Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 18:43   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I am saying "Fiat-Palio" is not in the good list. That car is offered the lowest discount in premium's as well.
That's news to me. One more point to be taken seriously while buying a car. On a lighter vein, I would suggest making a mandatory rule for any prospective car buyer in India to read Team-Bhp before writing that cheque.

Can you please throw some light on this "Loading Charges"? As for the renewal notice is concerned, I didn't receive any. Why would they send me one if they do not indent to cover me?

Today I received a call from Bajaj Allianze. The number indicates that it was from Pune. The guy was asking me if I renewed my policy. I asked him if he was joking. The policy expired on 3 July, midnight and the deeply concerned insurer enqiures if I renewed my policy by calling me on 9 July!
Old 16th July 2010, 21:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

It is so much irritating that the insurance companies are calling again and again for the renewal for a sold out car. Even after ten times of request to delete from the data of the car in my name and my mobile number they never do. Still they are calling for my indica sold in 2008 and Wagon R sold in 2009 August.
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Vora bhai, never knew RTI can be had against private players? Am waiting with bated breath for that day to come...couple of private players are in my cross-hairs;-}
PLEASE READ THIS:-
You can make a complain to Irda if any private insurance company is not doing there work properly and then you can send IRDA an RTI for there followup in the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Can you please throw some light on this "Loading Charges"? As for the renewal notice is concerned, I didn't receive any. Why would they send me one if they do not indent to cover me?
Loading Charges:- This is a charge which is collected from us on the bad claims experience of some particular model of an insurance company. Remember you may not be claiming still this is a common thing to all the clients in that particular company. In such case I recommend to change the insurance company.

Your renewal notice:- That's what is my point, according to IRDA norms it is compulsory to issue renewal notice for an insurance company and to send it to the client.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
PLEASE READ THIS:-
You can make a complain to Irda if any private insurance company is not doing there work properly and then you can send IRDA an RTI for there followup in the matter.

Your renewal notice:- That's what is my point, according to IRDA norms it is compulsory to issue renewal notice for an insurance company and to send it to the client.
Thank you so much for your reply. No, I didn't receive any renewal notice. One doubt though: why should a company send you a renewal notice if it is not interested in renewing the policy? Is the notice mandatory that it informs the customer that a renewal is due?

I haven't got any reply from Bajaj Allianze so far in this regard. I have decided to send them the same query through Registered post that I raised through e-mail.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:59   #35
BHPian

When I wanted to take the insurance cover for second hand RE 350 STD, no private insurance company was ready to issue an insurance. BA replied to my query saying that they would only insure vehicles registered after they started business in India. My bullet was 1979 model and hence got the insurance from National Insurance.

I was conned by TATA AIG telesales person a couple of years ago. I was not aware of the insurance jargon, and he offered me Rs.1500 discount on premium and told this is against a voluntary deduction of Rs.5000 against the claim - and this is applicable only when the vehicle is stolen / written off. I thought anyways, neither of this could happen and even if that happens, Rs.5000 is no big deal with the kind of loss I would incur. So I opted for it. Later I came to know that Rs.5000 is deductible for every claim and hence paid the difference and revoked that clause.

Lessons learnt:
1. It is better to deal with the salesreps in person, telesales folks could give you wrong information.
2. Clarify your doubts on technical / industry jargon and then commit the transaction.
3. Get the AA membership and start taking insurance from the PSU insurance companies. Even though you have to run around while claiming, it is less likely that you would be conned by them with all the offers / sales tricks.

Most Viewed