Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 19:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

@benbsb29 & LandCruiser - I am only telling you what the Ford Guy told me, Me not a ford fan at all..so I am least interested in buying anything from them.

BUT my cousin was interested in buying the limited edition fiesta .. so we did go on Monday to enquire... I might be absolutely wrong in Quoting this !!!

Cheers !!
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:13   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
@benbsb29 & LandCruiser - I am only telling you what the Ford Guy told me, Me not a ford fan at all..so I am least interested in buying anything from them.
Buddy, just because i own a Ford doesnt mean i like everything they do and make.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Oh Ok !!! But sometimes I have seen people here getting really sentimental about the cars they own, so I do not want to hurt anyone, everyone has his / her opinions about cars. Ford is a lovely company, making very good cars BUT I personally feel they have really started to overprice their cars. Their After Sales Service is also not the tops. Hyundai is also following in their footsteps, look at Getz Pricing !! It is ridiculous if compared to Swift !! Coming back to this thread, I really hope Ford comes out with Focus ( if that is what the car in the photo is ) fast and I pray they bring a diesel. I wonder what is stopping all our car manufacturers in bringing Diesels in all their models.
Old 3rd August 2007, 00:46   #64
BHPian

And that is supposed to take on the Civic...my sympathies to Ford...once again!
Old 12th September 2007, 12:28   #65
BHPian

And this seems to be the face lifted focus worldcarfans.com

But what i saw was not i saw the other day in chennai. So may be ford will wait and introduce the new version in 2008 or 2009! It is just a shrunken Mondeo! I would have liked the Focus to look somewhat different from Mondeo.
Old 14th November 2007, 10:57   #66
BHPian

Looks awesome in this color worldcarfans.com

Wish ford launches it soon in India!
Old 14th November 2007, 12:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Looks awesome in this color.
I totally agee. The Focus looks Fantabulous!! Finally a car that looks as good as the Civic IMO. But the car in the picture is the hatch. I wonder if the sedan would look as good. Ford should launch both the hatch and sedan but the hatch should be a fully loaded hot hatch with bigger petrol and diesel engines in SRV category.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:21   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Ford is a lovely company, making very good cars BUT I personally feel they have really started to overprice their cars. Their After Sales Service is also not the tops.

They had a "stall" setup in our office- where they were offering a grand 10K off offer for Employees. It was ridiculous- why would you pay close to 7L for a ford fusion diesel? somteims I do feel that ford is quite overpriced.
Old 14th November 2007, 14:45   #69
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post

They had a "stall" setup in our office- where they were offering a grand 10K off offer for Employees. It was ridiculous- why would you pay close to 7L for a ford fusion diesel? somteims I do feel that ford is quite overpriced.
i did and thats close to 8 lakhs mind you. i find terrific value in the ford fusion TDCi. different strokes for different folks! lol
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod

You have asked the same question in four different threads. This is akin to spammnig

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd April 2008 at 10:10.
Old 13th May 2008, 22:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Pics of partially masked Ford

Took these pics a couple of weeks ago on the Chennai-Tindivanam NH. I am not sure which model it is : could be the new Focus or facelifted Fiesta. I saw this convoy of 3-4 partially masked cars (TN 21 temp regn.) being followed by a normal registered silver Fiesta. I immediately took out the camera and started clicking away. But unfortunately, we were just approaching the second toll gate (before Tindivanam) and these cars suddenly stopped to take a u-turn there .

The green board on the left is the 500m indicator to the toll gate.

Ford Focus Sedan caught testing in Chennai-ford_spypic_one.jpg

closer rear view

Ford Focus Sedan caught testing in Chennai-ford_spypic_two.jpg

This is when the convoy suddenly started slowing down : I was wondering why they had slowed down so rapidly when the toll booth was still some distance away, when I realised they were going to take a u-turn.

Ford Focus Sedan caught testing in Chennai-ford_spypic_three.jpg

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 13th May 2008 at 22:12.
Old 13th May 2008, 22:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

well thay look more like fiestas to me,maybe they are facelifted
Old 13th May 2008, 22:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thats the facelifted fiesta for sure.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:32   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
And that is supposed to take on the Civic...my sympathies to Ford...once again!

Saw that many expect the Focus to be priced under 10 lakhs! Can somebody explain why? The Focus is not an Optra competitor in any market. In fact in many markets its priced higher than the Corolla Civic combo and it is selling!

I have had the privilege to spent extensive time in the Focus both pre-face-lift and face-lift. Its good in its own ways. I have once met a chap who had driven an ST on a racetrack. Apparently it rocks...!
Old 13th May 2008, 23:51   #75
BHPian

nice pics . but have you not clicked any pic from the front, because you mentioned there was a convoy of cars. my curiosity.

Most Viewed