Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2005, 17:07   #61
Team-BHP Support

Best of luck to you Rtech. I really pray that you win the case on both fronts.
As for the law, its an ass. MY wife had a minor accident with a drunk scooterist who fell on her car after hitting an autorickshaw. The police officials did not even try to get a booze test done and tried to get money from her and threatened her. Due to approach that day was saved.

As for ICICI, even if your home loan application gets rejected, they keep the processing fee. They are a bunch of crooks, and I am not going to take my car loan from them no matter how low their interest rates are.
Old 31st December 2005, 17:14   #62
Team-BHP Support

if everybody do their job in the required way, the world would have been a better place right, so what now?

fight it to the finish and publish as much as you can so that others are aware and dont fall for such instances... its a mess out there and somebody has to start clearing it up, top to bottom.
Old 31st December 2005, 22:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Adityapd
Its really unfortunate to know what happenend to you and your car. However, besides figthing your case in the courts, i would recommend making this whole experience public by writing to popular carmags like autocar, overdrive, newspapers, other sites like mouthshut.com, etc....

Take my word for it. Not one magazine or newspaper would print anything against ICICI, They just can't because they have a huge commercial interest. ICICI , gives them huge Ads and that brings them the dough, guys. It does'nt matter if guys like us suffer the indifferences of these MNCs.

We should inform as many as we can about the whole issue. The only way we can make a difference is by boycotting all their products, but then, India is a huge country and there are many fools , who would still stick to them.

Its an unjust world.

Soccer.
Old 31st December 2005, 22:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Krishn, I do know a few people, but I chose not to call anyone as I didn't think it was necessary. And doesn't it speak badly about an system that only works if you know the right people?

Dear Rtec,

I feel really sorry for all that has happened to you, your car and your experience at the Police Station and then this b****y Insurer. Thank god you and your friend were safe and unhurt.

I would like to express my appreciation on the stand you have taken and feel proud that we have such fellow members like you at Team-bhp. I know that going to Consumer Court is the only availble solution, but its easier said than done.

We all buy Insurance to have peace of mind and then, this is where we end up.

Soccer
Old 1st January 2006, 18:10   #65
BHPian

Mods, and all Bhpians, we should have a link which suggests whom all to avoid , so that everyone can cross check the list before we take well informed decisions.
This link should be updated only by mods to keep it short and precise.
Old 1st January 2006, 21:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

How about taking up the matter with UNCOVERED on cnbc/ ndtv ( not sure).
I think they bring such cases to public light.

They just need you to prove that all your documents are in place and you are completely on the right side.
Old 1st January 2006, 23:59   #67
BHPian

frankly speaking, the INDIAN Legal System is a big s**t! where every wrond doer can easily make a fool of the Legal system and go away happily!

reminds me of the movie - VIRUDH! where Amitabh himself has to take the law in his own hands, to do what the Legal system is to be doing!!!

regd. ICICI, well, IMHO... they come no.1 in customer complaints!!! especially the Credit Cards and Banking sector! so i never maintain any kinda relation with ICICI! be it insurance of whatever!
Old 2nd January 2006, 00:08   #68
BHPian

Sorry to hear about that Rtech.
Though you are right, I would suggest using some influence to get things in the right direction. Some ppl at public services need consistent dose for any case they handle.

ICICI : A lot has been discussed about their work ethics here. These are most unprofessional bunch of ppl to deal with. I had a horrible exp. for procuring a housing loan and decided against availing their services ever.

Also, media is playing strong these days. If you could discuss and manage to present your case, I think that will also help you to make inroads.
Old 2nd January 2006, 00:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

hey Rtech
sorry for the late reply.its really sad what has happened but im glad you and your friend were okay.i guess your car is almost as good as new now but still the feeling of hurt will stay forever.

about ICICI's unethical business approach.i have no comments.i have had a couple of problems with them and now prefer not to have anything to do with them.

Rev
Old 2nd January 2006, 02:00   #70
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Rtech,

This indeed is a real sad state of affairs. But like you've experienced now, too much honesty doesn't help a lot these days. If you do have connections, please do use them in your own interest. I'd heard about ICICI being bad but some of the experiences the members have had are completely outrageous! Its just so unbelievable. I'm slowly coming to a conclusion that although our govt. agencies, no matter how slow they are, are still better than these private companies who are just out on the prowl. My dad always says, always use govt. banks for your banking needs & looking at this thread, I couldn't agree more with him.
Old 2nd January 2006, 04:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

I forwarded this post to all my yahoogroups. It'll spread like forest fire.So, ICICI is gonna get a big hit directly as well as indirectly.

Rtech, they dont call us 'Team-bhpians' for nothing!!
Old 2nd January 2006, 08:48   #72
BHPian

That was really sad Rtech, wish you all the Best.
Any way let us pass it on to as many as possible.
Old 2nd January 2006, 09:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Shucks - this is traumatic.
I've pleaded guilty in a traffic court - for being rammed into by a drunk scooterist without a licence - despite submitting a copy of the MLC entry about his state of stupor - and despite the fact that I was at 0 kmph (waiting at an intersection). I completely empathise with with u - and understand the 'affordability' aspect of the law enforcers actions (nothing really wrong with the law itself).
ICICI - have known them to be less then customer-oriented in many instances. Dunno if its a bank-wide thing or some satraps trying to beat targets, but the brand is taking a beating - and from ur account - rightly so.
Hope it works out for you.
Old 2nd January 2006, 12:20   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bro! Firstly sorry for being late to this party, but I was out for the entire weekend.

My advice : C-A-S-T-R-A-T-E the FRAUDS!. Lets get them where it really hurts and the only way to do that is :

1. Make sure that you receive all that is rightfully due to you. You are a premium customer, have paid them their charges and have done everything in good legal standing. Sue those morons. Each and every procedure has been followed in detail, and as required by the insurance protocols. If they dont listen, lets kick some mean dust.

2. Make sure that the word spreads on ICICI's shady dealings to let potential customers know the real picture of what goes on behind the curtains at ICICI. As I type this, I am severing all my ties with ICICI i.e. credit cards, a sparingly used bank account, insurance policies etc.

I am furious at the absolute nonsense that ICICI is dishing out to their customer. The taxi was clearly at fault, and its Rtechs right to his accident coverage. I cant fathom what "pacemaking" has to do with this incident and can bet the grey stuff that ICICI doesnt know either. When its time to pay up, the cowards always stay home.

Not only is this entire ordeal a shocking one, but so many people seem to have problems with ICICI in various dealings. My girl herself has a bone or two to pick with the scoundrels. The writings on the wall - Take a hike, ICICI. I have personally forwarded this link to key people at the insurance company, and do hope they eventually make up for their misdemenaour. The Indian market is no longer one where you can take your customers for granted and dish out crap to them.

Get your rights, Rtech. If you need my intervence on ANYTHING at all, you know where to find me. Press coverage, lawyers, negotiations...just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
These guys are not aware of the collective power of Team-bhp.
You bet. 'Nuff said.

GTO

P.S. Thanks to all the BHPians for the extreme support shown during such times.
Old 2nd January 2006, 12:38   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
curtains at ICICI. As I type this, I am severing all my ties with ICICI i.e. credit cards, a sparingly used bank account, insurance policies etc.

Hi, its great feeling to know that you are so empathetic towards other bhpians and we have many such examples here. however, i feel we should use our collective bargaining power to take on ICICI. i am sure you would have quoted this incidence as the reason for terminating the relationship with them. why cant pool in all the fellow bhpians who would as well like to terminate their ties with them and send out a mail.

just my .02 cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks