. and not the car owners name mentioned in RC.

Can anyone confirm the same please?

Also, another apprehension is that i have a NCB reservation letter from another insurance company (ICICI Lombard) for my own car that i sold a few days back. If i transfer the National insurance for my existing car in my name, will i still be able to use the NCB letter (from ICICI Lombard) to claim NCB next year on insurance renewal for my existing car?
Old 7th July 2021, 13:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFanatic View Post
I have been given to understand that in the case of 3rd party insurance, transfer is not mandatory and will solve the purpose even without transfer until expired as it goes by car reg. no. and not the car owners name mentioned in RC.

Can anyone confirm the same please?

If i transfer the National insurance for my existing car in my name, will i still be able to use the NCB letter (from ICICI Lombard) to claim NCB next year on insurance renewal for my existing car?
Reg the 3rd party insurance query, transfer of the Insurance policy on the car from previous owner to current owner is mandatory irrespective whether the Insurance is 3rd party only or comprehensive.

You should be able to use the NCB accumulated during the Insurance renewal next year. Or alternatively you can cancel the Insurance and buy a new one where you could use the NCB accumulated.
Old 7th July 2021, 14:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
I recently got my office lease car transferred in my name. Car was previously registered under RTA Hyderabad Central and it was re-registered in RTA RangaReddy (based on my residential address). Now, HDFC Ergo is asking me to pay Rs. 4799/- for RTA change. But they asked Rs. 392/- for RTA change to Kukatpally for my colleagues. HDFC Ergo is claiming that the price varies based on RTO location (Kukatpally vs Ranga Reddy). Is their claim correct? Such a big price difference between two RTOs in Hyderabad.
Is this related to the Insurance ownership change or car ownership change? If an Insurance co is asking for some amount I suppose this would be related to the refund of the NCB amount claimed by the Office ownership. AFAIK, the amount to transfer the Insurance ownership is very minimal.

Most Viewed