Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:59   #1
BHPian

Do I need an NOC from my financer?

Hello,

I bought my car (Ford Fiesta) in September 2006. I had taken a loan of Rs. 3.5 lacs from Kotak Mahindra for four years. Now I have fully paid the loan at the start of this month (Sep 2010), so I wanted to get an NOC from them. So I called their call center and found that they have my agreement number on their record, but they don't have any of my car details (chassis no, car registration details etc.). The lady from their call center told me that I need to send all the details to her like chassis no, registration number and a photocopy of my RC which should have a stamp indicating hypothecation to Kotak Mahindra. When I looked at my car registration certificate (RC) closely I found that there is no such stamp, in fact there is nothing of that sort written on the RC, the section "Subject to HPA/HYP/Lease Agreement with" is blank. Please see the image / attachment.

So the question is - Does this mean my car is not hypothecated to Kotak Mahindra? Do I need to get the NOC from them at all? What purpose would that NOC serve?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Do I need an NOC from my financer?-forteambhp.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks