Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 05:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! at last!! By the way, where did TOI come in - or did I miss something in your previous posts?
Old 10th January 2010, 07:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Rupesh: Brilliant job man. You really helped this case out. Was great help to saint.

Saint: Pretty much understand what you been through man. Best way out for safety is find someone else to insure you soon.
Old 10th January 2010, 10:26   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
i feel like using words against ICICI for which the mods will ban me so i will refrain.

workshop guys tell me that the total will be about 55-60K, of which i will have to pay out about 11-12K

At this moment i would like to thank Rupesh Sir and all Team-Bhp members for their continued support and guidance. i feel proud being a part of this community and sporting every sticker!
Great progress,Saint

and as I said earlier ,Rupesh is a true Hindustani
Old 11th January 2010, 09:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
more updates....

Mom gets a call from the hyundai workshop... the manager states that the surveyor called him and argued with his seniors about the claim. ICICI has agreed to cover their complete liability.

i will need to pay 50% of the plastics and the AC gas, 25% of the metal parts + 5% salvage and the insurance will cover the paint & labor @ 100%

i am angry and i am happy. it's a fight won against ICICI. all it it took was a call from Times Of India. i feel like using words against ICICI for which the mods will ban me so i will refrain.

i am not settling down till i get my car, they are telling me 10 days atleast. workshop guys tell me that the total will be about 55-60K, of which i will have to pay out about 11-12K

At this moment i would like to thank Rupesh Sir and all Team-Bhp members for their continued support and guidance. i feel proud being a part of this community and sporting every sticker!
This is time to say Hurray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Rupesh: Brilliant job man. You really helped this case out. Was great help to saint.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Great progress,Saint

and as I said earlier ,Rupesh is a true Hindustani
Thank you very much sir.
Old 12th January 2010, 02:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i will need to pay 50% of the plastics and the AC gas, 25% of the metal parts + 5% salvage and the insurance will cover the paint & labor @ 100%
Congrats on getting the claim passed.

But, are they really paying 50% of the cost of the refrigerant gas?? I was told by my MASS (Maruti-Royal Sundaram) that gas and coolant are consumables, so insurance will not pay for them. I had to foot 100% of the cost of both when I made a claim last year. :( And being a R-12 system, it was pricier.

Anybody knows the legal position in this matter? Rupesh?

Last edited by Raccoon : 12th January 2010 at 03:04.
Old 12th January 2010, 04:14   #66
BANNED

the hyundai manager told me that it will be covered at 50%
the actual cost is some 800 bucks.
Old 12th January 2010, 09:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Congrats on getting the claim passed.

But, are they really paying 50% of the cost of the refrigerant gas?? I was told by my MASS (Maruti-Royal Sundaram) that gas and coolant are consumables, so insurance will not pay for them. I had to foot 100% of the cost of both when I made a claim last year. :( And being a R-12 system, it was pricier.

Anybody knows the legal position in this matter? Rupesh?
As far as what I know consumables are not paid under insurance.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Thank you sir.

First option what I can see is, you can ask Insurance company to change the surveyor. If insured (you) is not satisfy with the survey he can ask the insurer (Icici) to change the surveyor. - Remember this is your right under motor insurance policy.

For doing this you need to visit the office from which the policy is issued (Address must be written in the policy paper.) and meet the branch manger or claims manager who may be sitting in the branch and explain him that why you need a change in the surveyor he will tell you the exact procedure of doing this. (May be a Policy copy, claim form copy and a letter)

May be a little long procedure but the easiest one. I my self has experienced this when I had Maruti Versa, the surveyor had not approved certain part's, I asked insurance company to change the surveyor and second surveyor approved those part's.

WOW is the only word I have for you Rupesh. I am proud to be part of this group and share comradeship with people like you.

The option to change surveyor was absolutely not known until your post. I could have resorted to this while I was fighting out my case few months back.

And the best news of all, FFE doesnt not require registrations ! Psycho can now see more customers flocking in for FFEs !

Saintsinner. Glad for you !
Old 12th January 2010, 13:17   #69
BHPian

1. Send a letter to them to recondier their decision. Clearly indicate time lines for response. Send it by registered Post or courier with AD.

2. If they respond in Negative, file a complaint with Insurance Ombudsman, New Delhi. First check whose jurisdiction the matter would come under i.e. Luckknow or Delhi Ombudsman and file a request.

3. Presently,Delhi Ombudsman is Vacant and Luckknow Ombudsman is having Addl. Charge of Delhi.

You will surely get some reprieve. Should you require the contact numbers, drop in a PM.

Last edited by sandeep.mishra : 12th January 2010 at 13:24.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:23   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I know till now, is you need to inform RTO and Insurance company if :-

1. CNG/LPG has to be endorsed in the RC and to insurance company.
2. Body modification has to be informed to RTO and to insurance company.
3. Extra accessories you need to inform to insurance company for getting insurance done for those items so that your claims are payable if there is a claim tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
WOW is the only word I have for you Rupesh. I am proud to be part of this group and share comradeship with people like you.

The option to change surveyor was absolutely not known until your post. I could have resorted to this while I was fighting out my case few months back.

And the best news of all, FFE doesnt not require registrations ! Psycho can now see more customers flocking in for FFEs !
Thank you very much for those kind words.

As I had informed this thread earlier you need to inform the RTO and insurance company for only three reasons as far as claims and insurance goes.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
1. Send a letter to them to recondier their decision. Clearly indicate time lines for response. Send it by registered Post or courier with AD.

2. If they respond in Negative, file a complaint with Insurance Ombudsman, New Delhi. First check whose jurisdiction the matter would come under i.e. Luckknow or Delhi Ombudsman and file a request.

3. Presently,Delhi Ombudsman is Vacant and Luckknow Ombudsman is having Addl. Charge of Delhi.

You will surely get some reprieve. Should you require the contact numbers, drop in a PM.
Why we need to do all this things right now as the claim has been approved and still not paid fully? This is not the correct time to do this thing.
Old 12th January 2010, 23:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Great!
just curious - how on earth did Times of India get into the picture? have I missed reading a post or something?
Old 13th January 2010, 01:36   #73
BANNED

^^ i have a relative there at a senior post. he made some calls to the ICICI claims office in greenpark for more info in this scam and also sent some reporters there. i heard they got scared!!
Old 15th January 2010, 09:29   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as what I know consumables are not paid under insurance.
When your claim is clear please let us know that have they paid for the consumables or not.
Old 15th January 2010, 11:47   #75
BHPian

@rjvora_2000 i too have installed the FFE and done some stickering to my innova, and the worse part is insurer is ICICI, so can you advise which one is better and i can change in April it is going to expire.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks