Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 16:07   #211
BHPian

This is what happened to one of my office co worker:-

He applied for car loan through ICICI bank executives, visited our office on regular basis. His application got processed and the loan has been approved but he didn't disburse/avail the loan/vehicle due to some reason, however his EMI against that loan(which he never availed) got autodebited from his ICICI Bank saving account. When he tried to get that executive his number was switched off and his manager told him that he had left the job and asked him to go in Consumer Forum, Customer care was not logging the complain because their working hrs had been finished, somehow he logged the complain and dropped the mail in Icici bank customer care, such a horrible situation he faced.
Later he was told by that manager because of to achive the target his loan got disbursed by that executive and EMI got deducted.
Note from mod: Do not use size and FONT tags

Last edited by tsk1979 : 11th May 2007 at 17:12.
Old 11th May 2007, 17:39   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
He applied for car loan through ICICI bank executives, visited our office on regular basis. His application got processed and the loan has been approved but he didn't disburse/avail the loan/vehicle due to some reason, however his EMI against that loan(which he never availed) got autodebited from his ICICI Bank saving account. When he tried to get that executive his number was switched off and his manager told him that he had left the job and asked him to go in Consumer Forum, Customer care was not logging the complain because their working hrs had been finished, somehow he logged the complain and dropped the mail in Icici bank customer care, such a horrible situation he faced.
Later he was told by that manager because of to achive the target his loan got disbursed by that executive and EMI got deducted
Typical woes of a sales guy at the cost of a customer
Old 15th May 2007, 17:53   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Today morning malleshwaram branch of icici attacked by a mob, & they broken the glasses, branch was closed immidiately, people gathered in front of bank told that, it was counter attack on the bank because yesterday icici car loan recovery people attacked the owner of the 4wheeler in rajagopalanagar area for non payment of installment, they beaten up the owner & his wife, owner complained to the police, & the concerned union, union members gathered today morning in front of branch & attacked.

By this incidence icici may learn the lesson???
Somewhere inside says i should have been there , would loved to crack some glasses there , but cant do that .

Last edited by black12rr : 15th May 2007 at 17:54.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:15   #214
BHPian

icici expansion

icici -expansion in they way they do business is like - i cheat i cheat i.....
Old 25th June 2007, 07:01   #215
BHPian

Man killed over ICICI bank loan, says*wife- Hindustan Times

If this is true this is extremely shameful. The bank shouldn't be allowed to function. So earlier we had moneylenders, now we have organized goons like this? I hope higher authorities take notice and do something about this. I am really pissed about this. A life lost for just 15,000 rupees? Is that the value of like in our country? In Tamil they say "muttiku mutti thattanu", that's what they should do to these cheats.
Old 25th June 2007, 19:00   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centro-P View Post
Man killed over ICICI bank loan, says*wife- Hindustan Times

If this is true this is extremely shameful. The bank shouldn't be allowed to function. So earlier we had moneylenders, now we have organized goons like this? I hope higher authorities take notice and do something about this. I am really pissed about this. A life lost for just 15,000 rupees? Is that the value of like in our country? In Tamil they say "muttiku mutti thattanu", that's what they should do to these cheats.
Very shocking. Another thread on this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...onal-loan.html
Old 26th June 2007, 12:37   #217
Senior - BHPian

What kind of country is this when the supreme court has repeatedly retorted the banks not to use such ways of recovery yet 'they' continue their 'atrocity'?
Old 26th June 2007, 15:14   #218
BHPian

Once I have cheated for ICICI Lombard. When I took my home loan from them, they told me about home loan protection from lombard. They said I have to pay just 12K to insure my loan and this insurance amount will be finance by ICICI. Which includes EMI paid by ICICI in case I got hospitalized, if I loose my job 3 months EMI will pay by ICICI and waving off in case of death. When I got my disbursed amount I found they financed 35K for Insurance. Later it is being told to me that the insurance amount comes to 35K after calculation. Calculation ?????? I asked what is this calculation ? so they explained me something. But my temper was high at that time. I asked to cancel it, so they said it is being disbursed and my EMI will start on that amount. I said I will not go for insurance in any case. So they deposited the cheque which they have taken from me saying this cheque is require to transfer insurace amount to ICICI Lombard. But incidently I was not having 35K in my account so it was bounced. I imidiatly called at ICICI Lombard and shouted a lot on them. Then I called ICICI bank to reduce the finance amount to 35K but they said not it is not possible. Then I called my agent what to do with this 35K. He said "sir dont worry use it for home furniture or anything you want" and I did that.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 26th June 2007 at 15:15.
Old 27th June 2007, 14:02   #219
BHPian

ICICI sucks big time...Its a shame that the bank respects only share value and doesn't respect human values.... ICICI can be recommended to "Hall of Shame". Good that I closed my housing loan with them and went to IDBI...
Old 27th June 2007, 14:08   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
What kind of country is this when the supreme court has repeatedly retorted the banks not to use such ways of recovery yet 'they' continue their 'atrocity'?
supreme democracy, ramzsys
Old 5th July 2007, 04:53   #221
BHPian

Ek aur bechara ICICI ka maara. Lekin maine ulta ICICI ka maara!!!

My story in short:

Took a car loan from ICICI in 2001. Sold the car in 2002. Paid off the bank the principal outstanding amount. Loan closed. Got a settlement letter from them.

Six months later they call and tell me I owe them 40,000 more. I was shocked. Told them I have the letter etc. They say they don't care. Pay 40,000 ASAP. I don't. They deposit five of my security cheques which bounce. They file a check dishonour case against me in the local court where they have under the table relations with the magistrates. I try to fight it myself but lose. Jail for 6 months and fine of Rs. 1 lac!!!

Got out on bail in an hour. Filed an appeal in sessions court. At the same time, filed a forgery case against ICICI in city civil court for depositing my cheques after cancellation of agreement. Now they came to know my dad's a lawyer. Fought both the cases with three senior lawyers on my side.

Result

Sessions court acquits me of cheque dishonour charges.
ICICI loses in City Civil court. Judge asks them to pay me 45,000 Rs in damages. They do that promptly. I'm richer by 45,000 bucks.
Old 5th July 2007, 07:16   #222
BHPian

Adman77, I am glad for you! And for breaking the ICICI office, well there's something called karma . What goes comes around.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:37   #223
Team-BHP Support

Adman,

Whenever you get a settlement letter from the bank, you should insist on a return of the security cheques that you give them.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:01   #224
BHPian

My car insurance is with ICICI Lombard, and I have been reminded by them to renew the insurance with them. I know that ICICI home loan is something one should not touch with a barge pole. But how is ICICI Lombard as a car insurer. Any recommendation whether I should continue my car insurance with them or I should switch over to a different insurer.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:33   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Ek aur bechara ICICI ka maara. Lekin maine ulta ICICI ka maara!!!

My story in short:

Took a car loan from ICICI in 2001. Sold the car in 2002. Paid off the bank the principal outstanding amount. Loan closed. Got a settlement letter from them.

Six months later they call and tell me I owe them 40,000 more. I was shocked. Told them I have the letter etc. They say they don't care. Pay 40,000 ASAP. I don't. They deposit five of my security cheques which bounce. They file a check dishonour case against me in the local court where they have under the table relations with the magistrates. I try to fight it myself but lose. Jail for 6 months and fine of Rs. 1 lac!!!

Got out on bail in an hour. Filed an appeal in sessions court. At the same time, filed a forgery case against ICICI in city civil court for depositing my cheques after cancellation of agreement. Now they came to know my dad's a lawyer. Fought both the cases with three senior lawyers on my side.

Result

Sessions court acquits me of cheque dishonour charges.
ICICI loses in City Civil court. Judge asks them to pay me 45,000 Rs in damages. They do that promptly. I'm richer by 45,000 bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Adman,

Whenever you get a settlement letter from the bank, you should insist on a return of the security cheques that you give them.
Fantastic story adman, but how did you not get back your cheques & the agreement copy when you pre-closed your loan ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks