Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 22:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnibu View Post
The insurance company is future generali. Also according to the Senior service officer in rf, fiat punto does not have a chasis, its the crash panel that is damaged. They are telling that they will replace the crash panels, and all.

Tell him that is why you want a total loss

Or ask fiat to give you a new car because they sold you one without a chasis
ROFLMAO
Old 9th November 2009, 10:47   #32
BHPian

According to the advisor in rf, insurance surveyor will be coming today. After his initial workup only, they will assess the damage to innerparts.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:40   #33
BHPian

The surveyor is your link to a brand new car,the chasis is gone,whatever they tell you,it won't drive the same way ever,now.

Get the surveyor,pay him 5 or 10 to get the total loss and push for a new car.
And why aren't they making the intimation/estimation of the costs involved?that can be made before the surveyor lands up.

Ask them to prepare the initial costs,and you post it here.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
The surveyor is your link to a brand new car,the chasis is gone,whatever they tell you,it won't drive the same way ever,now.

Get the surveyor,pay him 5 or 10 to get the total loss and push for a new car.
And why aren't they making the intimation/estimation of the costs involved?that can be made before the surveyor lands up.

Ask them to prepare the initial costs,and you post it here.
You are giving the wrong advice sirji.

This is not the right way!!! I will tell you to go to the service center and ask them to do there job nicely so that the car run's in the good condition. If it is proven that you have done any mischief with the car for getting the higher claim then let me tell you very clearly your claim will not be payable.

Remember one thing your surveyor will might not even know this and may pay you the total loss but "uppar wala dekh raha hai."
Old 11th November 2009, 21:29   #35
BHPian

I have contacted the insurance surveyor. He is almost favourable for a total loss, but he needs more snaps, especially from under the car. I have contacted the service and asked for the same..
Old 13th November 2009, 12:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

So friend,

Any update on the surveyor or your claim?
Old 13th November 2009, 12:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

drnibu, sorry to hear about that accident and your car as well.Good to see that no one was injured but the punto.As all have said, let the surveyior get you full loss and hope to see the car back in your hands.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:30   #38
BHPian

I have called the surveyor yesterday. He said, he is yet to comment since he need some under body shots as well, and he have contacted rf many times for the same. I called one mr.sajith from rf and his reply was very interesting. Since the car is in the yard, he is waiting for some cranes to pop up. What does he mean? Its almost 2 weeks, and they havent finished modelling yet? Also seems i have to arrange for the crane as well? Same old tata... May be by today they will be finishing the shots i hope.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have called the surveyor yesterday. He said, he is yet to comment since he need some under body shots as well, and he have contacted rf many times for the same. I called one mr.sajith from rf and his reply was very interesting. Since the car is in the yard, he is waiting for some cranes to pop up. What does he mean? Its almost 2 weeks, and they havent finished modelling yet? Also seems i have to arrange for the crane as well? Same old tata... May be by today they will be finishing the shots i hope.
Your condition is very bad, but stay calm, that's only thing I can advice on this moment.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:03   #40
BHPian

Keep in touch with the surveyor, especially when he is tilted towards you claiming total loss. Keep him in good spirit and get the required pictures and anything he needs asap, and make sure the RF motors do not try changing his mind.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

Total loss is the way to go. The front end is a write off. That chassis is no good for anything. Don't even think of repairing it unless they can get you a new chassis. But even then, it's better to go in for a new car. Repairs will never match the fit and finish of a brand new one, let alone an accidet damaged piece.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sirji any update on your claim?

How they are processing your claim now? Do you have any update?
Old 24th November 2009, 00:32   #43
BHPian

They havnt yet updated the claim status. I will ring them tomorrow.. But i heard one news, that according to the availability of spares, the repair can take about 6 months. OH MY GOD.. IS THAT SO??
Old 24th November 2009, 09:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

drnibu, if the car goes for repair instead of total of loss get in touch with with Mangesh and others from Fiat to expedite the process and the parts procurement. 6 months is way too long, I don't think it should take that long.
Old 24th November 2009, 09:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They havnt yet updated the claim status. I will ring them tomorrow.. But i heard one news, that according to the availability of spares, the repair can take about 6 months. OH MY GOD.. IS THAT SO??
I think this is too much "6 Months!!!"
Who told you this thing? Dealer or someone else? This is FIAT, is that the reason for this delay?

Most Viewed