Team-BHP - Incorrect Tax Mentioned in Andhra Pradesh RC Card
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Incorrect Tax Mentioned in Andhra Pradesh RC Card (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/73706-incorrect-tax-mentioned-andhra-pradesh-rc-card.html)

Hello Guys,

I moved from UP to Hyderabad in September 2008, paid road tax of around 39K and got the AP number in August 2009, the RC card that I received then had the correct amount (39K),

Recently I applied for removing the hypothecation from the RC card/records, and got the new RC card, but the tax amount mentioned in the new card is only Rs.8450, then I checked the amount online ,
Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA
the amount online too was less and was same as the new RC card.

I did some random check, by putting some random numbers and found some brand new registered cars with tax as Rs.9700, Rs.10,000 etc. which is way less since the current rule if of 9% of the invoice value.

Can anyone check this and confirm, and if anyone has an explanation for this please share?

P.S - I have a AP28 number (Ranga Reddy District)

Interesting - are you looking at the tax rate column displayed? Once you mentioned this, I also tried checking for my i10 registered last year (new). The tax rate is showing as 9270 :p? why would they use the word "rate" along with tax...

Its "Tax Rate" on the website & Tax Paid on the RC Card, but the amount mentioned is the same in both the cases

My Case : Old RC Card With Hypothecation - 39000; New RC Card without Hypothecation - 8250; Website - 8250

Guys please check your RC card and amount on website and let me know if its different, same, too less on card or too less on website.

I think this is with newer cards only (probably post October/November 2009)

I got the RC for my Fiat Linea in smart card issued by Bangalore West RTO, which simply says 'LTT [Lifetime Tax] paid' without mentioning the amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 1684961)
I got the RC for my Fiat Linea in smart card issued by Bangalore West RTO, which simply says 'LTT [Lifetime Tax] paid' without mentioning the amount.

Raving Thanks for the info but I was looking for confirmation by Hyderabad members

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 (Post 1685064)
Raving Thanks for the info but I was looking for confirmation by Hyderabad members

Sorry for the typo Ravi, just checked

My RC card has the right amount as tax paid (3xxxx), but the website shows 9270

I am now beginning to wonder if there is data type mismatch and the website actually shows the %age rate - however usual programming errors have multiplied this by 100 and displayed? So it could have been 9.270% but have become INR 9250.

I went to the RTO office yesterday, and met the Administrative officer, I showed him the photocopy of my pre-HP cancelled card with the correct amount and the new one, he then asked me to show me the original receipt, which I was fortunately carrying. He then logged into the system and showed me that the records show the 39 something thousand paid as tax but there was a section as "Tax Demand" which had Rs. 8450 in it, he called the peon and asked him to get it corrected, within 25 minutes I had the updated card with the correct amount.

The peon took the card to a lady clerk who said, "hum kuch galat nahein keeya, computer ne keeya" as if the amount entry and card printing is 100% automated, clap:

I think in my case the operator printed the incorrect column of "Tax Demand" on the RC card. Everything is fine if you have the correct amount on the RC card.

I was very much impressed by the AP transport functioning though, had this been in UP, I would have asked to run from pillar to post to get this small change made, that too after coughing up some "chai-pani" amount

I am not so enamoured with the AP Transport department. I bought a 4WD Mhawk scorp on 8th December. I dont know what is true and what is not, but from what Mahindra folks are telling me is that a combination of Telengana movement and strikes within RTO office caused an RTO approval delay for this new variant and it was approved by RTO on 12th of January. However even till now this variant is not in the system. Consequently I havent even got a temp registration done for this vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzegeek (Post 1689634)
I am not so enamoured with the AP Transport department. I bought a 4WD Mhawk scorp on 8th December. I dont know what is true and what is not, but from what Mahindra folks are telling me is that a combination of Telengana movement and strikes within RTO office caused an RTO approval delay for this new variant and it was approved by RTO on 12th of January. However even till now this variant is not in the system. Consequently I havent even got a temp registration done for this vehicle.

I agree that things are not perfect, but believe me, in UP the babus/clerks will not even respond to you if they see that there is a chance of some bribe, they will trouble you so much that you will start looking for an agent, and this is what they want, since each agent feed these dogs