Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift hit from 2 different sides-how can insurance be claimed at one go?

This is my friend's swift, hit at 2 different sides, the rear bumper has to be replaced and so the front fender.And of course, both the doors need to be repainted.
Can the insurance be claimed for all these at one go?
Any other details will be welcome as I have zero knowledge about this.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift hit from 2 different sides-how can insurance be claimed at one go?-dsc01467.jpg  

Swift hit from 2 different sides-how can insurance be claimed at one go?-dsc01468.jpg  

Swift hit from 2 different sides-how can insurance be claimed at one go?-dsc01469.jpg  

Swift hit from 2 different sides-how can insurance be claimed at one go?-dsc01470.jpg  

Swift hit from 2 different sides-how can insurance be claimed at one go?-dsc01471.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2009, 13:36   #2
BHPian

This happened to my bike not car, but my Bike had similar damages both sides. No idea how. A stupid auto came in my lane on the wrong way and I skidded avoiding to brake.

The bike fell on one side only, but there was damage on both sides. The mechanic was equally confused and then informed me to say that the auto hit me on one side and I fell on the other side. He did the same when they inspected and the insurance guys accepted it.

So you could spin something similar and get it done. Hope that was helpful
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

@sid: I do not see a problem claiming insurance provided the damage to both sides have happened during the same accident.

In case an FIR has been filed, the police report should clearly mention how the accident occurred and the areas that have been damaged/impacted due to the same.

I met with an accident six months ago where a school bus rammed into my car from behind while waiting at a signal. In the impact, my car was thrusted forward and hit a Tata 407. My bonnet was damaged and so was my trunk and rear bumper. I did not have an issue claiming insurance for all the damages.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:36   #4
BHPian

+1 to rrzen. I don't think there will be any problem for you in case of claiming the insurance.

As already said, if you are filing a FIR,mention all the damages caused to the car.If you leave something out,then the insurance guys can claim that the damage didn't occurred in the accident.

Last edited by jithudigitised : 23rd October 2009 at 14:38.
Old 24th October 2009, 09:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Why you say that this two side?
I can see one full side with fender and till bumper in the end.

Please give details that how accident occurred?
Old 24th October 2009, 17:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

The bumper was hit by an indigo last week and the other accident occured about a month back when the car was standing at a traffic signal, first a cycle rickshaw hit it and then an Indica, trying to avoid it, banged on to the fender.In ghaziabad.Thats what I was told by him.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:36   #7
BHPian

Therefore some kind of explanation has to be given for damage to left rear bumper, scratches on the side and the dent near the front right wheel. If the other party is not claiming damage then there is no requirement to make a FIR - but I believe if the explanationprovided for the 2 sided damage is authenticated by the FIR then the insurance guys should not have a problem passing the claim.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The bumper was hit by an indigo last week and the other accident occured about a month back when the car was standing at a traffic signal, first a cycle rickshaw hit it and then an Indica, trying to avoid it, banged on to the fender.In ghaziabad.Thats what I was told by him.
One of the option can be you tell insurance guy to go for two claim's together and he can give you the entire claim amount together. You might have to pay little higher amount as he will apply compulsory deductible (Rs. 500/- May be) two times.

Remember you have to request him to do this as this is in the hands of the surveyor. Try not to fight and get this done, because once he say's no for this then it would be very difficult to get it clear from insurance company.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks