Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 20:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: FIR required for self-accident on the road?

Wishing you a sooner recovery @prajwalkashyap,

. Sorry to hijack this thread, not sure if this was already discussed in other threads.
What is the procedure, if we hit someone by our car in the highways (NH/SH) say a pedestrian or a cyclist or another car and caused damaged to them?

Apart from the immediate medical assitance to the required people, should we Approach Highway patrol/nearest police station and lodge a complaint/notify them about what happened? (irrespective of whose fault it is).

Mr. Ashley_Nair, as a lawyer, could you please guide us the right procedure as per law? Thanks.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 28th December 2010 at 20:46.
Old 20th December 2011, 18:03   #17
BHPian

Re: FIR required for self-accident on the road?

1. In case another car is involved and both parties agree that they should just carry on, then exchange contact numbers, take down car lic plate numbers and move on.
2. If you are alone, or the other car has left, and the estimate of damage is less than 50K, then an FIR is not ncecessarily required.
3. If you bang a person, or injure a passenger in your vehicle, or the driver/passenger in the other vehicle, or a passerby- an FIR is a must to save your own hind in the long run. It may also be mandatory to get an FIR, but I prefer to think that its for the safety of my own skin that I would take the trouble of registering it.

KD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks