Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2006, 12:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

RTech,

I admire your fighting spirit. Give it back to those suckers real good.

As for ICICI, i have already shown this thread to my dad and he is gonna move away from ICICI insurance ASAP.

Keep up the good fight.

Amitoj.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:11   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
ICICI is the worst bank in India. Apart from their bloody sales agents marketing calls who wants to sale credit card, insurance, banking, home loan etc., etc., they are the most unprofessional people after government companies I have ever dealt with.

I had extremely bad experience with ICICI home loan department. They gave me lots of, lots of, run around after they beg for my home loan application. There negligence cost me about 5 lakhs.

They forcefully sent my mom an credit card (without application) and afterwards sent us credit card yearly fees in the following statement. We really had to make them lots of calls to get this card returned and cancelled because we never applied for it !

And after reading your incidence I will NEVER DEAL with ICICI or any person related to it and will ovoid them like plague.

HSBC on the other hand has always proven to be reliable and very helpful. There staff is very courteous and they kind of know person whenever they deal with you. They store whole information about customer in central database and no matter where you deal with them in the world they know about you and your credit in advance.

ICICI SUCKS. HSBC ROCKS.
Well Max... the matter of the fact is that every one of them suck big time. Its just a matter of when you fall foul with one of them. Till then everything looks fine.

I have had an equally bad experience with my HSBC card earlier wherein they started sending me Annual fee statements and then subsequent pile-up of interests on that. All this was on a card which I had cancelled and sent to them after cutting it into pieces at least 6 months before the incident (after the suggestion of their call center agent). I talked to them again and again about this. They used to agree to everything on the phone and yet the very next month another statement used to land up with some more interest component added to it all. The circus went on for 6 months, till I received a threatening mail from their legal cell about hauling me to the court if the amount is not received immediately and then a single ominous line at the bottom that suggested something even worse if they so decide! Moreover I was asked to immediately report in person to their closest office the next day half an hour before their office opening time. Just imagine the audacity?!!

That is when I decided to do something about it... but thats another story. The fact is they all are the biggest liars and goons. RBI needs to put them all on a leash.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Dang this was really bad man.

Now I know why my friends was against me to get my Car loan from ICICI he was so adamant that he didnt let me take ICICI loan & I had to go through HDFC(only these two options were available) whihc took a bit longer than ICICI to process the loan. But i guess that was a good decission.

@Rtech: I suggest you get(or use if you already have) some contacts in Daily news paper & should either get this published or you can threaten them that you will go public with this on the front page. This might just work because bad publicity is something which no one wants.

All the best
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:19   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Turns out that ICICI grab any pounds sterling and relend it out - forgeting about the actual owner.
Ajamat! All of a sudden I realized something... if this is really true I can make some meaning out of an old case!!! I am sure they do this not only with pounds but also with dollars. And worst thing they pretend that they never received it in the first place.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:22   #80
BHPian

I don't want to even start describing my experience with Icici it give me high BP and by the way, I never had this problem (bp) until I went thru my home loan experience with them
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:25   #81
Team-BHP Support

Thanks again for all the support guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer
Take my word for it. Not one magazine or newspaper would print anything against ICICI, They just can't because they have a huge commercial interest. ICICI , gives them huge Ads and that brings them the dough, guys. It does'nt matter if guys like us suffer the indifferences of these MNCs.
That thought did cross my mind. But it's worth a try anyway. I'm sure there is someone out there who thinks beyond the bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggu
fight it to the finish and publish as much as you can so that others are aware and dont fall for such instances...
You bet Jaggu. If nothing else, this thread should atleast spread awareness about the functioning of a large company, and will hopefully prevent others from falling prey to the same shady business practices.

I would also think that this information would be of immense use to rival Insurance companies. I mean, what better way of turning a prospective customer away from a rival than by showing him the crap dished out to customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
1. Make sure that you receive all that is rightfully due to you. You are a premium customer, have paid them their charges and have done everything in good legal standing. Sue those morons. Each and every procedure has been followed in detail, and as required by the insurance protocols. If they dont listen, lets kick some mean dust.
This I will! Lets just say that I'm in "attack mode" now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
2. Make sure that the word spreads on ICICI's shady dealings to let potential customers know the real picture of what goes on behind the curtains at ICICI. As I type this, I am severing all my ties with ICICI i.e. credit cards, a sparingly used bank account, insurance policies etc.
Well, the replies and real life experiences from all our members here only go to show that the only thing ICICI is good at is userping customers money and making crappy ads!

Everyone who has money in ICICI banks, I strongly suggest you shift as I really don't see them staying in the long term. You can only fool someone once, and within a few years, I'm sure they would have fooled 3/4 of the banking population enough to make them want to quit ICICI for life!

Update on the case: I will be meeting the lawyer on Wednesday. More on this after the meeting.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Well, the replies and real life experiences from all our members here only go to show that the only thing ICICI is good at is userping customers money and making crappy ads!
I think TBHP should feature a warning of some sort, preferably a sticky, so that members are aware of ICICI's shady dealings are are warned.

Making this thread a sticky on a special forum (Finance and Insurance ?) should do the trick.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:44   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I think TBHP should feature a warning of some sort, preferably a sticky, so that members are aware of ICICI's shady dealings are are warned.

Making this thread a sticky on a special forum (Finance and Insurance ?) should do the trick.
Hey Steeroid... I second that opinion.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:48   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
Hi, its great feeling to know that you are so empathetic towards other bhpians and we have many such examples here. however, i feel we should use our collective bargaining power to take on ICICI. i am sure you would have quoted this incidence as the reason for terminating the relationship with them. why cant pool in all the fellow bhpians who would as well like to terminate their ties with them and send out a mail.

just my .02 cents.
I agree to that. If we actually manage to that it will be a great thing! As for myself I know I will have to think of a lot many headaches that will come my way(what with so many relationships I have with them)... But what the heck, I will think of something.

@RTech: Mate... I am trying to get it posted to our internal bulletin boards (if I can pull that off thats a huge 40000+ people around the world). I have already started sending flyer mails within and outside to let ppl know of these buggers and their shady dealings.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

this is downright outrageous..!!! but then, your case is just one of many, rtech...sorry to hear about your woes...i'm sure this report has driven off at least a thousand ICICI customers, and more potential ones...

there's a segment on CNBC, which deals with banking, financial and insurance scams- try giving CNBC a call; also, give a holla to ACI- i'm sure they might be able to help you out on some level- although they deal with car makers and warranty related problems mostly, they might be more than willing to take a shot at this, for a change...

as for ICICI's long-term plans, there's no use banging heads; after the merger between ICICI banking and ICICI corp a long time ago, things have only got messier, and their operations have grown to a much larger level than just cheating small-time customers. of course, their net worth totalling over 100,000 crores definitely doesn't help. also, as per my dad, ICICI is already accumulating a lot of N.P.A's and defaulters...ICICI might go down over due time, and when it does, a LOT of people are gonna become poorer by a few million bucks; but hey, "HUM HAI NAA...."!!!!
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Its really pathetic that ICICI would stoop to such levels. I have forwarded the link to this thread to plenty of my friends and relatives. Hope the word spreads about the cheats.

Last edited by sajo : 2nd January 2006 at 15:17.
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:14   #87
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi! everyone
today there is a big ad in all english language news papers listing the names of persons in each bank responsible to their respective consumers along with ph no's. it also has the web site address of banking ombudsman. the ad is by indian banks association. it did have a person's name against ICICI bank
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:57   #88
BHPian

Hopeless

Just stepping back from the ICICI screwup and illtreatment, the legal system is in disarray. Not only is the larger vehicle at fault, it's also the richer vehicle. A motorcycle rider zips across the city roads and cuts into the path of oncoming vehicles and gets killed. He's not wearing a helmet, or taking any precautions <nothing, no helmet, no regard for rules, nothing> and he gets squelched under a larger vehicle, whose fault is it? The larger vehicle? The police, for not enforcing the rules? Or us who've let things happen <Us is the population as a whole> who are ready to line hands with money to get things done? I am distraught at the entire system and the way things work. Not too long ago, I was wondering <How do you compose yourself?> as to why going out of the house on a vehicle is such a fight? Why cant I just drive/ride leisurely and most importantly securely? Is it worth staying in this country where the "poor" are protected in these cases - smaller vehicle getting knowcked down by larger vehicles, drunk crossing the road and getting knocked down etc, but there are no facilities for the "poor", and when i say facilities, I mean zebra crossings, road overbridges, footpaths? Nothing! What's there for the vehicles? Good roads? Rules enforcement for safety? Nope. How can it be set right? More importantly, can it be set right? Rtech's got a watertight case <seemingly>, and he is in the clear. Why then does it take an entire team-bhp to get some results in his favour.

Probably unrelated here, but still poignant is this article http://indiatogether.org/2005/dec/ddz-ontrial.htm
attributed to Dilip D'Souza.

Not-so-Superavi
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:19   #89
BHPian

RTech, sorry to hear about your ordeal. I knew they were upto something to this cashless thingy, now i know what, it renders you cashless.
I've had a couple of run ins with them over my credit card bills, but all those have been minor.

This should be the last time ICICI cheats anyone. I'm forwarding this to everyone on my contact list, including a couple of managers in Tata AIG and Oriental insurance, probably they can use this better against ICICI.
I suggest all of you do the same, sent it to as many people in other insurance companies as you can......
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:38   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
Just stepping back from the ICICI screwup and illtreatment, the legal system is in disarray. Not only is the larger vehicle at fault, it's also the richer vehicle. A motorcycle rider zips across the city roads and cuts into the path of oncoming vehicles and gets killed. He's not wearing a helmet, or taking any precautions <nothing, no helmet, no regard for rules, nothing> and he gets squelched under a larger vehicle, whose fault is it? The larger vehicle? The police, for not enforcing the rules? Or us who've let things happen <Us is the population as a whole> who are ready to line hands with money to get things done? I am distraught at the entire system and the way things work. Not too long ago, I was wondering <How do you compose yourself?> as to why going out of the house on a vehicle is such a fight? Why cant I just drive/ride leisurely and most importantly securely? Is it worth staying in this country where the "poor" are protected in these cases - smaller vehicle getting knowcked down by larger vehicles, drunk crossing the road and getting knocked down etc, but there are no facilities for the "poor", and when i say facilities, I mean zebra crossings, road overbridges, footpaths? Nothing! What's there for the vehicles? Good roads? Rules enforcement for safety? Nope. How can it be set right? More importantly, can it be set right? Rtech's got a watertight case <seemingly>, and he is in the clear. Why then does it take an entire team-bhp to get some results in his favour.
Very well said superavi. The law in India favours 2 classes - the Super-rich and the super poor. The rich as they can buy their way out. The poor because right or wrong, its always the other guy who is better off who is at fault.

Sadly, this is not going to change anytime soon. I only see it getting worse, not better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks