Team-BHP - Times Auto Show 2011 - Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Times Auto Show 2011 - Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/100037-times-auto-show-2011-pune.html)

Times auto show is being organized in Pune.

Here are the details:

Dates : 23-24 April 2011

Timings: 10 AM - 9 PM

Venue: Sankhar Sakul, Shivajinagar, Pune.

More than 200 cars (Old and New) on display. Ford is also participating. Don't know whether the new fiesta will be there or not(I guess not) but the Fiesta Classic will be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 2323109)
Times auto show is being organized in Pune.

Here are the details:

Dates : 23-24 April 2011

Timings: 10 AM - 9 PM

Venue: Sankhar Sakul, Shivajinagar, Pune.

More than 200 cars (Old and New) on display. Ford is also participating. Don't know whether the new fiesta will be there or not(I guess not) but the Fiesta Classic will be there.

My past experience of this show is not so good. Basically nothing new to see. majority participation is from second hand car dealers. Just one place to see new and second hand cars for sale.

Useless automotive show, really, if the Mumbai edition is anything to go by. Nothing in it for the enthusiasts. And even for potential car owners, you are much better off walking into a showroom. Atleast, in a showroom, you'll get a test drive.

Quite agree with GTO having experienced the MIMS 2011 which was an eye wash lightening people's pockets a bit. Just hope there is really something interesting to these shows.

If one is time pressed and if a lot car manufacturers are participating.
then one can go to the show atleast to get a feel of the car and features offered.
When i visited the times show in Kolkata, they were offering test drives too.
Its easy to do back to back tests this way, and finalize your car.

Just came back home after visiting Times Crappy Auto Show 2011. It was just a normal Auto Expo showcasing only already available cars in India. There was nothing unique about it. The only highlight was the New Passat. Otherwise VW had polo, vento and passat. skoda had fabia and yeti. nissan micra, hyundai i10 and i20, ford fiesta classic and figo, honda city, jazz and civic, new mahindra xylo limited edition and thar DI. Apart from that First Choice people had their booth and had got a lot of 2nd hand cars. One Merc C class and BMW 3 series joining the ranks at Firstchoice. And it was disrupted big time due to heavy rains..

I too became one of the victim! The "more than 200 cars" caught my attention and went there, except VW Passat there was nothing new. As I'm looking for a hatch, visited the very first stall for Skoda Fabia and then VW Polo. The guy at VW Polo stall looked liked a collegian specially hired for the exhibition (may be at low wages!). I'm mostly inclined towards the Fabia and wanted to have his opinion on Fabia. He started differentiating Polo from Fabia with the Engine!
SC: Its VW technology.
Me: Fabia got the same, engine. (may be differently tuned)
SC: Polo got a large boot.
Me: Fabia got larger.
SC: Its directly from VW and Fabia is from is subsidiary.
By that time I understood, there was no point in arguing with (read de-motivating) him, so just got the price list and moved on. I really feel sad when a sales person (not limited to Cars only) fails to explain some "basic" to "moderate" information for the product they are selling (or even trained for). My wife blames Team-BHP for all the "advanced" knowledge that I already have before visiting the showroom!

I still fail to understand why Times hosts this show , just to showcase the second hand dealers from Pune and that too repititive and hell overpriced . As mentioned by fellow members ,the sales people sitting out there do not know even the basics of the technology they are trying to sell . The past experience has made the show look like just a flop exhibition . Even for somebody aiming at the second hand market would be disappointed as the second hand car dealers showcased just keep bragging about their highly overpriced cars . The rates quoted are just exhorbitant enought to turn off a buyer immediately .

The only good part is a couple of classics / antiques on display which provide you a photography chance if you are a lens freek :D .

Looking at the above disappointments , I think it was sensible of me not to visit the place this time .

Wow so many people think the show is useless!
yes there may be many college folks hired for the show, who dont have the knowledge required to make comparisons and maybe explain all the features either.
But this is the way i look at it.
at these shows, you get to check out cars back to back. which otherwise will require you to drive to the next showroom and so on. here one can see a few models back to back making comparing them easier. then if you noticed a feature in one car and want to double check with another, you just take a few steps and can do so.
so it's good to visit the show to check out and compare cars easily if you are on the lookout and are planning to buy one.
for the rest of us folks who are either too content with their current rides or saving up for a future possession. It's absolutely useless.