Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 21:32   #16
BHPian

You need not carry insurance papers while you travel. however u make sure that your insurance is valid during the period of travel. if u have the policy number u can obtain a duplicate policy from the company or from your agent. if u had purchased the policy online u can take out a print online. so nothing much to worry.
Old 21st August 2010, 00:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Update to show the funny state of insurance when there's a question that doesn't deal with taking a new policy, claims or renewal.

For over an hour this is the drama going on...

I call up NIC & tell them about my state & ask them if they can provide a duplicate copy. They say, Maruti handles such things & gives me a number 28X1X4XX

I call up 28X1X4XX & they say this is back office for claims & they asked me to call up the dealer through which the insurance is purchased. I said it was online; he argues with me that no one can purchase insurance through online. Then I'd to explain how I bought the car through TSM in 2006 & only after that he understands I've an used car. In between I'd to tell him about TSM & its branches in Chennai. So he asks my number & name & tells me he'll give a call.

After sometime, I give a call to this number & its engaged.

Picking up a clue as to talk with Maruti, I call up the toll free 18001800180 & they give me Chennai regional office number - 2Y2Y30YY-YY.

Now I call up 044-2Y2Y30YY-YY & explain my situation; the lady promptly ask me to go to the dealer. From my previous conversation experience, I give a short explanation that it was used car & online renewal for which she jumps with joy & asks me to contact Bangalore office - 080-4X12XX01X/1X

So I call up 080-4X12XX01X/1X & tell him my insurance is lost; he immediately answers saying I need to talk to people in Chennai. I tell him that people in Chennai have referred here. Now he's confident to tell me that any insurance bought in Chennai should be dealt there. I tell him it was renewed online. Now he's asking me whether the car is TN or KA registered. I tell him its TN registered; he wants to convince saying TN vehicles cannot be dealt in KA & I've to approach a M.A.S.S in Chennai. I tell him once again that I've lost the insurance. Only now the moron understands my requirement . He now gives contact to one Mr.Gautham & his number 9XXY1YY7X1.

I call up Mr.Gautham on 9XXY1YY7X1 & I get an SMS "Sorry, I'll call later"

So much on a lost insurance doco!!!
OMG

I Strongly suggest you to move your insurance to other company like reliance or icici during your next renewal. Anyway its good that you got your papers
Old 21st August 2010, 02:09   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
You need not carry insurance papers while you travel. however u make sure that your insurance is valid during the period of travel. if u have the policy number u can obtain a duplicate policy from the company or from your agent. if u had purchased the policy online u can take out a print online. so nothing much to worry.
This is a new piece of information for me, and quite interesting too. There were several occasions when my dad was fined for not carrying insurance papers with the car.

Now, I guess he will have something to talk about. Well, patil, are you sure about that, because I don't want my dad in a messed up situation.
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

@Patil - Insurance papers are absolutely necessary during travel. It becomes a big mess incase of any mishaps during the journey. Pls carry your insurance papers & all original when traveling interstate.
Old 29th August 2010, 12:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

@John - its way too convenient when you have Maruti Insurance rather than having one from other insurance companies; because, Maruti Insurance works at any smallest M.A.S.S, while other companies don't. The issue with the current setup is that Maruti has a tie-up with National Insurance which is one of the worst & laziest insurance company in this country. Hope Maruti changes it next year.

Most Viewed