Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 00:04   #46
BANNED

Rupesh, thanks for coming up for an issue like this. after ICICI i felt humanity does not exist but everyone commenting here has been an angel to me!
i could not reply to this thread earlier as i am in office.

Date of Accident: 31/12/09
Time of Accident: 04:00 AM
Place of Accident: Bhangel, NOIDA
Date on which you have taken the car to garage: 31/12/09, 11:00 AM

Short description of loss: (Same as what you have written in the Claim form. If you have written.)

As per the claim form - Due to dense fog, the car first hit another car from the front side and then hit a divider

Description - I usually leave my office by 4 AM in the morning, i left the NSEZ campus and took the main road where it was a little foggy. The road is usually empty this time and the only vehicles on the road are office cabs or heavy commercial vehicles. After a little while, the fog densed up and before i could slow down i hit a indica which had hit the center divider and then the divider. the divider is full concrete and is about 4 feet high and 3 feet wide. the approx. speed at that time would be 40-50 kmph

The damage to my eye appeared to be the bumper on fog lamps only. the workshop however told be that a leg is bent and we would know the actual damages only after taking out the engine.

at this very moment i stepped out of the office and the visibilty is less than 3 meters!

Last edited by saintsinner : 7th January 2010 at 00:05.
Old 7th January 2010, 09:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
+1 to that.
Rupesh, hats off to you for your sincere contributions.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Rupesh, thanks for coming up for an issue like this. after ICICI i felt humanity does not exist but everyone commenting here has been an angel to me!
i could not reply to this thread earlier as i am in office.

Date of Accident: 31/12/09
Time of Accident: 04:00 AM
Place of Accident: Bhangel, NOIDA
Date on which you have taken the car to garage: 31/12/09, 11:00 AM

Short description of loss: (Same as what you have written in the Claim form. If you have written.)

As per the claim form - Due to dense fog, the car first hit another car from the front side and then hit a divider

Description - I usually leave my office by 4 AM in the morning, i left the NSEZ campus and took the main road where it was a little foggy. The road is usually empty this time and the only vehicles on the road are office cabs or heavy commercial vehicles. After a little while, the fog densed up and before i could slow down i hit a indica which had hit the center divider and then the divider. the divider is full concrete and is about 4 feet high and 3 feet wide. the approx. speed at that time would be 40-50 kmph

The damage to my eye appeared to be the bumper on fog lamps only. the workshop however told be that a leg is bent and we would know the actual damages only after taking out the engine.

at this very moment i stepped out of the office and the visibilty is less than 3 meters!
First option what I can see is, you can ask Insurance company to change the surveyor. If insured (you) is not satisfy with the survey he can ask the insurer (Icici) to change the surveyor. - Remember this is your right under motor insurance policy.

For doing this you need to visit the office from which the policy is issued (Address must be written in the policy paper.) and meet the branch manger or claims manager who may be sitting in the branch and explain him that why you need a change in the surveyor he will tell you the exact procedure of doing this. (May be a Policy copy, claim form copy and a letter)

May be a little long procedure but the easiest one. I my self has experienced this when I had Maruti Versa, the surveyor had not approved certain part's, I asked insurance company to change the surveyor and second surveyor approved those part's.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:31   #48
BHPian

^^^ +1 Appreciate your sincere efforts & time put in to get it clarified.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:43   #49
BANNED

The surveyor gets back to me and says that we will pay on 75% of the claim that the insurance company is liable for.

So he means he will 75% of the below costs -
75% of 75% of 50% of plastic parts
75% of 75% of metal parts (25% depreciation)
75% of 100% of labor and paint charges.

and i am eligible to receive -
50% of plastic parts
75% of metal parts (25% depreciation)
100% of labor and paint charges.

he is approving only 75% because of the so called modification the car. i have told him that can he please show in the policy, where it is mentioned that any modification needs to be endorsed. the policy just says about CNG/LPG kits
Old 7th January 2010, 15:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Surveyor is trying to save the cost of insurance company. Tell him if you don't accept the same. You should be getting the 100% of claim amount. Take his mail ID post this link to him and ask his opinion on this link.

Icici is taking you granted!!! - Don't allow them to do so.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:11   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

@Saint please accept only what is rightfully due.

Vorabhai,you have proved that you are a true Hindstani(Helping understand insurance) -in your approach and in your avtaar
Old 7th January 2010, 16:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
^^^ +1 Appreciate your sincere efforts & time put in to get it clarified.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
@Saint please accept only what is rightfully due.

Vorabhai,you have proved that you are a true Hindstani(Helping understand insurance) -in your approach and in your avtaar
Thank you very much sir.

Quote:
The surveyor gets back to me and says that we will pay on 75% of the claim that the insurance company is liable for.

