Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2007, 12:32   #181
Senior - BHPian

ICICI sucks !

1. I lost some amount they took for the home loan processing and they asked countless documents ...finally ditched them and got a loan somewhere else.

2. Did a online tranfer from ICICI to PNB ..the transaction says completed ! ..but the amount did not reach PNB ,dont know where it is parked now .Still following with them
Old 20th February 2007, 16:41   #182
BHPian

One more story to share :
I wanted to open an account with them and send a DD along with the application in 2005. They say they lost it and couldn't find it. I sent 100s of emails and calls nothing happened. I m planning to file a Consumer Tribunal suite. Pls, this is my second experience with ICICI. First i tried getting a car loan which they took weeks. even after weeks they couldn't sanction the loan and they just keep on delaying. I kick their a** by throwing all the papers at their face and get my loan sactioned in Ashok Leyland finance in 4 hours flat. I have completed the loan and getting back my papers.
Old 20th February 2007, 17:10   #183
Senior - BHPian

Royal Sundaram

Has anyone tried Royal Sundaram. I am a Royal Sundaram customer for the past 2 years and its been a faboulous experience so far (touchwood). No issues at all. Its Maruti's preferred Insurance partner.
Old 20th February 2007, 18:28   #184

Visit Preparing and Filing Consumer Complaint at Consumer Court in India and read what they have to say about ICICI.

I am now even more scared as my salary account is with this bank only.

Once ICICI Lombard offered me some life insurance policy on my credit card. I told them that I wanted full policy details in form of a document and that I'll say yes to it only after reading it. The customer care representative assured me that they will be sending it soon.

I never received anything like that. But after 2 months I noticed some strange transactions on my ICICI credit card. When enquired, I came to know that they were premium payments of life insurance policy that I "took" from them. Made several calls to them to surrender that policy and could get a refund of only approx Rs. 300. Still lost some 600 rupees.

I really bad-mouth all telemarketing callers from that day.
Old 21st February 2007, 20:05   #185
jp1
BHPian

Now see their awards

Hi guys, this post is running from Dec 2005, so many people had bad experience with this bank, now you see these awards . There must be some sense for these guys who are awarding them with these awards and see the last one 'most trusted'!!.

ICICI Bank Online

Business Standard's Banker of the Year for Mr.K.V.Kamath CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Award for Mr. K. V. Kamath Business India's Best Bank of the Year 2006 Ms.Chanda Kochhar featured on Fortune's 50 Most Powerful Women in International Business. NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award in the Banking category. Ms. Kalpana Morparia and Ms. Lalita Gupte featured on Forbes Most Powerful Women CII National Award for Energy Management Business Baron - Most Admired Bank Global Finance Award for World's Best Foreign Exchange Bank from India" and the "World's Best Trade Finance from India"
Global Finance Awards for : Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site in Asia Bill Presentment and Payment in Asia Best Consumer Internet Bank in India Best Corporate/ Institutional Internet Bank in India ICICI Bank wins three awards for outstanding performance from Asian Banker
Best Retail Bank India Excellence in Multi Channel Distribution Excellence in Automobile Lending Award Reader's Digest India - Most Trusted Brand Award for 2006 voted by consumers

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd February 2007 at 09:04. Reason: Removing useless font tags
Old 21st February 2007, 20:11   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Really ? very surprising. A sea of change in their attitudes since the last time i banked with them (nationalised banks). They used to frown at you for making deposits & withdrawals & look at you like you were a scoundrel & a cheat if you ask them for a cheque book.
Things have changed now.. for the better!! Though a few nationalised banks still do not offer the kind of services offered by the private banks, they are a much safer option.

As far as insurance is concerned, most of friends rely on good old insurance companies like Oriental, National Assurance, United India etc., and I havent heard them complain.. I guess sticking to our 'nationalised' banks and insurance companies is certainly a safer bet.
Old 21st February 2007, 22:13   #187
BHPian

ICICI Branch attacked

Hi,

Today morning malleshwaram branch of icici attacked by a mob, & they broken the glasses, branch was closed immidiately, people gathered in front of bank told that, it was counter attack on the bank because yesterday icici car loan recovery people attacked the owner of the 4wheeler in rajagopalanagar area for non payment of installment, they beaten up the owner & his wife, owner complained to the police, & the concerned union, union members gathered today morning in front of branch & attacked.

By this incidence icici may learn the lesson???
Old 21st February 2007, 22:56   #188
BHPian

A similar incident was reported in jabalpur too. But here it was citifinance and not ICICI. The "recovery agent" went to "recover" money from a debtor and misbehaved with the debtor and his family members. In retaliation, the "recovery agent" was thrashed.

It is good that the public have had enough of these goons masquerading as bankers.
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:18   #189
Senior - BHPian

The recovery agents are like 007, 'licensed to kill'. may they be 'silenced'. cheers
Old 22nd February 2007, 05:29   #190
BANNED

If these are the bad experiences with ICICI, then how is everyone's experience with India's 2nd largest private bank, HDFC Bank ?
Old 22nd February 2007, 08:46   #191
BHPian

i personally think it would be wrong to blame a particular bank for this type of actioning.Every bank does it in someway or the other and we all have better experiences with some banks at the same time.Simplest way to get the bank recovery agents off is to make a police complaint. simple

trust me it stops.i did it once for HDFC.
Old 22nd February 2007, 10:14   #192
BHPian

So you are confirming that HDFC also uses "recovery agents".
Old 22nd February 2007, 11:26   #193
rkg
Senior - BHPian

today in hindu/toi the news is UP govt filed a criminal case aginst ICICI top brass and supreme court refused to grant stay to icici and asked it to furnish the guidelines issued by RBI for banks.
some one said all banks are like this and it is not proper to blame icici alone. but all banks are not doing what icici is doing. it is the most immoral bank along with citi. it leaks ( actually sells)your personal info all and sundry to increase it is profit. they will be calling you with all junk schemes.
as i have earlier said they threatened me for card default by some one with my sir name. they said he is my brother( as per ICICI all persons with similar sir names are brothers and sisters) the home loan division of icici leaked by cell number to credit card division. they started calling me telling that this number is given in the application of defaulted card customer. when i threatened with police case they stopped calling me.
when i took a personal loan form them they did not deduct the EMI form my salary a/c with them. even though enough balance is maintained and started adding the the EMI to principle and making it compound interest. when i complained the guy in the bank( ICICI koramangala) stated that i have to remind them every month even if there is auto debit mandate given. i got ,mad and took a loan form syndicate bank and cleared the icici loan. after i cleared it they started to auto debt my a/c with EMI with me reminding them every month( it seems the software is written for such looting only) i got angry and given a written complaint and closed the salary a/c and shifted to SBI. i send a email about this issue to icici HQ. after one year i get mail stating what they can do help me? the issue is still pending after 5 years
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:53   #194
BHPian

Orissa Consumer forum comes down heavily on ICICI and fines it for unfair trade practice:

News Item
Old 23rd February 2007, 12:28   #195
Senior - BHPian

well, they double swiped from my account as an emi, and i was like, look i paid the amount so why did u auto swipe? we are sorry, the amount has nt reflected in our system hence we swiped, if yiou want i will reverse it, i was like, thats so nice, please do so, and then blank! i scraped by that month with 300bucks in the account, dang! cursed fools!

Most Viewed