Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Insurance - New regulations to come in

I always wondered why the insurance companies in India never applied point systems based on driving record like in the west this would bring down accidents and bring in much needed decipline in our drivers specially when it comes to other peoples property. Now I read that such regulations will be enforced from this year as detariffing takes effect (woundered what this had to do with point system which should have come in 10 year ago but better late than never).

This I hope will bring some good habbits and better driving! I also read else where here that ICICI lombard is not passing a claim on a fellow bhpean as his car had sticker on it! which they state means he is racing!!! Trust ICICI to go overboard as usual i think ICICI badly need some outside prefessional management blood in their system.

I hope some good enforcable driving point systems come about as we Indian can only be straightened when the pocket pinches

Last edited by canonball : 5th January 2010 at 12:44.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:45   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Does this mean that one can no longer paste interesting bumper stickers on one's car?
Do clarify what this is about please and if possible post a link to that article
Im sure a lot of people will be interested to know what this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I also read else where here that ICICI lombard is not passing a claim on a fellow bhpean as his car had sticker on it! which means he is racing!!! Trust ICICI to go overboard as usual i thing they badly need some outside prefessional management blood in their system.

I hope some good enforcable driving point systems come about as we Indian can only be straightened when the pocket pinches
Old 5th January 2010, 12:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Here you go ICICI at its regressive best:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1665487

I think the police report in all accidents will decide what an insurance company needs to follow as a reason much like developed contries this is a good thing as for a change our cops are going to be busy lot doing some much required REAL work for a change!

cheers

Last edited by canonball : 5th January 2010 at 12:57.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:54   #4
BHPian

Its a welcome move. I always wonder how the point system if implemented in India will help everyone to drive with some sense (eventhough its not common sense but rather money sense that everyone will have). I just hope that the Insurance companies donot take this as an opportunity and charge huge amounts during renewal just because some one was involved in an accident that scarched his bumper.
Old 5th January 2010, 14:36   #5
BHPian

but will the police make correct judgment?

An offender may bribe the police and get away with points.

Or, the person who pays more bribe will be free of blame, against the one who could not afford to bribe
Old 5th January 2010, 14:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well you can pay bribes for being caught drinking and driving in Mumbai (last heard it was 50K which i cant afford so I sat home and drank on new year!) and pakistan/iran/n korea have nuc power.

Short of the long these are now considered items so petty in life that it may be cheaper to pay higher premium/abid by the law and STOP bribing. Thanks to progress cops and politicians don't want to waste time on this when Koda is a billionare and last I heard a local area PI (poilice inspector) is worth on average Rs. 25 crores!!! so go figure.

This is a classic case of conflicting and powerfull sides - Insurance companies are not going to sit on their back sides and watch all this happen they have strong lobbies/legislations because payouts mean losses/leakages thankfully for a change there is an extremely high business interest at play. Look what I already pointed out ICICI is already tightening the screws with/without cops so there goes the bribe out the window. Since you pointed it out it is exactly this thinking that has already crossed your mind which is the reason why TATA's chai ad makes sense. We bribe so it should be we who stop first (with looking at what others are doing another justification we give "everybody does it") and also stop/report others who bribe

Last edited by canonball : 5th January 2010 at 14:53.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Icici and there claim rejection reason's. "God bless the person's who still takes Icici Insurance.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good news to this thread is that Icici guy have approved the claim and that too 100%.

Now we can have sticker's on our car's and claim's will be paid to us.
Old 12th January 2011, 13:30   #9
BHPian

Re: Insurance - New regulations to come in

There's a news in today TOI that the premium for automobile insurance is going to be increased by 10%-80%.
Old 12th January 2011, 13:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oops coincidently I started a new thread on the Hike in Motor Insurance at the same time.

Mods - If found unsuitable please delete the new thread so that the discussion can be continued in this thread. Sorry for the repeat.
Old 12th January 2011, 13:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
There's a news in today TOI that the premium for automobile insurance is going to be increased by 10%-80%.
Yes, news is true. But 80% is for the Trucks. Not sure what will happen to the already rising prices of commodities.

For cars its around 10%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks