Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 15:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

Looks more like the mondeo to me. The alloys especially. But the front resembles the Fiesta and the boot - an Ikon. But nice lookin car though. Hope she is priced intelligently.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:19   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Got pretty excited about my first set of spy pics and sent it to AUTOCAR this morning. To my dismay I come to learn from them that these pictures were sent by another reader too!

What is the point in watermarking the pics? Some one wants to benefit from others work!!!
Its sad to know that someone has actually lifted the snaps from TBHP and sent it to Autocar. Sateesh, you will have learnt from this episode, and be more careful in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
But the front resembles the Fiesta and the boot - an Ikon. But nice lookin car though. Hope she is priced intelligently.
The rear looks more Mondeo-ish than Ikon-ish. But then, to many the old Mondeo was just a larger Ikon.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

The side profile picture is very mondeoish and the car does look sharp! Very nice looking vehicle indeed.

Quote:
It was a test car with a red number plate but there was no masking anywhere! There was driver and a white man on the rear seat.
But that makes me think otherwise. Unmasked car with a chauffer and a white guy in the back seat. Seems like the car is being used by some top management American guy at Ford India.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:43   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
But that makes me think otherwise. Unmasked car with a chauffer and a white guy in the back seat. Seems like the car is being used by some top management American guy at Ford India.

Very mondeoish but it's the Focus no doubt.

Secondly the car may be a test mule which the executives are using as well. They might just be taking whatever car they like. No car might have been available so they might have taken the focus to drop the guy to his hotel.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:45   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Now, why would he want to have the name badge masked?
Take a look at the snaps he has posted.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now, why would he want to have the name badge masked?
Take a look at the snaps he has posted.
My mistake, I didn't notice that. That is surprising, the whole car is unmasked except for the name badge! But the car looks superb in the pictures. Very well built and very 'beefy' in it's appearance. If it comes with a nice diesel, then Ford can do a repeat of the C segment and take the fight to Honda again. Very handsome car indeed! Should make deciding between the Civic and Focus very hard.
Old 24th July 2007, 16:06   #37
BHPian

The car was indeed very sexy, roomy, modern. The wheels were very broad and the stance was sporty. If it comes with a 2.0 diesel it should be able kick the sales to a high.

What I didnt like is concave tail lamps with a oval shaped fog/reversing lamps! And they were just the normal clear glass lamps. If it were a LED based tail lamp and without the oval fog lamps in the middle of them the looks will be seriously enhanced!!

Also the black strip on the rear bumper as in the pics of european focus is missing as well. IMO this is better!

Last edited by LandCruiser : 24th July 2007 at 16:09.
Old 24th July 2007, 23:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
wohaaa... what a scoop landcruiser... atlast ford focus is coming to india. but why not Hatch?? because skoda fusion/SRV is already here and fabia is on way. so they should think about focus hath too.
Ford might have a problem finding the numbers for the hatch. The sedan looks a bit better too. Having driven a C-Max 1.6 TDCi extensively, I can safely say that the 1.6 TDCi is an amazing unit housed in a chassis that handles like its siblings...the Fiesta, Ikon and Mondeo. I know people who couldnt tell if it was a petrol or diesel after a short drive.

The styling is a bit toned down from the previous Focus and does look a bit bland when lined up next to a Civic.

It is set to become the definitive driver's car in its segment.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:21   #39
BHPian

The Focus should be a great car. Hope they dont botch up the engine specs, as it has some tough cometition to contend with. Ford makes very good driver's cars and this should promise to be the funnest of the lot.
Old 25th July 2007, 11:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was driver and a white man on the rear seat.
Its an import for an expat Ford executive, obviously. I really dont see where they will place the Focus, unless they plan to take on the likes of the Corolla and Civic with it - which would be a mistake because its a size smaller.

The Focus should be placed (in pricing) where the Fiesta is today, and the Fiesta should have replaced the Ikon in its price point.

Unfortunately all our manufacturers went upmarket with their logical upgrades - leaving very little room for manouvering at the bottom of the next segment.
Old 25th July 2007, 12:14   #41
BHPian

So is this the 07 focus?
As posted by Karandeep81, and I recall seeing the 08 Focus on the fords website, the new focus is different and packs some amazing features.
Why bring a model which might be phased out from the rest of the world?
( I may be wrong in my assertions)
Old 25th July 2007, 21:26   #42
BANNED

ford focus is good car inernationally. but it is not as inspiring in looks or interiors when compared to honda civic. i mean it does look good, better than corolla but still no wayin the league of civic. it might be a success only if they price it right. if the price it below civic, i mean in the price range of 8.5 - 10 lacs. then it wud do great, other wise no chance to compete with civic or the upcoming new corolla in 2008. so, good luck for ford. as per my opinion, not convinced with the way it looks and should be priced below civic/corolla.
Old 25th July 2007, 23:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

This design appeals to the automobile senses than the Civic,which looks like a gadget rather than a car! But yes, the new "fashion" in town is being seen in a Honda (without knowing where Honda's come from and what they actually signified).

This was a "Honda"

Image:Hondaprelude1979800x600cu7.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by 1100D : 25th July 2007 at 23:06.
Old 26th July 2007, 01:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Focus in US goes head to head with the Civic, Corolla and Cedia. In Europe it up against the Golf, Astra
Old 26th July 2007, 01:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steer
Its an import for an expat Ford executive, obviously.
I know of a lot of "white" Ford test engineers who work in Chennai.
It could be one of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks