Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 17:52   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes & BMW to launch their own financial services arm in India

Daimler Financial Services (Mercedes) and BMW Financial Services to be launched soon.

What's in it you ask?

- They will finance cars of their own brand, probably at better rates, including for used cars.

- Could potentially offer their own insurance & leasing services.

- Fleet management (for hotels, corporates etc.) will follow.

- Expect larger investments in pre-owned divisions. Better choice for us, though they will be able to control prices better.

- Dealers will be able to avail finance for working capital / inventories.

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2010 at 17:54.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They will finance cars of their own brand, probably at better rates, including for used cars
This is sounding so sweet!!! But I'm not sure they'll offer anything better than SBI or ICICI. They should most probably be at par or charge slightly higher interest than these players as their target customers are completely different segment.

But for sure, one can expect a best customer experience right from stepping into the showroom to driving away an used car which none of the other financial institutions can offer.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:50   #3
BHPian

Smart moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Daimler Financial Services (Mercedes) and BMW Financial Services to be launched soon.

What's in it you ask?

- They will finance cars of their own brand, probably at better rates, including for used cars.

Better choice for us,
- Dealers will be able to avail finance for working capital / inventories.
>>>

Impact - potential market deepens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

What's in it you ask?

though they will be able to control prices better.
>>> Impact - greater control of costs and hence prices to suit the manufacturer.

But what are the alternatives, for petrolheads, sorry handlingheads with low bank balance. Not many, I am afraid.

Overall a savvy move to catch potential customers young, who have been starved of good handling cars till about five years ago.

Time for Audi and Jaguar to make a move?

Regards
Old 10th November 2010, 18:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

BMW Financial service is operational since few weeks now and they have some of the finest rates per lac, I do not have further details as I always choose HDFC Bank for my car loan needs but if someone is buying a BMW do check their offer out.

I do not have a clue how can they give it so cheap but I guess the reason is due to them borrowing money from abroad at a lower rate of Interest? I'm not sure someone can shed better light on this topic, but they had the lowest per lac EMI.

Regards,
Old 10th November 2010, 19:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
BMW Financial service is operational since few weeks now and they have some of the finest rates per lac, I
>>>

Is this for Bombay? Or all across our nation?
When I contacted BMW in Bombay a month ago it had not been launched then.

Regards, drive safe
Old 10th November 2010, 20:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
I'm not sure someone can shed better light on this topic, but they had the lowest per lac EMI.

Regards,
Can you tell how much % or lowest per lac EMI ?

BMW bikes are coming .
Old 14th November 2010, 16:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

issigonis, This is applicable all over. Do contact your dealership for it. The best part is no foreclosure charge if you are buying another BMW and also the processing fee / Stamp duty is much lesser than a bank.

black12rr, Below are some figures for your refrence based on a 30L Loan,

Period 60 Months
EMI 61619 PM with 0 Down payment, this could change with an advance EMI.
Rate is 8.55%
Stamp duty + Processing fee is 5915 total.

Period 36 Months
EMI 94696 PM
Rate is 8.50%

If you need any more assistance you can get in touch with Mr. Tejas if you are from Gujarat / MP / Rajasthan any other state you will need to get in touch with the dealership in that area.

Best part is no foreclosure, and also they have plans to fund other cars too but he is not sure when.

Regards,
Old 11th February 2012, 19:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes & BMW to launch their own financial services arm in India

I know, am reviving few months old thread, but still does anyone know how Audi & BMW are able to give

- 0% finance schemes
- EMI of 14999 (last Dec) and 15999(now)
- Whats the downpayment ?

Whats the catch & the overall scheme ?

Anyone here who bought under these or enquired ?
Old 28th May 2017, 21:25   #9
BHPian

Re: Mercedes & BMW to launch their own financial services arm in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I know, am reviving few months old thread, but still does anyone know how Audi & BMW are able to give

- 0% finance schemes
- EMI of 14999 (last Dec) and 15999(now)
- Whats the downpayment ?

Whats the catch & the overall scheme ?

Anyone here who bought under these or enquired ?
Answering a very old thread left unanswered. The zero percent finance schemes! Well, there is always a cost of capital involved. It eventually comes out from the car's margin.

Usually the 0% schemes are subvented by the manufacturer where they want to hold on to the Ex Showroom price but still need to pass on the benefit to the buyer. The brand image doesn't take a beating.

Then there are special rate schemes, like the one on BMW running currently @ 7.9% per anum. That's a boost from the manufacturer again. You can bargain as much as you can and then apply the 7.9%. means a neat saving of 1-2.5 Lacs depending upon the model and the tenure. Of course the CIBIL score has to be right and the papers in order.

Another good possibility is to try and use these special rates for schemes like Bullet or Balloon or BMW 360degree or MB Star Agility. On top, you can get your BSI also financed at the special rate if buying as a part of car purchase.

Hope it answered your query.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks