Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2006, 22:39   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
However I have never heard of WIAA. Can you let me know what is its full form and I would be glad to know it.
Western India Automobile Association
Check it out, its a good site.

cya
R
Old 12th February 2007, 07:24   #137
BHPian

I knew ICICI home loan was dodgy, but I was not aware about ICICI Lombard's motor insurance. What a nightmare?
I am trying to get my ICICI home closed, but I am sure ICICI will put big hurdles in the way, even after I make the full payment, which will be unreasonable to begin with. Even after I make full payments, I worry that they may not return the original sale deed that they have with them. I have heard many horror stories about that.

I have an ICICI lombard car insurance too. After going through the thread, I am very sure that I will have my next insurance from a different insurer.

Thanks a lot for this thread. And I hope I will succeed in my efforts against ICICI. I hope I will get a lot of guidance from the members here in this connection, and I can use every guidance that comes my way.

And last but not the least, congrats, RTec. You have shown me and many others the way.
Old 12th February 2007, 10:48   #138
Team-BHP Support

This thread has surfaced after ages! Glad to see that it still has some effect! Good luck on you loan issues squarecut.
Old 12th February 2007, 11:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
This thread has surfaced after ages! Glad to see that it still has some effect! Good luck on you loan issues squarecut.
Yes lot of effect! ! !

overview:
Our 2003 Indica V2 DLS insurance is covered by ICICI Lombard ! ! !.
In the past we had Tata AIG, New-India Assurance. Always suffered because of their claim process, so shifted to ICICI, had a claim of 16,000/- recently from ICICI in 2006 december. It was a complete hassle free transaction, i was not even bothered to give an explanation (as promised by the ICICI employee, they dont have agents now - thats what i was told). All I did was took my car the Concorde Service Center, filled-up some form, submitted the original RC and some formalities. It was a cashless claim. Thats it paid the balance amount took the delivery of the car.

now the effect part:
As pointed out by RTech, in the first post, that insurance companies avoid big claims as my claim was a small one, hence settled quick. Now I am about to renew my car insurance policy, which insurance company i should look out for??. I have come to conclusion of changing the insurance company after got to know about the way the people at ICICI, dealt RTech's case, including people in the TOP ! ! !. I dont want to have such company taking care of my insurance.
Old 12th February 2007, 11:41   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat View Post
Just read a new report about ICICI credit card dealings. Bank is sending credit cards to people even when they have not asked for it. There photograhps are wrong. Even they are getting bills although they have not used the cards.

Hum hai na.

RK
i have a savings account with icici and they just sent me a credit card even when i aksed them that i dont beleive incredit cards and i dont need a one. so when the courier came to my home i just refused to take it and returned it back to them.

now i m waiting to see what they do next.

Mansi
Old 12th February 2007, 12:27   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
now i m waiting to see what they do next.
Now you will receive Credit Card statements every month. Beware! Call up their call centre, write a regd with ack due letter to them with a copy to your lawyer confirming that you have NOT taken delivery of their card and that it is to be cancelled with immediate effect since you have not used it.
Old 12th February 2007, 12:33   #142
BHPian

but the thing is dont have any reference no for the same. but still i will try and speak to some concerned person out there.

this all is despite the fact that i dont own any credit cards and i dont wish to have one at all.

but in case if i get any , i m gonna take some strict action against them for sure.

Last edited by manaa45 : 12th February 2007 at 12:37.
Old 12th February 2007, 12:37   #143
BHPian

RTech,

It is sure has effects. I make sure that none of my friends who had purchased new car go with ICICI insurance. When I purchased my Palio 4 months back, they offered me ICICI insurance. I told them I will go with any company except ICICI. They tried to convince me and i was very adamant about it. They finally offered Bajaj Allianz.
Old 12th February 2007, 13:17   #144
Senior - BHPian

My experiences with Hum Hai Na Na

I had taken 3 loans from ICICI at different periods. Here is my experience.'

1. Personal Loan - The tenure was 3 years. Even after the 36 month deduction was done through my ICICI account, the deductions did not stop. Not only the regular monthly deduction amounts, there were several other deductions like penalties & interests. You cannot reach them through phone or at their banks. i realised this after speaking to them for at least 20 times & visiting the bank 4 times. Then i started writing, this is the only way they fear. Most of us feel that we do not have the time to write. But i tell you, writing is the best way to bring these arrogant thieves to their knees. After writing a couple of letters, they reversed all the wrong deductions.

2. Car Loan - I had taken a car loan for my previous car with ICICI & the groundwork & loan sanctions were done with incredible speed & professionalism.
After a while when i wanted to close the loan, i was asked to visit the branch to do the same, which i did. The unpaid loan amount was 1.91 Lakhs. I was asked to pay 2.01 Lakhs which included a pre-closing penalty of 5% & a late payment penalty of a few hundred rupees. When this was disputed, they simply said that they cannot close the account. So i asked them how they arrived at the 5% for pre-closure. Is there a notification to this effect that the bank has adopted this to be the norm for this month/year ? And i demanded that i be shown that sort of authority else 1% is all i can pay. After a lot of threatening talk, they accepted 2%. It takes a lot to make them bend & i know that it is not possible for everyone. SO best is to stay away from them.

3. Another car loan taken on my terms. Initially, every month i used to receive calls from their collection goons asking for 'defaulted' payments. i had to threaten the threateners to check with the bank & stop calling me for already paid instalments. now it has stopped.
Old 12th February 2007, 13:48   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
2. Car Loan - I had taken a car loan for my previous car with ICICI & the groundwork & loan sanctions were done with incredible speed & professionalism.
After a while when i wanted to close the loan, i was asked to visit the branch to do the same, which i did. The unpaid loan amount was 1.91 Lakhs. I was asked to pay 2.01 Lakhs which included a pre-closing penalty of 5% & a late payment penalty of a few hundred rupees. When this was disputed, they simply said that they cannot close the account. So i asked them how they arrived at the 5% for pre-closure. Is there a notification to this effect that the bank has adopted this to be the norm for this month/year ? And i demanded that i be shown that sort of authority else 1% is all i can pay. After a lot of threatening talk, they accepted 2%. It takes a lot to make them bend & i know that it is not possible for everyone. SO best is to stay away from them
I had a same experience with them. My unpaid loan amount was 65K and they added 5% penalty for preclosure after 3.9 years out of 5 year loan period. By this time they have already recovered their interest by still insist on charing you 5%. No amount of haggling could make them go down.

I had to pay 5% and took a vow that i will never go back to them

Now i am an SBI customer and a happy one at that.

my recommendation to all car loan seekers, please choose Nationalised Banks over these thieving privatised ones.
Old 12th February 2007, 14:25   #146
Senior - BHPian

Man these are horror stories. My experiences with HDFC Bank seems so straightforward, professional and customer-centric in comparison! No flash, no sentimental advertisements, no fancy offices - just great service!
Old 12th February 2007, 14:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

One more that slipped my mind

I had identified a piece of land which i was considering to buy. Due to shortage of funds, i called ICICI folks to find out how much they would fund me for this loan. the representative gave me some forms & asked for some documents relating to my salary, bank a/cs etc & told me that within 5 working days, i would know how much i am eligible for loan. After 15 days, there is no response from them & when i called them, i was told that my application was accepted & i was eligible for 12 Lakhs loan for any property that i decide to buy & that they have already sent a sanction letter by post. At the end of the month, i received my bank statement & there is a debit for Rs.6000/-. When asked about it, i was told that it is a 0.5% service charge for the loan that i will be taking. I used my persuasion & threats to make them re credit that amount to my account. In dealing with ICICI, you are dealing with the worst sharks. so be very very careful you guys. i still have a car loan with them & they better not mess with me again. In 1 year, i will be done with these cheaters.
Old 12th February 2007, 15:04   #148
BHPian

hey guys any idea how is reliance insurance,have to renew my car insurance got the lowest quote from ICICI after reading this not going for it the next lowest quote is from reliance
Old 12th February 2007, 15:06   #149
Team-BHP Support

Try going to a nationalized bank like SBI. You may pay couple of hundreds extra every month(actually it will be more like 80-100rs) but the peace of mind you will get is priceless!
Old 12th February 2007, 15:10   #150
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi! all
i personally feel RBI should ban ICICI from doing busiiness as banking entity. i have taken home laon in march 2005 at 7.25% floating rate. by may they increased it to 7.75% in april 2006 it was hiked to 8.25 and in june to 9.25% now to 10.5 they do not send u any letter stating the rate increased. they simply increase your no of EMI. the cheating part here is RBI hardly increased rate in this period by 1% but icici hiked by 3.25%. further my collegue took loan 6 months after me from same icici at 7.75. but now he is being charged 0.5% less than me. now also for fresh customers ICICI is offering loans at less rates. the plan is lure them with less rate tha others and immediately hike with in two months. isn't this cheating?
steeroid
HDFC is no saint. if u ont keep your eyes open they do cheat. they are made to pay a fine of 20K to a customer by consumer forum as they have deducted some amount form his account to pay for VISA debut card which he never did. it came in papers. all new genration private banks are cheats. be careful while dealing with them. especially net banking and debit transactions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks