Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 13:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda launches 'Honda Assure' Insurance Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
Would there be any difference between no-dep policy from Honda Assure and no-dep policy from TATA AIG (the Pearl one, with zero dep and key replacement and what not!)
Also, the Honda Assure guys are offering a "Return to Invoice Value" policy for ~2k extra. Does anyone have any experience with that?
In regards to zero dep add on, it depends on what is covered & not covered any any other conditions applicable, If its same for Honda Assure & other Insurers then you can make a choice to continue with Honda Assure. Return to Invoice value is helpful incase you car is totalled or stolen, how effective - yet to read about the effectiveness from owners on the forum. Also Honda's claim of providing zero dep for 5 years is now being given by many Insurance co such as Bharti Axa, Bajaj etc. The only advantage is the bumper repair where you can save 20% during claims.

If Honda Assure's premium is lesses atleast by 2K or more then it is worthwhile to stay with them or else there are good competitors who can offer better price. I find the Honda's claim of self surveying for claims less than 20K surprising.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:40   #62
BHPian

Thanks ghodlur. That explanation helps a lot. I think that once you choose zero-dep, then most policies are very similar in their premium amount (at least that's what I've got till now, within ~500bucks of each other).

I actually like the return to invoice option, because it generates a possible 2L difference for just 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If Honda Assure's premium is lesses atleast by 2K or more then it is worthwhile to stay with them or else there are good competitors who can offer better price.
I didn't quite understand this line. Do you want Honda Assure premium to be atleast 2k lower than other policy's premiums? Why do you want Honda Assure to be atleast 2K lesser to be worthwhile? Same price should be worthwhile anyway, right? Thanks again!
Old 20th May 2014, 20:25   #63

i am planning to buy a honda city. the showroom guys are quoting 28500 for insurance and honda assure, while outside tata aig is giving me for 21000. Now is it possible to go in for insurance from out side and take Honda assure..i am confused and the Hinda guy could not explain the Honda assure program to me as i am from north India and he is from Tamil Nadu where i am presently, some communication gap along with his not so good communication skills. can someone please guide. don't mind spending a little extra on the Honda assure but does it really have the definite advantage ???
Old 31st March 2015, 11:46   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

In the process of renewing my Civic's insurance, I got to know that any insurance policy which is not bought through Honda Assure plan is not cashless. Even though insurers like ICICI Lombard state on their website that my preferred Honda garage is in their cashless tie-up list, but I got clarified from the same Honda garage in clear words that the claim will be cashless only if the policy is bought under the Honda Assure plan with any insurer of their choice. Very strange!
Old 16th June 2015, 17:42   #65
BHPian

Dear BHPians,
I am trying to renew my insurance from Honda assure. However before I do so i am trying to get an online quote. The website www.hondaassure.in directly takes me to a log in page asking for a username and password (which I do not have). Now i am not sure how i can check my quote online for Honda assure. I can get a quote with the partner websites like Bajaj Allianz, but will this be treated as a honda assuure policy. I guess no.
The insurance lady at my local HASS is not very comfortable with English/Hindi and is not able to provide all clarifications (I am not doubting her knowledge, but not sure if she is able to communicate properly).
Can anyone let me know how we can get an online quote for Honda assure?
Alternatively if anyone did renew their insurance with Honda assure recently please can you let me know what was the quote? My ride is City VX diesel.
Old 28th May 2016, 17:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Honda assure zero dep policy for my Mobilio is quoted at ₹33,200. Online I'm getting it for 18k. Which should I go for? Also comprehensive insurance for first year was 26k with IDV of 11l, but this year it is 26k with IDV of 8l. Am I being scammed?
Old 31st May 2016, 09:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Honda assure zero dep policy for my Mobilio is quoted at ₹33,200. Online I'm getting it for 18k. Which should I go for? Also comprehensive insurance for first year was 26k with IDV of 11l, but this year it is 26k with IDV of 8l. Am I being scammed?
Did you make a claim in the first year? If not, check if you received the no claim bonus.
Also, what was the zero dep quote for the first year? Is there a similar issue with zero dep quote as well?
Going through the quote clearly with your advisor or person from HA might give some clues. Could also be a typo from them.

In any case, always go through the quote (and the accompanying T's & C's) with a fine-tooth comb. You never know what's being included and what isn't.
Old 31st May 2016, 12:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

First year was comprehensive. I had a claim so no zero dep. I ended up paying >30% of the claim amount so changed to zero dep. I've paid last night as they were putting too much pressure. They have increased the third party amount. This is because of a lot of fraudulent third party claims.
Old 15th July 2016, 12:37   #69

On the question of Honda Assure or not, We need to understand the probability of a need to claim over hassles of a non-cashless. For a usual city driving I don't think high premium of Honda Assure is justified for that'just in case' scenario. Moreover I am not sure of the legality of practice where Honda Assure(read Honda dealers) takes advantage of a monopoly it has created by denying cashless for other insurers thereby minting money by charging so high.
Old 4th March 2017, 16:28   #70
BHPian

I have a 2015 Honda city VX ivtec. Last year I had a claim. This year the premium quoted is 31000 for Honda assure for zero-dep. IDV is 750000. Is it worth spending this high amount? I see other insurance companies charging much less.
Old 28th September 2017, 16:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

It sucks how Honda is trying to armtwist its customers by pushing Honda Assure down their throats. Their A.S.S. centers do not do cashless (or co-ordination) in case of a claim for any other insurance than the one done through Honda Assure. A quick check on coverfox shows that I can easily get comprehensive insurance from other providers for about 60% the cost of Honda Assure's renewal quote, and a zero dep at nearly 90% of the cost.
Wondering if I should overpay for that "just-in-case" scenario or go for an outside insurance.
Old 29th September 2017, 17:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Non Honda Assure insurance doesn't get cashless claim. Plus you have to do the running around to get the inspection done and claim process.
Better go for Honda Assure rather than outside even at 50% cost. Peace of mind more important.
Old 30th September 2017, 19:19   #73
BHPian

Frustrated with the supposedly illegal practice of Honda of denying cashless options for insurance done from outside. I'll need to renew my insurance next week and Honda has given me a quote of approx 14k while other insurers enquired through web portals are offering at 9-11k even without any negotiations. Even zero depreciation premium is less than 14k for any insurer.

Honda seems to be taking undue advantage of people's propensity these days to reduce hassles.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 12:56   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Frustrated with the supposedly illegal practice of Honda of denying cashless options for insurance done from outside. I'll need to renew my insurance next week and Honda has given me a quote of approx 14k while other insurers enquired through web portals are offering at 9-11k even without any negotiations. Even zero depreciation premium is less than 14k for any insurer.

Honda seems to be taking undue advantage of people's propensity these days to reduce hassles.
Ask the Honda dealer/workshop to match the quotes received from other Insurers. If they are still stiff ask them to give in writing about denial. Parallelly, write to Honda management regarding the high handedness of the dealer when it comes to cashless repairs. Show them this IRDA issued guidelines.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...insurance.html
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 22:54   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Ask the Honda dealer/workshop to match the quotes received from other Insurers. If they are still stiff ask them to give in writing about denial. Parallelly, write to Honda management regarding the high handedness of the dealer when it comes to cashless repairs. Show them this IRDA issued guidelines.
Thank you for the information and starting an insightful thread . Will be much helpful for ignorant folks like us.

Wish I could read this a few hours ago as I just renewed my insurance today through the dealer itself. They were kind of adamant about the cashless benefits, which made me go through with them. Did manage to get 400 rupees off on the total premium plus a 1000 rupees service coupon after some traditional Indian bargaining.

Loading the weapon for next year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks