Team-BHP - Rs. 65000 for 2002 Flood Damaged 1.2 Palio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rs. 65000 for 2002 Flood Damaged 1.2 Palio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10009-rs-65000-2002-flood-damaged-1-2-palio-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
It seems to be an auction. Can we call the Kurla Plant and enquire??
Anybody has the number i dont mind asking for a 1.6!!

Hey, U r the one who started this thread so I'm sure you are the one who can get the contact details . I mean you can call the uncle who bought it and give more details, we don't want ppl calling fiat and saying we heard it on team-bhp , they just might laugh at us. And I'm sure we don't want that happening .

If its true , then post the details and we can call and find out how true it is ???

Kpzen >>> Can i get an accord for 2 lakhs then....
Its a jackpot for those who get hold of these cars at such cheap rates...

It happens only in INDIA !!

Its only an offer from Fiat according to the post so I don't think they gonaa be offering Accords !!!

Soon we might have people like me asking for Skodas and so on .... Sorry if I'm being blunt but I think we need to be sure we know what we are talking about here . I wud luv another GTX if its true though ..lol:

Cheers

At that price I love to own a second Palio , GTX this time.

I think the flood affected car at that price is not a problem at all as I read somewhere this can be restored disassembling , cleaning and assembling it back.

Quote:

Hey, U r the one who started this thread so I'm sure you are the one who can get the contact details . I mean you can call the uncle who bought it and give more details, we don't want ppl calling fiat and saying we heard it on team-bhp , they just might laugh at us. And I'm sure we don't want that happening .
Guys chill. For sake of all team-bhpians, in som time i am leaving for the place. Got hold of the Uncles Son and taking hom along. Its in Kurla and its a garage not a Fiat(thats what i got to know now) and also the car he bought was 2002 1.2ELX with 1300kms on the odo. I am sorry for giving the wrong details before but thats what was told to me by uncle, but now i happened to confirm it. I am going to the place and will get more details for all of you dont worry and yeah there are still 20cars remaing, please pray i get a 1.6 GTX or else i will have to buy a 1.2 and do a transplant with a 1600 DOHC motor.

Quote:

Guys chill. For sake of all team-bhpians, in som time i am leaving for the place. Got hold of the Uncles Son and taking hom along. Its in Kurla and its a garage not a Fiat(thats what i got to know now) and also the car he bought was 2002 1.2ELX with 1300kms on the odo. I am sorry for giving the wrong details before but thats what was told to me by uncle, but now i happened to confirm it. I am going to the place and will get more details for all of you dont worry and yeah there are still 20cars remaing, please pray i get a 1.6 GTX or else i will have to buy a 1.2 and do a transplant with a 1600 DOHC motor.

:mad: hey...the next time ...be sure of whatever you post ..i made a few calls to mumbai asking my folks to go all the way to kalyan to enquire abt this ...good that they did not go ...

Buddy thats what i was told, and now i blasted the the source itself. Sorry for posting wrong information. Thats what i got and i put it up her. Anywayz i am going there and will get full details with pics so dont worry. Chill ;)

Quote:

Buddy thats what i was told, and now i blasted the the source itself. Sorry for posting wrong information. Thats what i got and i put it up her. Anywayz i am going there and will get full details with pics so dont worry. Chill ;)

Hey, We waiting for you to go and get back with all the details .... keepimg our fingers crossed !!

Cheers

Are any of these palios still available?My cousin is really interested in picking up one since it costs the same as a brand new karizma.Anyones got any details?how many cars left?what colours are available?Any info would be appreciated.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen
Can i get an accord for 2 lakhs then....:p
Its a jackpot for those who get hold of these cars at such cheap rates...

It happens only in INDIA

You cant get them for two lakhs but you can get a brand new one for 2 lakhs less.Lemme tell you how:
My uncle works at whitefield honda here in bangalore and he was talkin about how one of their trucks carrying 3l accords was hit by another truck and one of the accords had the rear light assembly and the parts around that damaged.Honda took the car as a total loss,refurbished it and sold it for 12 lakhs!!!!No performance niggles whatsoever!!
The other way is to pick up one if their(honda)demo cars.According to honda stipulations,the dealers are required to get rid of their demo cars after they have done 20k on the odo.Once again the cars are done up,valued as a total loss and sold at a discounted price(2lakhs less).

So if you want a car for cheap,all you havta do is smash up one of their truckslol:

binz

Quote:

Originally Posted by binz
The other way is to pick up one if their(honda)demo cars.According to honda stipulations,the dealers are required to get rid of their demo cars after they have done 20k on the odo.
binz

Thats the reason speedometers doesn't work in Demo cars ;)

Quote:

BUSA,

where are you ??? all of us are anxiously waiting for your detailed report with pics please:

~A

Guys, Got more Info, The cars are all 1.2 i guess and its not from Fiat but a Private garage in Kurla. The Cars have done around 10-15K. The asking price is 85K but you can negotiate it and get it for 65K. The Cars are not flood affected. Infact the cars have been auctioned of to the garage owner in Kurla from Jet Airways who were selling them. They are 20 in Number and are having resitration in line. (i.e 6445,6446, something like that) The cars are in good condition. AC works very good.

Will post more info soon and pics too, but not before republic day so guys you have to wait as i wasnot able to go there, due to hectic schedule. Will be going by the end of this week and give you numbers and exact locations. So dont worry.

Now does anyone have a idea which will be the best engine transplant for the 1.2??

Quote:

Guys, Got more Info, The cars are all 1.2 i guess and its not from Fiat but a Private garage in Kurla. The Cars have done around 10-15K. The asking price is 85K but you can negotiate it and get it for 65K. The Cars are not flood affected. Infact the cars have been auctioned of to the garage owner in Kurla from Jet Airways who were selling them. They are 20 in Number and are having resitration in line. (i.e 6445,6446, something like that) The cars are in good condition. AC works very good.

Will post more info soon and pics too, but not before republic day so guys you have to wait as i wasnot able to go there, due to hectic schedule. Will be going by the end of this week and give you numbers and exact locations. So dont worry.

Now does anyone have a idea which will be the best engine transplant for the 1.2??

thanx for the info Busa, but why would anyone in the world want to sell a 2.0 to 2.5 L car for 65K and that too if its not flood affected ??

I smell something fishy !!!

~A

Well the car has been taken by him dead cheap since he won the auction. He is selling them for 85k or something but bargain hard. Nowadays 1.2s arenot going more then 1.2L itself. Same year and model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Thats the reason speedometers doesn't work in Demo cars ;)

surprise,im talking about proper demo cars bearing "demo car" stickers on them,and not a customers car which has to be delivered with 0km on the odo.

binz

Quote:

Originally Posted by binz
surprise,im talking about proper demo cars bearing "demo car" stickers on them,and not a customers car which has to be delivered with 0km on the odo.

binz

Thats easy to do, disconnect the speedo from the battery and drive as long as you wish too :mad:

Quote:

Thats easy to do, disconnect the speedo from the battery and drive as long as you wish too :mad:

Let me repeat myself.
I said that honda demo cars having sticers to identify them as a demo car,run with the speedo cable connected;unlike other manufacturers who use a customers car as a test drive car and make it appear to have a odo showing 0km by disconnecting the speedo cable.I know its an easy process but i was trying to prove the point that honda disposes off their demo cars once they have done Twenty Thousand Kilometres on the odometer.Plain and simple!!

binz