Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 17:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda launches 'Honda Assure' Insurance Program

Hi all,
I will be getting delivery of my Jazz this week and need to arrange for cash.
While going thru the invoice prepared by my dealer, i found out that the insurance premium quote was 2k additional than what it was 4 months earlier while booking the vehicle.
At the time of booking the premium was quoted at Rs. 18670 and its now Rs. 20575. On enquiring with the SA he informed that the rates were hiked recently and that is why the difference.
Is anyone aware of any such rate hike?

Also, sensing something fishy i did my own research and figured out that i i were to buy insurance online (A 0 dep cover) from either TATA or Royal Sundaram (my current cars insurance is with RC) then the premium being charged is as low as Rs. 16000

I would appreciate if anyone could throw light on what is the difference between a Honda Assure and any online cashless, zero dep insurance policy?
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:15   #47
BHPian

Time to revive a one-yr old thread..

Has anyone else taken Honda Assure recently? I have only one contact number from them - 1800-2666-2666 - which doesn't work! How to contact these folks?

Also, I have a ICICI Lombard policy through Honda Assure. I contacted ICICI Lombard guys directly (their number is surprisingly similar - 1800-2666), but those guys didn't recognize my policy number. I think that's sensible, as it's actually Honda Assure's policy. What to do now?

I must say, this is not an emergency. This is just me preparing myself for an emergency. Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 18:39   #48
BHPian

Honda Assure is good, just more premium -would advise reality check on the advantage vs. premium.

ICICI Lombard -stay away if independent, would advise to switch even if you are opting for Honda Assure.

I renewed with TATA AIG 0 Deprecietion "Perl" plan for consecutive 2 year.
Old 25th June 2012, 09:39   #49
BHPian

@RemingtonSteele - I don't think you read my post at all.

I'm not asking for policy comparison or advice. I want to know how to contact them. Their number isn't working
Old 25th June 2012, 22:55   #50
BHPian

Sorry -with the word "revive" in your post I thought about "renew"al. Anyway wanted to make you aware on the ICICI-Lombard pitfall so posted. Thanks for briniging it to my notice.

Anyway, keep the Honda Customer Care & Road Side assistance numbers handy
Honda Customer Care - 1800 113 121 / 011 39898918
Honda Road Side assistance 1800 103 3121

All the above and all the Honda Dealers are seemlessly supposed to honour Honda Assure policy -Thats why they command Premium for.
Old 26th June 2012, 18:54   #51
BHPian

I see. Thanks for you reply.

I'm aware of the RSA numbers, but I wanted to confirm if there's a way I can reach the Honda Assure folks directly. The dealership people also have no idea.

Either way, today I realized that the 1800 number works from landline - just doesn't work from mobile. (a little inconvinient, but okay). So, let this info be saved here that if you cannot reach them from your cell phone, just use a landline
Old 25th September 2012, 12:37   #52
BHPian

I booked my Honda Brio last week and am expecting delivery by mid Oct. I have a query regarding Insurance.

Capital Honda (OMR, Chennai) is offering me a 20k discount on Insurance. It is a Honda Assure comprehensive insurance. When I asked for a bumper to bumper insurance, they said it would cost 6k extra and that I would have to bear the extra 6k.

Is 26k too high for B2B insurance for a Honda Brio?

Berkshire Insurance called me and offered Bajaj Allianz (apparently they're authorized/licensed to sell BA insurance in India) bumper to bumper (zero dep) for 21k.

Apparently Bajaj Allianz has RSA, tie up with 2500 garages, free towing, cashless etc. If that is the case, I would refuse Honda RSA and save some $$$ which I can use to buy more accessories.

Now I'm confused.

Is Honda Assure worth the extra money? Or should I dump it to get Bajaj Allianz? I don't mind paying extra for Honda Assure if it is going to be a better service (read hassle free) in terms of claims.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
I booked my Honda Brio last week and am expecting delivery by mid Oct. I have a query regarding Insurance.
The best way to go about is chuck the insurance discount offered by dealers which is generally higher than that available in market and get the Insurance equivalent discount in terms of cash. I would suggest you approach the nearest Honda workshop and get an idea with which Insurers do they have tie up for cashless claims and then approach the Insurers directly thru their website to get an Insurance quote. This way it works relatively cheaper, only grouse is you will have to pay the Insurance yourselves.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 12:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This way it works relatively cheaper, only grouse is you will have to pay the Insurance yourselves.
Thanks for the reply. If I have to make a claim at a Honda workshop, would I be at an advantage if I use Honda Assure or any other insurance (let's assume that it is also cashless). In other words, would I be accorded better service if it is Honda Assure?
Old 25th September 2012, 13:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
If I have to make a claim at a Honda workshop, would I be at an advantage if I use Honda Assure or any other insurance (let's assume that it is also cashless). In other words, would I be accorded better service if it is Honda Assure?
The service would be same if it were from outside or from Honda Assure. I dont expect Honda to give you royal treatment in case of any claim and neither will they offer hefty discounts on the repairs. I doubt if Honda workshops would honour only claims from Honda Assure program and not from outside.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:56   #56
BHPian

I don't expect a royal treatment either. Was just wondering if both methods are hassle free. Will ask around. And they do honour other insurance too.

Thanks!
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:39   #57
BHPian

It is time for me to renew insurance for the car. I've been with Bajaj Allianz and have "Drive Assure", which is similar to Honda Assure. This has Engine Protector, which is supposedly not available with Honda Assure. I would like to know if anybody has really used Drive Assure and what is the feedback?

One of the drawbacks is that, Bajaj Allianz does not have tie up with all Honda dealers/service stations. In Pune, they have tie up with Crystal Honda, but not Deccan Honda. I've asked for a list of affiliated service stations in Mumbai.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Drive Assure- Benifit conditions Part 2.pdf (200.1 KB, 1013 views)

Last edited by sa_kiran : 3rd January 2013 at 14:40.
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

My CRV is completing its 5 years in March, and I want a Zero Dep cover for it. Does anyone know if Honda Assure / Any other company will offer the same ?
Old 16th February 2013, 12:42   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
My CRV is completing its 5 years in March, and I want a Zero Dep cover for it. Does anyone know if Honda Assure / Any other company will offer the same ?
Honda Assure does not provide zero dep beyond 5 years of vehicle age. My Brio completes 1 year in March and I was actually looking for alternatives to Honda Assure with zero dep.

I was looking for online option as they turn out to be cheaper. One such insurance provider I came across was Bharati Axa which gives you the option to go for zero dep even for online policies. I couldn't see the zero dep option with Bajaj Allianz for some reason although Honda Assure is essentially Bajaj Allianz.

One thing to note though is the "voluntary deductible". The premium is inversely proportional to the it.

However, in case of a claim, the claimant needs to pay the amount declared as voluntary deductible. So, I prefer to keep it at zero even if it increases the premium by a grand.

Hope that helps.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:36   #60
BHPian

I'm in process of hunting for insurance as my 1yr old City VAT is about to expire. The Honda Assure guys have sent me this "Key Differentiator" pdf. My question for everyone is - Would there be any difference between no-dep policy from Honda Assure and no-dep policy from TATA AIG (the Pearl one, with zero dep and key replacement and what not!)

Also, the Honda Assure guys are offering a "Return to Invoice Value" policy for ~2k extra. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Key Differentiators-Honda Assure.pdf (99.5 KB, 7209 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks