Team-BHP - getting a car re-registered even if its loan is pending
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   getting a car re-registered even if its loan is pending (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/7232-getting-car-re-registered-even-if-its-loan-pending.html)

Hi Guys,
currently i own a Xing in bangalore. I have taken a car loan also. I wanted to know that if i shift to noida, can i get the car re-registered there even if the loan is pending. The reason that i am asking this is that the car RC will have a hypothication stamp which is normally cut when we repay the loan and the bank gives NOC.

Of Course you can get it transferred, and the hypothecation will remain on the new RC book too.

Just call up your financing bank and they will give you the required letter for such a transfer.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Of Course you can get it transferred, and the hypothecation will remain on the new RC book too.

GTO

Thats great. Thanks a lotttttttttttt.

yes u can get it transferred,

I will be shifting my Euro 2 car from bangalore to delhi where Euro 3 norms are valid. Somebody from RTO told me that legally I won't be able to get my car re-registered in noida. I will have to pay Rs 4000 as bribe to get the job done.
Also, can somebody pleaseeeeeeeee let me know about the procedure for obtaining the NOC from the Bangalore RTO. Will some agent do the job and normally how much money do they charge.

Once I tried to get a TamilNadu registered car transferred to Karnataka & left it half way. I got a NOC attested in the RC book from Tamilnadu RTO & sent it to Karnataka for reregistration. We were told to pay a tax of Rs.50k as tax & it would take 1-2 months to get this job done.

We left it halfway & got the NOC cancelled from the book.

Hence check out the amount that you need to shed in net before you initiate the process though it is different to get from their mouth

The tax that i will have to pay in noida is Rs6000 only. An someone told me that once i get the car re-registered in noida, i can refund a part of road tax payed in bangalore. I am really scared of dealing with 2 RTOs .. :-(

yes,,,, u ought to be scared of dealing with not just 2 RTOs,, but any 2 Government Agencies! as dealing with one itself is a pain in the @$$! but then, they have u bound so good, u cant escape dealing with them!~:)

about re-registration, as all said, it can be done.
but i had wanted to do something which they didnt allow! i wanted to convert the rego to a TAXI plate, and then BACK to private plate, but they didnt allow that! buggerz!@

Hello All,
I own a Fiat Petra June,2004 model.The car has MH12 registration.
I have now decided to send this car to my hometown in TamilNadu.The car would be used by my parents.I need information on the procedures to follow for re-registering the car in Tamilnadu.This is the info I have collected so far.Please let me know if there is something missing or wrong.
1>We have to pay Entry tax.I read in TN Govt website that if the vehicle is more than 18 months old,we neednt pay it.
2>Life tax has to be paid again in TN.It seems it would be around 4.5 % of the vehicle invoice cost.
3>We need to furnish NOC and Vehicle fitness certificate from original RTO and also from financier if the vehicle has been hypotheticated.

Are all the above details correct.In addition to this what happens to the Life tax paid in Maharashtra.Will I be able to get a refund of that.If yes,how much % would that be.

If anyone has already done this process succesfuly,please share your experience.

Regards,
Jeyaraj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sush (Post 111726)
Hi Guys,
currently i own a Xing in bangalore. I have taken a car loan also. I wanted to know that if i shift to noida, can i get the car re-registered there even if the loan is pending. The reason that i am asking this is that the car RC will have a hypothication stamp which is normally cut when we repay the loan and the bank gives NOC.

How long are you planning to stay in Noida? If couple of year then I think you can drive the car with KA registration. You can avoid the transfer hassle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo (Post 607765)
How long are you planning to stay in Noida? If couple of year then I think you can drive the car with KA registration. You can avoid the transfer hassle.

Ohhhh! You replied for a post 2 years old!!

Bumping up this thread.

My brother is shifting to Bangalore from Chennai some time during the end of this month. He has a car which is hypothecated to a bank here from which he has taken the loan.

The Chennai RTO requires an NOC from the bank before issuing an NOC themselves. But the bank is refusing to provide the NOC saying that this is the first case of something like this happening (transfering when under hypothecation) which I find hard to believe.

Is there something which can be done here? Or is the bank right in refusing to provide an NOC? When asked for alternatives, they are asking to foreclose the loan and then get NOC :eek:

Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated. Thanks.