Team-BHP - National Insurance Claim Help!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   National Insurance Claim Help! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/70200-national-insurance-claim-help.html)

BHPians,

I recently met with a freak accident of a tree falling over my car while I was driving and I was lucky enough come out of the car without a scratch.

But, the rear portion of the car is beyond recognition and the estimation is over 3 Lakhs. The vehicle is a Zen Estilo almost 3 years old with IDV of 2.4 Lakhs. We are in process of getting it declared a scrap!

I am processing the insurance claims. As a part of the claims, original copies of all documents are required. Of which, I am unable to find my original Driving License. I have the color laminated copies of my license though! The insurance is a Maruti tie-up with the logos on the National Insurance certificate.

What are the options for me! I have taken my DL from a different district and the process of getting a duplicate DL from the RTO might prove costly with time & money I have to pay the dealer.

Neeed your urgent advice on this here! PLease.

Thanks in advance...

Arun

Original DL is usually required for verification but a colour lamnated copy along with a decent rapport with Works Manager at MASS could let you off the hook.

Basically, DL is checked only by the surveyor from insurance company who generally have cordial relations with Works Managers of Service centres due to frequency of work. The head office or the claims department only get a photocopy of the DL which is fine as long as you have one.

So, talk to the works manager and he should be able to sort it out. Be a little cordial and thankful to the person and who knows, everything works out okay.

Hoping for the best!

Akhil

Anachronix, you need to cosy with the surveyor who is assigned to this one. There is no other go.

Was this the car that made TOI a few days ago? The tree fell somewhere in Ayanavaram if I am not mistaken. I could not even recognize the Estilo shape in the picture. Glad to know you got out without a scratch.

Hmm... I will speak to the MASS manager again and see how it can be worked out!

@ Gilead, you are rite! I was driving that Estilo and it was a miracle to see myself come out without a scratch!

Hi Arun

Good to note that you escaped the accident

Thank your gods, pl enjoy your second life

But I think you have a option of giving someone else DL in your family also, tell them that, other person was driving the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1601129)
Anachronix, you need to cosy with the surveyor who is assigned to this one. There is no other go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 1603411)
But I think you have a option of giving someone else DL in your family also, tell them that, other person was driving the car.

Please do not take such steps. Not straight forward and you may end up in trouble if you are found out.

Go to the RTO where your license was issued and get a duplicate license. you can get the same thru' an agent if you do not have time for a nominal fee of less than 500 Rs. You may need to file an FIR for lost/misplaced DL for the same in a police station.

Folks,

Thanks a lot for your support, I was lucky enough to find my original DL.

Found it today morning only :D!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 1603443)
Please do not take such steps. Not straight forward and you may end up in trouble if you are found out.

Hey friend this is not illegal - I think. You can do this and that OK!!!

When ever you want to make a claim you can give DL of any of your family member and still your claim will not have any problem. I normally never give my DL in case of a claim but as my Dady is not using his DL any more so I use his DL. Till date none of my claim's have been stopped for payment from insurer.