Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 18:42   #31
BHPian

Smart Card instead of RTO RC book

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I recently bought a new car in Pune. Any idea how long it will take to get the Smartcard RC? Can we track the Smartcard using the SMS sent by RTO?

It is no more a smart card. It is a printed paper RC. You will receive an sms as soon as the RC is ready and dispatched. Generally within 30 days of registration.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:12   #32
BHPian

Re: Smart Card instead of RTO RC book

Hello,

My family purchased two cars in March 2015 and for both cars we received a RC printed with Dot-Matrix printer on a pre-printed sheet - registered the cars in Pimpri Chinchwad RTO.

The printing is so faint that even the basic details like owner's name, vehicle's registration number and dates are not visible.

It seems that RTO people do not know how to replace a ribbon cartridge of printer and are using the cartridge which does not have any ink left in it.

After we received these RCs, they were promptly kept in the respective cars.

One month after this (the cars were 3 months old then), one of the cars were stopped near a traffic light by traffic cops. When the RC was shown to the cop he did not accept that it is a document issued by the local RTO.

Fortunately, we did have the Tax receipt in the vehicle at that time, so the matter was sorted out.

Recently I came across an information about Vehicle Detail Report that can be requested at RTO. It is like paying nominal fees of INR 100/- at the RTO and they print the details of the vehicle on an A4 sheet and stamp it. The document is considered equivalent of RC.

Now, I am waiting for either the smart cards to start again so that the RCs will be replaced by cards or to obtain the Vehicle Detail Report from RTO.
JitendraK78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
The printing is so faint that even the basic details like owner's name, vehicle's registration number and dates are not visible.
Now, I am waiting for either the smart cards to start again so that the RCs will be replaced by cards or to obtain the Vehicle Detail Report from RTO.
I would suggest to show the RC to the RTO authorities and get another copy correctly printed (explain the cop incident to support your request). Smart Cards are yet to finalized by the RTO, no timelines are available as of now. Till then the paper RC is the only option.
Old 24th November 2015, 02:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
... Smart Cards are yet to finalized by the RTO, no timelines are available as of now. Till then the paper RC is the only option.
It doesn't look like happening anytime soon. A friend in Vashi RTO said there is no movement in awarding the contract.
Seems payment for the previous contract is pending and unless it is sorted out, they can't award the new contract.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 20:54   #35
SJN
BHPian

Its more than 45 days now and no sign of either the Smart card or paper Registration certificate for my car.
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Its more than 45 days now and no sign of either the Smart card or paper Registration certificate for my car.
Forget about the smart card for the time being.

You should have got the paper registration certificate by now. Officially they say 'within 90 days', I got it in 2 weeks, couple of friends got in 3-4 weeks max. If you call the dealer, they will ask you to wait till 90 days. If you know anyone in RTO, you can check. You can also check with the postman or your security guard whether postman came with the papers.
If all responses are negative, wait for 90 days to push the dealer, they will not move/help before that.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 18:49   #37
SJN
BHPian

It just keeps on getting more interesting. On 3rd Dec I got an sms that RC has been handed over for Speed Post delivery. Excitedly I went to the post office on 5th to check and was bluntly told that it takes around 15 days for the RC to reach the post office after the sms since it takes few more days to be "actually" dispatched by Speed Post!

The process would be whole lot easier only if they would mention the Speed Post tracking no in the sms, similar to Passport.
Old 21st December 2015, 13:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
It just keeps on getting more interesting. On 3rd Dec I got an sms that RC has been handed over for Speed Post delivery. Excitedly I went to the post office on 5th to check and was bluntly told that it takes around 15 days for the RC to reach the post office after the sms since it takes few more days to be "actually" dispatched by Speed Post!

The process would be whole lot easier only if they would mention the Speed Post tracking no in the sms, similar to Passport.
Got the "Paper" today via Speed Post. How on earth will this piece of paper last for 15 years !?
Old 21st December 2015, 14:10   #39
J.Ravi

My son took delivery of his brand new i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN from Trident on 27 Nov 2015. Within a week, the RC in smart card was received by speed post from the Rajajinagar RTO. We were mentally prepared to wait for a month as it was the case with my erstwhile Linea; but, completely surprised by their super fast action.

Old 21st December 2015, 17:44   #40
SJN
BHPian

Finally got the paper RC. Just looking at it, I hope we get the Smartcard RC sometime in future. Anyway it took 67 days from registration and 21 days after the dispatch sms from RTO. And I was lucky to get it since RTO has reversed the flat no in address i.e. C-501 is now C-105!
Can somebody help me on the process to correct the flat no in RC?
Old 6th January 2016, 10:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
It doesn't look like happening anytime soon. A friend in Vashi RTO said there is no movement in awarding the contract.
Seems payment for the previous contract is pending and unless it is sorted out, they can't award the new contract.
Update. The smart card is back !!
My friend got the smart card for his car last week. Vashi, Navi Mumbai RTO.
Old 9th January 2016, 14:45   #42
BHPian

My Classic 350 was registered with Andheri RTO on 2nd January 2016 & on 9th January 2016 I received the RC by post which is a paper RC rather than a smart card. At the time of delivery, the dealer told me that I will be receiving the RC smartcard within 45 days.
Just wanted to know if this Paper RC is permanent or I would receive a smartcard later?
Old 11th January 2016, 05:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
My Classic 350 was registered with Andheri RTO on 2nd January 2016 & on 9th January 2016 I received the RC by post which is a paper RC rather than a smart card. At the time of delivery, the dealer told me that I will be receiving the RC smartcard within 45 days.
Just wanted to know if this Paper RC is permanent or I would receive a smartcard later?
I think the paper RC is permanent, there won't be any Smart card coming. But I believe you can approach the RTO and ask them to convert this to a smart card. There may be some fees/charges.
Old 11th January 2016, 09:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The smart card is back !!
Quote:
I think the paper RC is permanent, there won't be any Smart card coming.
Aren't the above two statement contradicting? As per my sources (Thane RTO), Smart card contract is not finalized for any RTO and until it is done it will have to be the paper RC. Can your friend confirm if the smart card given is from the old lot or something?

Those who have got the paper RC, suggest to laminate the same at the earliest after taking a few copies.
Old 11th January 2016, 09:17   #45
BANNED

I am surprised that MH is still that primitive. I think MP went over to s smart card well over three years ago!! So MP is more tech savvy than MH??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks