Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 14:31   #1
BHPian

Issue with Maruti insurance

Hi all
Recently i found some discrepancy with Maruti insurance.
My insurance was about to expire and so i got call from dealer, they asked me to renew it by paying 7050.
I tried paying it online at marutiinsurance website. The insurance is of IFFCO TOKIO GENERAL INSURANCE. While i was about to pay it online i thought of verifying the amount on IFCO TOKIO website.
To my surprise the amount that was calculate was 6153.
I was shocked to see the difference.
Can anyone let me know if this difference is genuine or not.
As per Maruti they say that they do not charge anything extra.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

This difference is because of dealer offering you less discount and Iffco giving you more discount.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Search around with other insurance companies and you might get better deals. Usually at the dealerships you gotto haggle with fellas there for a good deal. I hope you have read about the NCB(no claims bonus) article on the forum

If you haven't claimed insurance in the past year, you are entitled for a further discount too.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:11   #4
BHPian

hi there!

dear pragya.check out policybazar.com for about 10-12 companies giving you deals on car insurance. they give you quotes too. The surveyor comes to your house to see the car and the cover note get sent to you by mail as well as post. i recently renewed my SX4's insurance from bajaj allianz through the website and got a good deal.

you may have to fax them the existing insurance in order to get benefits on ARAI approved anti theft systems etc,.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:58   #5
BHPian

Maruti Insurance is better and it is offered from other providers as well, e.g. my WagonR one is from United India...

Please try negotiating with your/ other dealers for a reduced quote on Maruti Insurance, will work out better than third party.. I have had a couple of minor accident jobs done so I guess I can speak with some authority on this!
Old 6th December 2009, 03:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes there is a premium - BUT Maruti insurance is by far the most hassle free and no-nonsense claims. plus it works cashless on all the BEST workshops in the city.

I tried reliance's list (7800 quoted vs 10800 I paid to Maruti) - they had the cashless facility at shady level 2 dealers at max. it is insurance - DONT count the pennies and end up pound foolish.
Old 8th December 2009, 09:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
policybazar.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Maruti Insurance
Costly options I will advice going to company will save money rather then these options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
DONT count the pennies and end up pound foolish.
Good one I like this one.
Old 24th December 2009, 14:43   #8
BHPian

Thanks to all.
I am going with the Maruti insurance only. I tried negotiating with dealer and now i am getting 2 vouchers of 500 each which i can used for car wash, wheel alignment etc. They say that they will give some more discount if possible. Today i will be going for it. Will try negotiating of giving one more voucher
Old 29th December 2009, 09:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

As far as the things go on, there is no problem with any insurance. The problem arises once we enter into major or minor accidents and claim. My driver had an accident with my indica. It was repaired in the TASS. The charges were 48000. The claim hassles with them were too much. Visited more than 3 or four times. Visited the surveyor and also again took the car to the surveyor after repair. After all these hassles I got the claim after 2 months after visiting the New India Insurance office personally and the claim received was 28000. In comparison with all these troubles and expenditure a 1000 excess is no matter. Now with my Ritz accident MSM did everything and I am supposed to take the delivery only. Here just I cashed out nothing and at delivery I may spend a sum of maximum 1500. That's all here comes the Maruti Insurance. The fun is that both my cars were insured with New India one was direct and the other was through Maruti.

Last edited by navan49 : 29th December 2009 at 09:41.
Old 31st December 2009, 23:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

I did not count the money but went with Maruti Insurance and had hassle free cashless claim for 13k. Where as I paid only Rs.1000 on delivery of the car. So better go with the company Insurance rather than the direct Insurance.

Last edited by navan49 : 31st December 2009 at 23:50.
Old 1st January 2010, 00:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I don't think this is a very accurate statement. If it works like this then all those claims about cashless claims, etc., mean nothing. I guess you had a bad experience because your insurare was a PSU; and the policy was not cashless.

Somebody with personal experience would be able to make a better statement though...

Last edited by Raccoon : 1st January 2010 at 00:20.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ I don't think this is a very accurate statement. If it works like this then all those claims about cashless claims, etc., mean nothing. I guess you had a bad experience because your insurare was a PSU; and the policy was not cashless.

Somebody with personal experience would be able to make a better statement though...
Agree with you.

If you have cash less and if you don't have cashless that's a big difference these day's. If you have cashless then the garage owner will do that expense only which is approved by the surveyor and the labor expense also will have a limit but if you don't have a cashless then there is no such check on them.
Old 1st January 2010, 15:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi friends,

As far as the things go on, there is no problem with any insurance. The problem arises once we enter into major or minor accidents and claim. My driver had an accident with my indica. It was repaired in the TASS. The charges were 48000. The claim hassles with them were too much. Visited more than 3 or four times. Visited the surveyor and also again took the car to the surveyor after repair. After all these hassles I got the claim after 2 months after visiting the New India Insurance office personally and the claim received was 28000. In comparison with all these troubles and expenditure a 1000 excess is no matter. Now with my Ritz accident MSM did everything and I am supposed to take the delivery only. Here just I cashed out nothing and at delivery I may spend a sum of maximum 1500. That's all here comes the Maruti Insurance. The fun is that both my cars were insured with New India one was direct and the other was through Maruti.
Also, was this Rs. 28,000 claim amount in accordance with the prescribed depreciation rate of the respective parts? You gotta know the break up!
Old 1st January 2010, 15:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

It is all about
  1. the IDV(Insured Value) of the car on which the Own Damage Basic premium is calculated and
  2. the No Claim Bonus(this will be the same irrespective of whom one goes to)
  3. The third party component(again the same for the same terms)
Point No.1 makes the BIG difference.

Also in my opinion, all these vouchers are humbug;quality does not come free.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

My wagonR insurance is due for renewal. Interestingly, for the same IDV two dealers are giving quotes which are Rs. 80 apart. However, the costly one(motocraft) is offering 20 % labour charge discount on next service, Ganesha idol and Perfume.
Considering that i will be servicing my car from Motocraft only, i am taking the this offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks