Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:27   #1
BHPian

Spy Pics: Ford Focus

Today saw a ford car that was quite bigger than the fiesta on my way back home this evening. It was on the left side of the road and the driver had got down and was looking at the rear. Before I realized it is a test car I had passed the car.

Took a U and went again to take some pics but the car had moved already. After chasing for a while found the car and got some snaps. The car looked big and modern with nice alloys and fiesta-ish side mirrors.

It was a test car with a red number plate but there was no masking anywhere! There was driver and a white man on the rear seat. It was already dark and the mobile cam didn't help to get clear pics. No peek inside the car though the dials looked green similar to fiesta.

The front was similar to the car as shown in a sample pic found in the web. But because of the bright headlights I couldn't even attempt taking pics of the front. The headlamp shape was typical ford with the indicators closer to the grille like in fiesta. The wheels were broader.

As it wasn't masked in anyway I get a feeling that the car should be launched anytime soon in the next few months.

Pictures:

As in the web: (the car was similar to this but not the exact lines, may be it has got updated for the launch)

Video:

If i come across the car again during day will take more pics and post here.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 23rd July 2007 at 23:31.
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Focus/fox Sedan as sold in China, in all probability this car has been brought down for other purposes rather than testing.

Ford China - 福特福克斯三厢

Last edited by 1100D : 23rd July 2007 at 23:48.
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
No this isn't the Focus, the rear quarter glass is different. This is the Fiesta that sells in China and Brazil and in all probability this car has been brought down for other purposes rather than testing.

Nope it is indeed the New European Ford Focus Sedan.

Excellent scoop Landcruiser.

source: ford.co.uk

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd July 2007 at 23:43.
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nope it is indeed the New European Ford Focus Sedan.
Ha Ha, I had edited the post above!!
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:50   #5
BHPian

1100D if you check the below pics (taken from ford china website) it will be clear.

The rear lamp and side view matches the one in the pics I have taken. The car is bigger than the fiesta and the engine specs are 1.8L and above.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 23rd July 2007 at 23:53.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:16   #6
Team-BHP Support

Nice work!

Well well... With the run-away success of the Civic, seems everyone wants a share of the market.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
1100D if you check the below pics (taken from ford china website) it will be clear.
Yes, I corrected my post above. However, does this look like a car on test? It looks like being used, say for example the consulate (waiting for a registration)
Old 24th July 2007, 00:26   #8
BHPian

yup it is the european ford focus sedan !! infact just saw one today
Old 24th July 2007, 00:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

I caught these guys testing what seems to be the new US-spec Focus (it said 'Focus' on the back) on the freeway, sorry bout the pic quality:

There were three cars and you can see all of them in the pic, 2 blue sedans and 1 coupe.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

FORD if u r listening don't mess up the pricing.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like being used, say for example the consulate (waiting for a registration)
I dont think so. Because the car was found near Maraimalai nagar where Ford facility (45kms away from the heart of the city) is located in Chennai and its too difficult to conclude that it is a consulate car waiting to be registered!

Many times I have seen BMWs with TCR number plate carrying officials to their facility in Mahindra City. May be this was a similar situation.

Anyways If i get to see one more time I shall confirm for sure.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I dont think so. Because the car was found near Maraimalai nagar where Ford facility (45kms away from the heart of the city) is located in Chennai and its too difficult to conclude that it is a consulate car waiting to be registered!

Many times I have seen BMWs with TCR number plate carrying officials to their facility in Mahindra City. May be this was a similar situation.

Anyways If i get to see one more time I shall confirm for sure.

However going by the tight secrecy they maintained during Fiesta launch and the different camouflaging they had for Fusion (when one could easily get its pics from the net), its highly unlikely that Ford will test something that isn't covered! But maybe this time they decided not camouflage it, so that we think otherwise.
Old 24th July 2007, 02:24   #13
BHPian

What ever i hope Ford doesn't end up making it another Mondeo like a fuel Pump for 50 K or the stereo ,or parts are coming from Europe or anywhere else cause this sort of circus will strictly not accepted in this price range as the competition is so fierce that nice cars like CEDIA and Optra had to change there segments to one BELOW and with the New corolla things will become more difficult for FORD
Old 24th July 2007, 04:30   #14

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

great scoop.this is good news.finally we will get a good drivers car to challenge the overpriced civic.i think ford has got the hang of india and now understand what indians want.i think they will price it competetively.just hoping that they get the diesel version as well....bye bye skoda.
Old 24th July 2007, 07:21   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However going by the tight secrecy they maintained during Fiesta launch and the different camouflaging they had for Fusion (when one could easily get its pics from the net), its highly unlikely that Ford will test something that isn't covered! But maybe this time they decided not camouflage it, so that we think otherwise.
I think it was a test mule since the badges are taped over.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks