Team-BHP - Anyone heard of such thing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Anyone heard of such thing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10006-anyone-heard-such-thing.html)

We are on the verge of finalizing a Maruti Baleno Lxi for one of my colleague and order is waiting for the color confirmation. All the dealers has got 2005 model. The price difference difference between 2005 & 2006 models is just 3K. I was told that prices are revised with effect from 2nd week of Jan 2006. There is no difference in the discount pattern between these two. For both the models they offer 45k discount. I really wonder who will opt for 2005 for a mere diff of 3k.

But the point here is, I was given an option of taking 2005 model car with year of mfg and year of regn mentioned as 2006 in RC book. For this they offer additional discount of 10k. Also he claims that no one could find this out. The only way to find this out is to enter the chasis number and engine number in the system at RTO to find out the yr.of mfg. ( if they get caught, they may argue it as printing mistake, who knows)

I my memory takes me right, I had seen the month and year being embossed in OHC. If you open the bonnet, can see the month and year embossed on the metal frame. I guess even they do in FIAT and OPEL.

Anyway rejected that offer and opted for 2006 model with lesser discount. But man what to do even now they do that?:D

An unregistered car may be lieing idle in a dealers lot for 10 years. when you register it for the first time, the RC book will should the date of registration. However, in the vehicle details section, the date of manufacture should be correctly given. But, we all know how easy these things are to manipulate in India.

As you rightly said, the actual year of manufacture will be stamped on various parts of the body. You can even check out the windshield and windows of a car to see the date those were made. If the window says 2002 and the owner says 2006, chances are that the owner is lying!

Maruti dealer in SANGLI (Maharashtra) is offiering me this:

Model : Baleno Vxi (2006 model , any color) Ex Showroom : Rs 683,695

Discount structure:

1> RTO + Insurance = Free ( Rs 29600 + Rs 26000)
2> Additional Rs 10000 cash discount

I said , I WANT more:

3> Additional Rs 50000 MGA (not convertible into cash)

even better..

4> Ready to absorb Rs 3000 hike in price , means Rs 3000 more discount.

And on top of this

5> 4% finance discount if opted car loan arranged by the dealer.

I will have one more round of negotiations ( month end!!) , will see if I can squueze them a bit more and get:

6> 2 years extended warranty free (Rs 8000)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipulG
Model : Baleno Vxi (2006 model , any color) Ex Showroom : Rs 683,695

3> Additional Rs 50000 MGA (not convertible into cash)

I though only taxes and insurance will vary and exshowroom price would be common across all states. Stupid Iam. The exshowroom price of Vxi is 667075 in chennai.

Is that "additional Rs.50000 MGA (not convertible into cash)" a typo error?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
I though only taxes and insurance will vary and exshowroom price would be common across all states. Stupid Iam. The exshowroom price of Vxi is 667075 in chennai.

Is that "additional Rs.50000 MGA (not convertible into cash)" a typo error?

1> Thanks for pointing out the typo : Please read it as Rs 5000 MGA

2> Maruti Baleno VXI (B-III) 2006 model invoice price for SANGLI ,

= Rs 6,77,224

SANGLI City Octroi is Rs 6471

That makes the Ex Show room price for SANGLI = Rs 6,83,695

( This is what the delear is saying)

Anyway, thanks again for pointing out this also, will check with the dealer soon and verify the fact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
option of taking 2005 model car with year of mfg and year of regn mentioned as 2006 in RC book. For this they offer additional discount of 10k. Also he claims that no one could find this out. The only way to find this out is to enter the chasis number and engine number in the system at RTO to find out the yr.of mfg. ( if they get caught, they may argue it as printing mistake, who knows)

You did a very sensible thing. The law will become stricter in future as it always does everywhere in the world.
The resale value of your car may have been seriously affected by "chaaluu" manipulations/misrepresentations in the official paperwork.
Greed and dishonesty and hypocrisy eventually comes around to destroy you out as Enron and Tyco and Arthur Anderson LLP discovered much to their chagrin.
It is not too far-fetched to imagine that in the future, hitherto unimagined technologies will catch out manipulations and "golmaal" and make them increasingly and unnecessarily expensive to correct.
'nuff said! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
You can even check out the windshield and windows of a car to see the date those were made. If the window says 2002 and the owner says 2006, chances are that the owner is lying!

To add to that...

But beware, if the windows say 2003 and the owner/dealer says 2004 it is possible. Chances are that certain parts were manufactured earlier and kept in storage till they were needed during assembly later on, so if you are going to make a noise about it its better to check several parts.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
To add to that...

But beware, if the windows say 2003 and the owner/dealer says 2004 it is possible. Chances are that certain parts were manufactured earlier and kept in storage till they were needed during assembly later on, so if you are going to make a noise about it its better to check several parts.

cya
R

Thats right. Even if you see the tyres it will be atleast 3 months before the month and yr of manf & even the diff goes upto 6 months.