Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 10:11   #46
BHPian

Re: Smart Card instead of RTO RC book

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am surprised that MH is still that primitive. I think MP went over to s smart card well over three years ago!! So MP is more tech savvy than MH??
Back in 2010, I got a smart card in 2-3 weeks. We have now gone from 21st century to pre-historic era

In 2015, I paid 75K+ for LTT+Registration and what I get is a computer printed paper. Sigh! I am sure RTO will now charge me 200+ Rupees to get a smart card once they start issuing it again.

The funny part if Driving License is a smart card!!

I am just waiting for a day when I am on my bicycle and I see a RTO officer doing surprise checks. I am surely going to talk to him about this RC book non sense.
Old 11th January 2016, 11:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Aren't the above two statement contradicting? As per my sources (Thane RTO), Smart card contract is not finalized for any RTO and until it is done it will have to be the paper RC. Can your friend confirm if the smart card given is from the old lot or something?
My friend got a smart card. It's first hand experience, not 'somebody told'
May be the smart card thing just resumed and it is getting implemented in different RTOs slowly. I think in 1-2 months, it be 100% smart card again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am surprised that MH is still that primitive. I think MP went over to s smart card well over three years ago!! So MP is more tech savvy than MH??
I got the smart card for my Punto in 2009. So it was there in MH for more than 6-7 years. In 2014, I got paper rc book for Polo. The contract with smart card vendor expired / cancelled and there was some issue in renewal - this was the reason we were hearing for the paper thing.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 14:26   #48
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Finally got the paper RC. Just looking at it, I hope we get the Smartcard RC sometime in future. Anyway it took 67 days from registration and 21 days after the dispatch sms from RTO. And I was lucky to get it since RTO has reversed the flat no in address i.e. C-501 is now C-105!
Can somebody help me on the process to correct the flat no in RC?
An update to the previous post.

I got the address corrected through the dealer. The dealer had to provide copy of the RTO form showing the correct address. However, instead of printing RC again, RTO has corrected the address with pen and put their signature and stamp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Back in 2010, I got a smart card in 2-3 weeks. We have now gone from 21st century to pre-historic era

In 2015, I paid 75K+ for LTT+Registration and what I get is a computer printed paper. Sigh! I am sure RTO will now charge me 200+ Rupees to get a smart card once they start issuing it again.

The funny part if Driving License is a smart card!!

I am just waiting for a day when I am on my bicycle and I see a RTO officer doing surprise checks. I am surely going to talk to him about this RC book non sense.
Yes even I was wondering the same! I got my driving license in Dec as smartcard so why the RC is a paper?
Old 19th March 2016, 09:41   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How to determine number of owners in smart card RC

For RC Smart cards issued in Karnataka (Bangalore):
When loan is taken to buy the car, the hypothecation information is not printed on the card but will be embedded in the smart card chip ?

If so, when the loan is closed out, one should have the card chip updated at the RTO or apply for a new one ?
Old 19th March 2016, 12:44   #50
BHPian

Re: How to determine number of owners in smart card RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

If so, when the loan is closed out, one should have the card chip updated at the RTO or apply for a new one ?
In Maharashtra,since the name of the bank is shown, when the loan closes, the bank sends closure notice with applicable forms for RTO.
These have to be submitted with the original RC and a new card is sent without the banks name displayed.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:11   #51
BHPian

In Pune, the much touted Smart city, things are going backwards. 2004 when I purchased my first car, i had the RC paper deliverd in a month. The next time in 2010 when i purchased my second car, it took 3 months for the RC Smart Card to be delivered. Now in 2016, It's been 6 months and I'm still waiting, either for paper or Smart Card.

Today i did overcome my aversion for visiting the RTO office and spent half a day waiting in fromt of Window #1, only to be told that the card is not yet Printed. Duh

With the onset of the Navratra's and Diwali, I'm wondering if this will get printed before this year ends?

A query: I'm planning to drive down to Chennai during the diwali holidays. Will other state cops accept the excuse of a receipt in lieu of the original paper RC?
Old 4th October 2016, 16:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
A query: I'm planning to drive down to Chennai during the diwali holidays. Will other state cops accept the excuse of a receipt in lieu of the original paper RC?
You can take a que from here

Pune RTO seems to be the worst these days. Apparently they are facing some issue with stationary because of which the printing isnt happening. These horror stories have stopped me from getting the hypothecation removed from the RC because given the way things are, I am really not sure when I will be getting the RC. Adding to it, I maybe looking at an address change as well
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 15:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
You can take a que from here
Thanks centaur, the gods have been good to me. Yesterday i got a surprise when i went home. My RC book which was still not Printed was printed and sent and received at home.

Doubting the effeciency, I trudged back to the RTO (you can think me as insane, but with these Govt offices, it's really necessary to identify worthwhile sources) and this time went to the section on the ground floor. There i got to know the true story,

RC Sent for Printing on 26-Sep, Couriered on 30, delivered on 5th.

My sincere advice, please double check with the counter downstairs for they are more reliable.

PS:
I've closed my car loan, now do i go back to cancel the hypothecation or not ???
Old 6th October 2016, 15:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
I've closed my car loan, now do i go back to cancel the hypothecation or not ???
I closed mine last Oct. Still couldn't gather the courage to go ahead and get it removed. Another person whose case was similar to mine went and did an address change and hypothecation removal in one go and what did the RTO do? Remove only the Hypothecation and send the RC to the old address.

Luckily for him, he knew the person staying at that address and got the RC from there but I am not so fortunate. Not sure if I should wait till I sell the car or get it done
Old 6th October 2016, 16:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
The contract with smart card vendor expired / cancelled and there was some issue in renewal - this was the reason we were hearing for the paper thing.
Yes, this seems to be the reason.

For my vehicle bought in 2005 I got the RC sheet (dot-matrix printed on those blue, striated paper).

For my second vehicle in 2011 I got a smart card with chip with the HP and bank name on it. When I closed the loan, I also sold the vehicle so didn't have to bother getting a new card.

For my current vehicle bought in April 2015 I again got the RC sheet (its dot-matrix printed on those striated paper). Now the ink on this paper is fading. Guess in 6 months from now, if I am stopped by the traffic police, I will end up pulling out a seeming blank computer sheet after all. I have an electronic scan though.

All of them were/are Thane registered.
Old 7th May 2017, 11:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

I bought my car on March 28th 2017 and till now there is no sign of the RC book / card. The registration falls under MH14GA****

Any ideas how long it does take in Pune (pcmc) ?
Old 8th May 2017, 15:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Any ideas how long it does take in Pune (pcmc)?
It shouldn't take more than a month to get the new RC.

I suggest you go to the Pune RTO and find out the status of your new RC. If you have the registration receipt, take that along since they might need that to track down the status.

I had faced the similar issue when I had submitted a request to remove hypothecation from RC. After a month, when I followed up, the folks confirmed that it was never sent to the team who prints the cards. It was forwarded for printing only when I inquired.

Thanks
R-six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 23:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
It shouldn't take more than a month to get the new RC.

I suggest you go to the Pune RTO and find out the status of your new RC. If you have the registration receipt, take that along since they might need that to track down the status.

I had faced the similar issue when I had submitted a request to remove hypothecation from RC. After a month, when I followed up, the folks confirmed that it was never sent to the team who prints the cards. It was forwarded for printing only when I inquired.

Thanks
R-six
Had visited the PCMC RTO today and after verifying the series (GA), I have been informed that RC has still not been initiated to be dispatched for this particular series A solution provided to me was to have the extract, by paying a nominal fee of Rupees 50, plus form charge of Rupees 2. I did not go for the extract option as there was a huge queue over there and paying Rupees 50, sounded too expensive. Let me now wait till July 2017.

Attached is the form for RC extract for interested members :-

RC Extract Form.pdf
Old 29th June 2017, 20:08   #59
BHPian

Has anyone received a smart card registration certificate in the last year from the Chennai (West) RTO.

Would anyone also know of the process to convert a paper registration certificate to a smart card, if they are being issued by the Chennai (West) RTO?
Old 28th July 2017, 23:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Has Pune RTO started issuing smart cards again ? Can someone from Pune confirm ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks