Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2007, 15:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest the same too. the process is difficult, but there are no hidden clauses or cheating.
Old 12th February 2007, 15:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Man these are horror stories. My experiences with HDFC Bank seems so straightforward, professional and customer-centric in comparison! No flash, no sentimental advertisements, no fancy offices - just great service!
Well.. surprisingly, I have had the same experience with ICICI. I got my home loan disbursed to the builder while I was out of the country. The ICICI relationship manager co-ordinated everything via email (Something that nationalised banks will never do)!!

I have all their products - Home loan, savings, credit card, car insurance, Demat/trading account. The only problem I faced so far was with the trading account (the website used to be non-operational during trading hours). Even that has been fixed now.
Old 12th February 2007, 15:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

i think you are that one in a million that icici advertise about saying hum hai na. you lucky dude !
Old 12th February 2007, 16:22   #154

Guys,

Have few examples at my side as well, and Thanks to ICICI for giving us chance to come closer and act upon........why wait, lets act........suggest the best ways to gather, collaborate and check with Hum Haina brandees......

Prasad
Old 12th February 2007, 16:49   #155
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks Rt
It must have taken ages for you to write that. Thanks for all the effort. Man, I just changed from new india to ICICI. I guess I will have to revert back! One broker forced me to take icici. I guess his commisions were higher . Anyway, ICICI is too corrupt and I would gladly stay away from now on. Your post is an eye-opener. Please publish it in the print-visual media and expose them, keep us informed in which media it is appearing. So that we can follow it more closely
Old 12th February 2007, 17:03   #156
BHPian

hi steeroidl, my experience wih HDFC car loan was also shabby. they r understaffed and when I went there in person, I asked for my car loan number and they guy told me that I have to search it in my house and them come to him. I was livid and I picked up a fight, only for the higher ups to come out and sort it out.

Edited: Please don't use profanity on the forum
Old 12th February 2007, 17:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
One broker forced me to take icici. I guess his commisions were higher .
You are absolutely right. These kind of banks pay commissions to car salesmen/saleswomen for loans/insurance etc.
Old 13th February 2007, 10:29   #158
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I feel ICICI stands for "i cheat indian customers indefinitely/infinitely" but not hum hai naa
Mods please delete the post if it is considered to be offensive
Old 13th February 2007, 10:50   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I feel ICICI stands for "i cheat indian customers indefinitely/infinitely" but not hum hai naa
Offensive? Not at all! It is a fact!
Old 13th February 2007, 12:20   #160
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't have put it better.
Old 13th February 2007, 12:55   #161
BHPian

Unethical and utter disregard to the customer plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
One more that slipped my mind

I had identified a piece of land which i was considering to buy. Due to shortage of funds, i called ICICI folks to find out how much they would fund me for this loan. the representative gave me some forms & asked for some documents relating to my salary, bank a/cs etc & told me that within 5 working days, i would know how much i am eligible for loan. After 15 days, there is no response from them & when i called them, i was told that my application was accepted & i was eligible for 12 Lakhs loan for any property that i decide to buy & that they have already sent a sanction letter by post. At the end of the month, i received my bank statement & there is a debit for Rs.6000/-. When asked about it, i was told that it is a 0.5% service charge for the loan that i will be taking. I used my persuasion & threats to make them re credit that amount to my account. In dealing with ICICI, you are dealing with the worst sharks. so be very very careful you guys. i still have a car loan with them & they better not mess with me again. In 1 year, i will be done with these cheaters.

Is there any consumer redressal forum that really helps the customers as i have had a real bad experience with them.

I had given all the necessary details( photos, salary statement, address proof etc) for a personal loan on 24th December 2006 on the pretext that the interest rate would be 10% and the loan would be sanctioned by 4 to 5 working days at the max.

They needlessly dragged it for 5 days and told me that the interest has been raised to 12% and that there was nothing they could do and i could go ahead and cancel the loan if i was not happy. Since i was in need of the money i had no other option as going to any other bank would again start the same drama. I even have a message on 25th that they have recieved all the required info and they have started processing.

Its been 15 days and inspite of all verifications and countless calls to the person i was dealing with and his manager who has been cooking up stories that there was some unforeseen delay here and there and they are helpless. They took some address proof a couple of days back though they had done a clear physical verification of my own house and me giving proper address proof.

I have borrowed from my friends and had to do a lot of running around to fulfil my commitments.

It feels disgusting to go through all this inconvinience and mental torture.

Last edited by muni : 13th February 2007 at 12:59.
Old 13th February 2007, 12:56   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree. We should avoid them like the plauge

Just today ICICI Lombard were staging a show in front of our office. Giving away a steel flask and 2 cups nicely packed in a ICICI cover for anybody giving them their vehicle ( car & bike) insurance copies.

See, that is a good way of collecting a database to fleece more people in the near future and not to forget about brand building
Old 13th February 2007, 13:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

@muni... i dont think there is much you can do now since the sanction of the loan is entirely in their hands & they can simply refuse to sanction it. Why dont you try another bank ?
Old 13th February 2007, 13:20   #164
IMP
BHPian

Quote:

very well written indeed rkg, i have heard a lot such stories about ICICI, they suck. Their charges are ridiculous aswell, i was charged Rs. 82 for making a DD worth only Rs. 250. Elsewhere i would have to pay no more than 20. I feel they are a bunch of scoundrels, sitting in decent looking offices. and that Hum Hai Naa tagline.... Geeez it makes me go Yuck....
Old 13th February 2007, 13:30   #165
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Is there any consumer redressal forum that really helps the customers as i have had a real bad experience with them.

I had given all the necessary details( photos, salary statement, address proof etc) for a personal loan on 24th December 2006 on the pretext that the interest rate would be 10% and the loan would be sanctioned by 4 to 5 working days at the max.

They needlessly dragged it for 5 days and told me that the interest has been raised to 12% and that there was nothing they could do and i could go ahead and cancel the loan if i was not happy. Since i was in need of the money i had no other option as going to any other bank would again start the same drama. I even have a message on 25th that they have recieved all the required info and they have started processing.

Its been 15 days and inspite of all verifications and countless calls to the person i was dealing with and his manager who has been cooking up stories that there was some unforeseen delay here and there and they are helpless. They took some address proof a couple of days back though they had done a clear physical verification of my own house and me giving proper address proof.

I have borrowed from my friends and had to do a lot of running around to fulfil my commitments.

It feels disgusting to go through all this inconvinience and mental torture.

you be careful as ICICI charges interest on the loan from the date of sanction even though they disburse it late. so you may end up paying interest for the period when the moeny is not with you actually.

Most Viewed