Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 14:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
The good news was, we saw nothing broken.
or I was plain lucky. None managed to poke in or fell at an angle which could harm the glasses or the roof.
A close inspection revealed that there are same dents (or should I say depressions) on the frame right above the rear right door. Right where it start coming down, parallel to real glass, to the boot. A couple of scratches too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
From the looks of it, I doubt there would be too serious/major damage to the cars because the main trunk is still resting on the boundary wall.

I sincerely pray that this doubt of mine comes true..
At the risk of sounding - 'I told you so', I am so very glad to hear that there weren't any significant damages!

Quote:
I am going to take it to Ford to get the assessment done. If the cost is not much, I would rather not like to go for insurance. The question here is, do they do dent removal from that area? I am asking as Maruti ones refused to do that since as per them it was a very costly affair though the dents were small (similar case now). And if yes, can someone in NCR suggest a reliable and reasonable (essentially price competitive) place?
I would suggest you go with a Ford service center only. And under insurance. Yours is a mere 4 month old car and therefore, please stick to Auth SS as they are better equipped/trained to open and re-fit body panels as close as possible to factory finish (no flames please). They might charge you 1.5-2x the money what an outside garage would, but I am sure since this job involves denting, painting and labour - each and every paisa would be borne by insurance co.

Quote:
Having gone through this, I am not sure I should consider myself lucky or unlucky. Unlucky, because there are about 200 cars in our society which do not have a covered parking place and get parked in open. The tree has to fell on mine (which is only 4 month old, the other one I had been parking there for 4 years). Or should I consider myself lucky as despite that, it came out in a shape no one imagined when the rescue was on.
Ain't life a mixed bag?
Forgive and forget,
and you will never regret..
Old 13th August 2010, 11:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
At the risk of sounding - 'I told you so', I am so very glad to hear that there weren't any significant damages!
You know, I infact wanted to quote you in my earlier post to say how good the assessment your's was. I guess in the "elation" of the moment, I forgot. No, I am not going to accuse you of that.

I think I am going to stick to the Auth. AS only, insurance or no insurance. That is, if I go for repairs. Some from family are suggesting that I leave the car as it is for some time as this seems to be carrying a "bad patch". Remember that dent I talked about when I gave it for Service? and now this. Indian ways of tackling the problem I tell you

Last edited by New.Novice : 13th August 2010 at 11:45.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good to know your car came out with minimal damage! But why is the topic named Mayday? It beats me!!!
Old 13th August 2010, 14:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
But why is the topic named Mayday? It beats me!!!
Mayday is an SOS radio signal usually used in case of an emergency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayday_(distress_signal)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks