Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 20:29   #16
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I still have may doubt after reading previous posts. Hence, asking it.

Will it be possible to get 'Smart Card RC' for my 2001 model Esteem VX in exchange of old RC book?
My vehicle is Thane RTO registered.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
So what do people do to remove this hypothecation information from their cards once the car loan is paid off?
Just hang in there, we would be coming out with a step by step guide to do this, Keeping the Pune RTO in mind

@dev_kudle - Yes you can, just pay for the Smart card & they will replace the old rc book/sheet with the new smart card RC
Old 10th May 2010, 15:39   #18
BHPian

Is the Smart card issued in Chennai too
Old 7th July 2011, 14:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Smart Card instead of RTO RC book

I wanted to know, in a smart card, how does one verify the past owners? Does RTO provide this information to a layperson, in case you are about to purchase a pre-owned car?
Old 7th July 2011, 17:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I wanted to know, in a smart card, how does one verify the past owners? Does RTO provide this information to a layperson, in case you are about to purchase a pre-owned car?
It is mentioned on the top right of the smart card as number of owners
Old 26th March 2013, 22:13   #21
BHPian

Went around exploring for a two wheeler purchase today & was quoted 900rs as smart card charges in kal yani ba jaj, here in bangalore, today. Previously, honda showroom next to it, quoted just 120rs for registration. Not sure, if registration includes the smart card charge as well (could not check since I went to honda shop first).

Any idea how much is the official charge for a smart card based registration and smart card issual itself?
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:06   #22
BHPian

How many days does it take for RC smart card to arrive from Bangalore RTO? I got registration number on 3rd May i.e next day of taking delivery of the vehicle. However, dealer informed me that RTO will post the RC smart card directly to my residential address in 45 days. Does it take so much time? Now it's almost 3 weeks since my car got registered still no signs of RC card. Checked with Dealer again and they told there is nothing much anyone can do, except keep patience and wait!

Any recent experience for members here getting RC? With whom shall i follow up? If i approach the RTO directly will they entertain? Any link to check the status online?
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
How many days does it take for RC smart card to arrive from Bangalore RTO? However, dealer informed me that RTO will post the RC smart card directly to my residential address in 45 days. Does it take so much time? Now it's almost 3 weeks since my car got registered still no signs of RC card.
Normally 45 days is the processing time taken for the RC by most of the RTO's in the country. You need not worry about the despatch, it will be sent directly to your place through the Indian postal services. Check out the nearest post office, might have come but the postman takes their own sweet time to deliver.

Till that time keep in possession in the car the Road tax and registration receipt copies.
Old 4th June 2014, 12:57   #24
BHPian

Finally today I received RC smart card from Koramangala RTO. Though I was told 45 days by Prerana Motors i received it in a month's time from the date of vehicle registration:

On a lighter note and OT: The smart card was sent to me directly from RTO with RTO stamp on the seal of the envelope. The envelope belonged to prerana motors. Just wondering when we are paying lakhs of rupeees as Road Tax to RTO (in my case Rs. 2.5 lacs), even a petty stationary like envelope they want to source from Dealers and dont want to use their own Sorry State of affairs
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 15:36   #25
BHPian

On the smart car lines

How does this change the "Depositing the RC with financier" rule?
I mean, if one is issued a smart card; can he create a 'smart' copy to be kept with him/her while the original would be with the financier for the duration of the loan?

Anyone who has recently purchased a car on an auto loan, and is issued a smart card. Plz share the details.
Old 8th June 2014, 16:04   #26
BHPian

@Spinnerr I received original RC smart card. What was informed to me by dealer was it's in the RTO records that my car is financed. they told me that once i repay all my loan, i need to visit the bank, request them NOC letter and submit this letter myself to RTO. If i dont do so i will face hassles when i plan to sell the vehicle in the coming years!
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 16:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Computerized certificate instead of RTO Smart card for Maharashtra

Planning to buy a new car in the coming days? Be prepared to get a RTO certificate instead of smart card.

Due to expiry of the contract with the Smart card manufacturer company, RTO's all across Maharashtra will be issuing the RC booklet just like old times till the smart card contract is renewed and cards are available. Initially it was though that the contract will be renewed in a months time but looking at the red tape and inordinate delays in the govt tendering process, the expected time period is to go upto 3 to 6 months.

The RC will be a computerized sheet and will no longer be Smart. The despatch will be as usual through the Speed Post. So one can expect crumpled, torn certificates to land in the hands to the vehicle owners thanks to the Indian Post.

Details of the link as below.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...ooklet-2039630

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/45315986.cms

Mods - if this call for a separate discussion, please feel free to move to a seperate thread.
Old 1st December 2014, 17:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Computerized certificate instead of RTO Smart card for Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Planning to buy a new car in the coming days? Be prepared to get a RTO certificate instead of smart card.
Any idea if this applicable for license renewal too? Just asking because even the card licenses have some sort of chip embedded in them.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Computerized certificate instead of RTO Smart card for Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Any idea if this applicable for license renewal too?
If its the same smart card vendor, then probably yes. Its not confirmed yet as to what would be the procedure for licence renewal in the absence of Smart card.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 15:21   #30
SJN
BHPian

I recently bought a new car in Pune. Any idea how long it will take to get the Smartcard RC? Can we track the Smartcard using the SMS sent by RTO?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks