Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2014, 21:36   #31
D C
BHPian

Re: first party insuarance expired

Try calling Bajaj Allianz, their contact number is 1800-209-0144. They renew insurance online / over the phone without review of the vehicle if renewed within a specific time period from the expiry of old insurance for bikes. I did it for my bike recently and they may have a similar policy for cars as well.

Btw, did you mean third party insurance? If it is just third party insurance and you do not have a comprehensive cover, you wouldn't be able to cover the damages to your own car as far as I know.

Last edited by D C : 28th December 2014 at 21:42.
Old 28th December 2014, 22:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
Is there a way I can renew the insurance now and then repair the car without insurance coverage and then update the photo of the car at that time?
As far as i know, there is no way you can get your insurance renewed without a photo taken by the insurance co's representative if the insurance is already expired (Its kind of New policy). As you just intend to renew the insurance at the moment without doing anything to the car, its fine. They have the photo and whatever damage is already done while renewing will not be covered for the rest of the tenure but anything happens further will still be covered.

Get it covered as soon as possible because using a car without insurance is a big headache especially when it comes to third party damage.
Old 28th December 2014, 22:52   #33
BHPian

Thanks. But my question is still unanswered. Is there a way with which I can update the photo taken at a later date say 6 months from now?
Old 28th December 2014, 23:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
update the photo taken at a later date say 6 months from now?
No, you can surrender the policy after 6 months and get a new policy issued by a different company. You will get approx 35% pf premium as refund.

Or you can wait for a year and then get insurance from a different company before new policy expires.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks