Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 16:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

I think your car accident took place a month ago and still you are not clear that is your claim is payable under total loss or partial payment?

What is this going on?
Old 17th December 2009, 12:11   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

any updates on the getting the car fixed.

Please do keep us updated on the insurance claim as well.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:30   #48
BANNED

Well at 90kmph you sure are lucky to be in a FIAT .
From the looks of it it seems of you can talk to the dealer and FIAT asking them to check the chassis and show the insurance guys that is is beyond repair. Also the labour charges will be huge in this case.

Regards
Old 17th December 2009, 12:33   #49
BHPian

OMG, what a crash..Hope there wasnt any casualities.

Time and again FIAT cars proves it tank built capabilities. Sorry I am not trying to misuse this situation to vouch for FIAT ! This also reminds me of a LINEA accident that was worse than this one(came under a tipper lorry loaded with stones), but passengers didnt suffer any injuries !

Chassis damage, engine pushed back, wheels misaligned...try to work your way through for Total loss, repair wont restore to original condition !

Also please do us a favor, post your chassis and vin number here so that this car wont be sold as a lemon in future to some unfortunate soul.

I sincerely hope that you get the Total loss.

Last edited by s3va : 17th December 2009 at 12:40.
Old 21st December 2009, 09:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnibu View Post
They havnt yet updated the claim status. I will ring them tomorrow.. But i heard one news, that according to the availability of spares, the repair can take about 6 months. OH MY GOD.. IS THAT SO??
It's almost two months since you have updated the thread. Please update us.

Thank you.
Old 10th January 2010, 10:47   #51
BHPian

sorry about the lag.. but i was kind of desperate with the AS*. It took almost 2 and a half month to get the spares. The engine suffered no damage, so we are repairing it. I have to speak to the CEO to get the spares at last. They have started the repairs last week. Although i have to feel sorry to take a fiat, since if it was a maruti, the car would be running now, but without me... I could have injured badly. So no regrets with choosing fiat, and ofcourse the event gave me opportunity to enjoy public transport, my old pal, enfield, and reason for not going for many avoidable events like marriage, betrothal, bad movies ..... I think positive.. thats nice right?
Old 10th January 2010, 15:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

drnibu, when are you getting the car back ? I do agree that your chances would've been slimmer in another car in that segment in an accident.

How was the experience with the insurance company ?
Old 10th January 2010, 19:18   #53
BHPian

Deal with insurance company was neat. The as* took care of that. All i did was to sign some papers. Regarding when i am going to get him back, well! only time will solve that..
Old 11th January 2010, 09:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that things are in place now, I am happy for you.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:26   #55
BHPian

Now may be someone will be unhappy being a fiat owner, but not me.. even though the car is yet to be delivered, i am ok. Ofcourse it is sure that, if it was a maruti, then the car will be out in 2 to 4 weeks, and here it is 4 months.. Well, rf motors say that it is their first punto major accident and need to check each and every thing from a new car.. My goodness
Old 10th February 2010, 20:57   #56
BHPian

Actually all TASC's are playing it safe with the punto..

I had to visit the SC 3 times before they admitted there was a very micro alignment issue in my punto.. (the infamous left pulling issue)
Other wise they would simply keep the car for a day, wash her and say there is no problem found..

Later the adviser opened up and said, we really don't want to/avoid to change/fiddle with the factory settings of the punto.

I guess they still are not confident enough to alter the car's settings, like they are with the indica.. (from my experience).

But the current training sessions in pune for the advisor/mechanics going on may solve it..
Old 18th February 2010, 11:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey sir,

Any update on your claim? How much have you paid?
Old 6th March 2010, 01:10   #58
BHPian

They have told me that she will be ready by 6th or 8th of march. i am yet to get the bill. Anyway, the problem i face now is that, the as* are not taking the call from my phone. i dont know what they are afraid of. May be they are thinking like, i wont be happy if they are delivering it 4 or 5 days post the promised date. Ha! they are not thinking like, i have been waiting for past 4 months. 4 or 5 days lag wont hurt now, because i am immune to false promises. Thanks to tata, i gain more emotional stability now.. hehe
Old 15th March 2010, 16:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

I hope at-list now you have clarification on your claim.

Please share it with us.

My be OT () but from now on I am not suggesting any of my friend to go for Fiat's car. - My opinion.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:18   #60
BHPian

Still didnt get the car. Today i have lost my temper. Called the service superwiser named Mr. Biju Zacharias and asked the status. He told they are yet to get the wheel discs from fiat. I just cant believe it, they were not at a position to get a wheel disc in all theses 4 months. Asked him to tell the manager to contact me at about 11 am. At 2 I asked biju again. At 4 again i called biju and threatened that if i am not getting the car by tomorrow 5:30, i gonna s(crew)ue him. 10 mins later i got the call from the manager, mr sajith. He begged me literally to wait till thursday 5:30. The car was ok till today morning they noticed some difficulty with 1 and 2 gears. I asked him to get lost! and i gonna proceed further. Man! that was not anger, it was merely frustration! Anyway i have given him till thursday.. Waiting..
I wonder what a consumer gets in india.... Isnt there any law to help me with the hardships i have faced???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by bblost : 30th April 2010 at 16:07.

Most Viewed