So he means he will 75% of the below costs -
75% of 75% of 50% of plastic parts
75% of 75% of metal parts (25% depreciation)
75% of 100% of labor and paint charges.

and i am eligible to receive -
50% of plastic parts
75% of metal parts (25% depreciation)
100% of labor and paint charges.

he is approving only 75% because of the so called modification the car. i have told him that can he please show in the policy, where it is mentioned that any modification needs to be endorsed. the policy just says about CNG/LPG kits
My option which I had given you is still open. Surveyor can be changed still.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:58   #53
BANNED

Hi Rupesh,

Yes, i am looking at that too.

i have told him that the policy does not mention any modification to be endorsed and have asked him to prove that the FFE is a modification as it is an accessory.

The bodyshop manager has told me that he will talk to him tomorrow and see what is his problem.

my car is a mess at the workshop standing outside covered in dust.

this will take a while i guess but will push with everything available.

i am wondering if i can put in a case for consumer harrasment after this thing is cleared.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

What ever happens you are to get 100% of the labour. There is no logical reason for them to not approve that. The only thing he could do is negotiate with the service centre for a lower labour cost. Thats all. You are in no way required to pay any part of the labour.

Last edited by gemithomas : 7th January 2010 at 21:21.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rupesh,

Yes, i am looking at that too.

i have told him that the policy does not mention any modification to be endorsed and have asked him to prove that the FFE is a modification as it is an accessory.

The bodyshop manager has told me that he will talk to him tomorrow and see what is his problem.

my car is a mess at the workshop standing outside covered in dust.

this will take a while i guess but will push with everything available.

i am wondering if i can put in a case for consumer harrasment after this thing is cleared.
Your garage person look's good to me in this case as I can see he is also questing the surveyor on your behalf which normally is not done. I think you are in safe hands.

Be strong on this matter and the most importantly don't abuse surveyor any time, as he can take you for a ride. Keep calm as they are testing your patience on this case.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:57   #56
Team-BHP Support

Rupesh, really appreciate your efforts here.

Any long time member here knows about the most famous case in Team-BHP that involved our beloved late Robin and ICICI Lombard.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...assed-law.html (ICICI - Blatant cheating of customers & the (In)justice that is passed of as the law)

After that most of us have avoided anything ICICI in every aspect of our life.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Rupesh, really appreciate your efforts here.

Any long time member here knows about the most famous case in Team-BHP that involved our beloved late Robin and ICICI Lombard.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...assed-law.html (ICICI - Blatant cheating of customers & the (In)justice that is passed of as the law)

After that most of us have avoided anything ICICI in every aspect of our life.
Thank you very much sir. I had seen this thread in past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Your garage person look's good to me in this case as I can see he is also questing the surveyor on your behalf which normally is not done. I think you are in safe hands.

Be strong on this matter and the most importantly don't abuse surveyor any time, as he can take you for a ride. Keep calm as they are testing your patience on this case.
Adding one more point here:-

Now there are chances (since he has already come to 75% of the claim settlement) that he will tell you as a special case we will approve this case for 100% of the settlement. Catch him on that part.

Remember one thing if he is paying 75% it means that claim is payable, you should have been getting the 100% amount. Otherwise they are not that simple that, will pay you even 75% if you are not eligible also, for the payment.
Old 9th January 2010, 04:15   #58
BANNED

status as of today -

the bodyshop manager gives my mom a call stating that he had a word with the surveyor on his visit. he made him understand that the silencer has nothing to do with racing nor is a modification. the surveyor said he has already presented this case to his senior and will to talk to him before he can approve 100% and will get back to him.

i am not rushing things up and giving him all the time he needs. its already been 9 days since the car has been surveyed.
Old 9th January 2010, 09:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
status as of today -

the bodyshop manager gives my mom a call stating that he had a word with the surveyor on his visit. he made him understand that the silencer has nothing to do with racing nor is a modification. the surveyor said he has already presented this case to his senior and will to talk to him before he can approve 100% and will get back to him.

i am not rushing things up and giving him all the time he needs. its already been 9 days since the car has been surveyed.
As I told you my friend earlier they will test "How much calm you are?" (Are you doing meditation or not) These guys will test that.
Old 10th January 2010, 02:56   #60
BANNED

more updates....

Mom gets a call from the hyundai workshop... the manager states that the surveyor called him and argued with his seniors about the claim. ICICI has agreed to cover their complete liability.

i will need to pay 50% of the plastics and the AC gas, 25% of the metal parts + 5% salvage and the insurance will cover the paint & labor @ 100%

i am angry and i am happy. it's a fight won against ICICI. all it it took was a call from Times Of India. i feel like using words against ICICI for which the mods will ban me so i will refrain.

i am not settling down till i get my car, they are telling me 10 days atleast. workshop guys tell me that the total will be about 55-60K, of which i will have to pay out about 11-12K

At this moment i would like to thank Rupesh Sir and all Team-Bhp members for their continued support and guidance. i feel proud being a part of this community and sporting every sticker!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks