Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 21:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Car Registration-Incidental Expenses-Are we abetting corruption ? Lets stop it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
To make things even more awesome here is the link to the cost of various special/ViP nos (Link).
Fantastic. I will surely check this out too.

Quote:
Regarding the address proof, you need to be resident of the Kalamboli-Panvel area for the car to be registered at that address. Whereas there are other ways of doing so for which it seems the dealer is asking additional Rs. 12000. I would suggest go over to the RTO and inquire about the documents required and they would be more than helpful.
My address is in Kharghar and I do not need "other ways of doing it". It is just that the dealer sees that I am saving some money and wants a share of that too.

I will make some calls and find out which RTO has jurisdiction. It has to be Panvel or Vashi. Most probably, it will be Panvel. I am sure they will be more than willing to help.

Quote:
After you are done with it, call the SA tell him that you are very well aware of all the charges and don't want to be fleeced. If they ask for around 5to 6K extra its fine otherwise you could get an agent outside the RTO to get the job done which would still cost less than what the dealer would ask.
It will be best if I simply inform them that I can get both the insurance and registration done on my own. I do not want to go into the details with them because they will continue to play some mischief or the other. They just have to issue an invoice showing the discount amount and then I can sort it out with the RTO guys.

Quote:
Even still dealer doesn't listen just tell him I will cancel my booking and purchase from other dealer, that would be enough for him to come to terms.
Well, I am talking with them and doing research at the same time. The car has not been booked. So no deposit and no refund ;) :)

Quote:
Otherwise you still have City at your disposal which will easily serve you another 10 yrs.
Another 10 years! I hope you were kidding! lol. It was possible to find out all the information since I was not in a rush to book it and take it home. I even found out that the ex-show room price on their website is about 20K lower than in their quotation. All this is going to save me at least 50 - 55K.

While ignorance is bliss; knowledge, information and patience saves money.
Old 14th May 2013, 08:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to register a new car on your own - Bangalore

Hi,

This question has always left me wondering: The registration fee is the "X" percentage of the ex-showroom value. If the dealer offers a discount, the "X" showroom value goes down. Does this not mean the registration fee will be based on the discounted ex-showroom value? Please correct me if am wrong. Else I feel the dealers are making up for their discounts on this.

Nitin
Old 25th June 2013, 17:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

I was browsing the RTO website today and found a new option, online registration of new vehicle, clicking on the link I found there is a list of activties which can be done online including registering a new vehicle so thought of sharing with fellow members.

http://164.100.80.164/vow/?AspxAutoD...ookieSupport=1
Attached Thumbnails
How to register a new car on your own - Bangalore-rto.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 25th June 2013 at 17:29.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 17:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I was browsing the RTO website today and found a new option, online registration of new vehicle, clicking on the link I found there is a list of activties which can be done online including registering a new vehicle so thought of sharing with fellow members.

http://164.100.80.164/vow/?AspxAutoD...ookieSupport=1
Even i was surprised to see online registration when i checked last week. But some of the new vehicles are not listed. Will try this out for registering my new bike after a couple of months.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:47   #50
BHPian

I will be taking delivery of my Figo this weekend. I am trying to find the current number series running in the RTO. Can someone help me with the link?
Old 25th July 2013, 16:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I will be taking delivery of my Figo this weekend. I am trying to find the current number series running in the RTO. Can someone help me with the link?
Just ask the dealer's RTO agent. The sales advisor should be able to help you get in touch with him.

Alternatively, hang around the dealership in the evenings, when most deliveries are happening, and observe the registration numbers of the cars being delivered.

Any particular reason you want to know?

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 25th July 2013 at 16:43.
Old 9th December 2014, 19:28   #52
BHPian

Has anyone registered their vehicles using the Karnataka RTO link?
What are the actual charges for
a) Temporary Registration
b) Permanent Registration (excluding the Road tax DD amount)

Fiat/Hyundai are charging 8000/- as handling charges .
VW goes a step further and charges ~7k under "Road Tax and registration charges"

According to Fiat, even a temp registration will be charged 1000/-

Also, how do we specify the colour of the car? The web application does not allow "Tuscan Wine" . I had to try with "Maroon" instead.
Old 9th September 2017, 22:59   #53
BHPian

It has been sometime, has anyone tried registering using the Online Registration tool?

http://164.100.80.164/vow/
Old 31st May 2021, 17:55   #54
BHPian

Hello All,

Are new vehicle registrations happening online during the lockdown in Karnataka. Is there such a facility?

Also can we preselect a number online and see the cost of the number?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Most Viewed