Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 17:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Worst Experience with Royal Sundaram and Maruti Dealer

You are entitled to have the original bill. Please demand that from the service station. I am not sure you can write to anyone in RS, if you are aggrieved and your cause for the same is genuine, write to the Insurance ombudsman.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:53   #17
BHPian

Most insurance surveyors are not directly associated with the company. They are employed by a third part company which has a tie-up with the insurance companies (note, more than one insurance co). Like all, they have targets to reduce the total claim amount by X% ex: If the service station says that it would cost one lakh to repair this car, they would (by hook or crook) approve only 70% (approx, % varies across compaines) of the estimate. B'coz their commissions are attached to that. Its sad but thats how it works!

Your experience seems to be of the worst kind, try an get in touch with RS and get this sorted out. Higher ups at RS should be able to sort this out.
Old 12th November 2011, 21:45   #18

Maruthi and Royal Sundaram Nexus:

I wanted to beat the traffic and reach the destination - without getting pick pocketed, abused by people in the bus for carrying a big laptop back pack and reach to any place punctually - on time, on the Bangalore roads --- thought I could achieve this by owning a car of my own.

So began my endless woes.

First of all I didn't want to take any help from people while visiting showrooms to check on the car prices as I think the prices should more or less remain the same unless I am going for some extra accessories.

I enquired in three to four showrooms and was bent on buying an Alto k10. So, the price was all decided and I didn't want to get into buying any added

accessories for now. All I got for an Alto k10 Vxi was the usual mudflaps, idol, rubber mats etc ... those which come by default. I successfully negotiated for a free Teflon coating and an under body coating.

So that done, I did not go for loans and EMIs and put all my savings into this new car. After calling the agent so many times about the proceedings of the process I at last got a date of delivery <this was 18th October when I paid 80% of the amount and got the car on 29th of Oct when I paid the rest of the amount>.

My luck was bad and just after two days of getting the car on the maiden drive the car hit the left of the sidewalk and I wasn't able to lock the steering wheel to the left. But I did drive it slowly till home which was 1 meter away from home. Once parked I began to see the damage - the drive shaft was gone and

the CV joints fell apart. I am a novice at understanding the technicalities of the car and so since the next day being the 2nd Nov i called up the MOS - maruti on service technician to come and have a look at the damage. He told me the wheel alignment was gone and so it has to be towed to the BIMAL mahadevpura garage for futher inspection.

Hmmm so there start my worries, though I had passed by DL test i hadn't yet gotten by license and here I was with an LL and claiming for insurance. This was when a good friend came to my rescue and said he would take the ownership of the cause of damage and submitted his DL like a good Samaritan.

It pained me to leave the car there with its damaged counterparts but I had no other go. The "service advisor" advised me to get a BExtract form from the RTO as I didn't get the RC book yet. They as usual made me run from pillar to post for paying of challan and other formalities only to tell me my file has not yet arrived as my car is new and that it would at least take 2 days. I call up the "service advisor" and he insisted I get it for process to even begin.

So I waited and got the BExtract and submitted and then I began to understand what really happens. The estimates from the BIMAL mechanic came up to some 30K for the following items to be replaced:

Though the estimates were for the following:

Strut assy suspension LH
BAR front stabilizer
Mount stabilizer bar
Bracket stabilizer bar mount
bushing, stabilizer bar
shaft assy front drive.L
knuckle, steering LH
ARM assy, front spnsn control
Panel front fenfer LH
Bumper, front

Labour:

Front bumper r&r
Radiator grille r&R
Headlamp unit/headlamp asy 1side r&r
Front bumper painting
Front fender panel (one side)R&R
Panel front fender LH painting
Running board denting
Running board painting
Panel. fender apron LH denting
Panel. fender apron LH painting
Front suspension arm (one side) R&R

When the bill came after 12 days all they replaced were the following:

All they replaced were the following:
Shaft Assy, Front Drive,L -----Rs. 2629
Arm Assy FR suspension control------- Rs.379
Panel, FR Fender LH----Rs.981
Bumper, front-----Rs 850

Labour: Denting/Painting repair

In this estimate I had to pay around 1,500K for towing charges, 990Rs for claiming for insurance and some labour chargers. I this period I had to make around 30 calls to the surveyor and the "service advisor" to know the status and asking if they will approve all the estimated parts. To this the surveyor replied he can get everything approved except for Drive shaft as it got damaged due to aggravation. So I again had to keep calling them to convince them to agree to approve the Drive shaft also. At last they said they need the delivery challan of the vehicle which my sales agent at BIMAL didn't think I would "need". Had to call him only to know he was on a long vacation. So again the process got delayed. I still haven't got my delivery challan but they have some understanding and so the process proceeded as the BIMAL agent was at fault for not providing the delivery challan.

Today I got the final nod that the car is ready and I still don't know if the estimated parts were indeed required to be changed and if so why all this drama about the estimates to be sent and surveryor not approving the parts which need to be replaced. What if the damage was major?

Above all this I'm supposed to provide a feedback on the service, the agent and on the "service advisor".

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles...

PS: Never got to meet the mysterious "surveyor" in person. Never got to see when the vehicle was disassembled as they would never do it when customers are around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks