Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti going downhill with time with regards to its Initial Quality and ASS?
No, it is doing fine. 5 15.15%
Yes, they have simply started taking customers for granted. 14 42.42%
Can't conclude to be so yet, though they are showing definite signs. 7 21.21%
They have always been bad in this regard. The rising competition and expectations are exposing this now. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2006, 22:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Maruti have probably the best ASS in India cuz of the huge amount of dealerships. So thats why most people prefer it. Quality has never been in Maruti, untill the Swift came in..
Old 20th January 2006, 23:10   #17
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Maruti have probably the best ASS in India cuz of the huge amount of dealerships. So thats why most people prefer it. Quality has never been in Maruti, untill the Swift came in..

They may still be leading, but as far as their attitude and quality compared to their own dealers & MASS 5~10 years before, it is definitely showing a downward trend. It could be that the volume of trade has increased more compared to their dealership and MASS.

Or it could be that before most of the guys made up their mind after visisting dealers etc, while now they have already finalised on what they want before entering a showromm or MASS and hence dealers don't pay that much attention to finer points. But before they used to convince you technically, while today they tell a lot b**ls**t. Or is it that today's guys have better knowledge of cars?

RK

Last edited by jat : 20th January 2006 at 23:15.
Old 21st January 2006, 01:29   #18
cnu
BHPian

Regarding quality, I don't think there is much difference but the ASS has definitely come down in recent times. Call it due to their monopoly in the entry level models. The dealers just take customers for granted and I have come across many Service Advisors who are technically incompetent. The dealers attitute and the ASS definitely needs an overhaul.
Old 21st January 2006, 12:33   #19
BHPian

the thing is......"let him go..like i care....another five will come in with cash at hand"...

it is a behavior seen with the wholesellers in delhi markets....if u are going to buy one piece or getting a replacement for a faulty thing, they will just look over you. the same goes with goes with maruti too. when they are selling in dozens, who cares abt a broken piece ?

and the lineup is dead....i wonder if suzuki has somthing new ( globally new) to offer in the coming future, except for somthing on the swift platform.

i agree maruti gives the common man a chance to own a car....but there should be some ethics in terms of quality. and the government should reduce the duties...more sale will only mean more revenue. seems they are interested in extracting more taxes from a lesser number of people, rather than having small from a huge populace.

how about a decent hatchback from the honda stable washing out the wagon r' and the likes with a lowered tax rate and highly refined engineering?

for maruti managers: " car kharidne wala ghas phus nahin he...apne lohe ke dabbon mein kuch bharna shuru karo...."

i would like to see a day in indian automotive industry where a single dollar in pricing and a single damn more bhp in the hood makes the consumer shift. that will be when the consumer will have 15 cars in a single segment to choose from. and each one equally promising at quality and ASS. we want value of every single penny we pay.

P.S: my post seems to be a frustation. and it is. even the manufacturers from outside the country are running for "luxury". come down to the f***ing ground man.

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 21st January 2006 at 12:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks