Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 11:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

I know one guy who gets plastic covers made custom. The types you cover all electronic items with.

The same cover is custom stitched for his cars.

needless to say they still feel sticky and even though there is no sound you keep sliding in the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Do they?! Then I must be the callous one. You just made me realize that the plastic covers on my visor are still intact after 2 years Not for any other reason but the fact that it generally stays out of sight and till date never stuck me that the plastics covers on the visor are actually on. May be I will remove it now

holy cow. I have the plastic cover on the visor as well on my alto. 1.5yrs old. dang.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th May 2007 at 11:28.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:27   #17
BHPian

hmm what about the mobiles..

I see a lot of people doing the same with their mobiles. Draping them with all sort of covers. It looks plain ugly. In few cases the covers may be required and may look decent but most of the times, it does look ugly.

The mobiles when they are sold have a transparent cover on the display so that the display does not get the scratches. But once it is sold, lot of people still retain that plastic cover which looks uglier by the day cos it cannot stick the same way it used to.

TVs, fridges, audio systems etc with people retaining those warranty and features labels are extensions of the freshness syndrome
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2007, 11:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dsigusting habit. How could you sit/lean on a plastic cover ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its just to prevent the seats from getting dirty soon .. From what I can guess .. Yes , it is uncomfortable to sit on them .. But I have seen people going to the extent of putting towels or a piece of cloth over the plastic covers to avoid this .. Its in our blood , and old habits die hard ..
And someone opened his engine head within a week, right ? And these people dont even open the seat covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I have seen a guy who had a Hyundai accent he keep his plastic sheet for about 4 year till he sold his car....I know they cannot survive for so long but I have seen them till then.....and the guy runs a financing business....
There is an Optra in my colony owned by a doctor. bought in 2004 & the plastic covers are still intact.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I know one guy who gets plastic covers made custom. The types you cover all electronic items with.

The same cover is custom stitched for his cars.

needless to say they still feel sticky and even though there is no sound you keep sliding in the seat.

holy cow. I have the plastic cover on the visor as well on my alto. 1.5yrs old. dang.
1.5 years? My 2003 OHC which I bought in Oct 06 still has the sunvisor plastics on it
Old 16th May 2007, 11:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ahh... nice thread, a personal gripe of mine! I have the plastic covers removed before taking delivery in the showroom itself even though the accessory guy still has to work on it. But my accessory guy is good enough to cover the seats before doing any work & then cleans the car thoroughly inside out after the job is complete so now worries. As for the sun visors I noticed after 2 days of buying my car that they hadn't been removed and removed them pronto!

Infact my best friend bought a new Accord & promptly forgot to remove the visor covers & it was me who removed them after a few weeks! And best of all he bought a new Baleno sometime back & it was me again who removed the visor covers last week this time too !!!!
Old 16th May 2007, 11:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
1.5 years? My 2003 OHC which I bought in Oct 06 still has the sunvisor plastics on it
BTW, is it still there ???
Old 16th May 2007, 11:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Do they?! Then I must be the callous one. You just made me realize that the plastic covers on my visor are still intact after 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Guys you all are disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go and remove them, PRONTO!

Sheesh, two Disgusting BHPians & a Mod, you guys should behave better than this

Last edited by iraghava : 16th May 2007 at 12:08.
Old 16th May 2007, 12:06   #23
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... I am feeling much relieved now. Otherwise all of a sudden I was feeling stupid thinking how I forgot those sunvisor plastics! haa haa haaa... looks like that is one thing people do not even think about. I am sure with most of us it is the same... That sunvisor thing remains neatly folded and aligned with the roof and we never even look at it to realize that it is still wearing its suit!
Old 16th May 2007, 12:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Because those plastic covers come with Car and they think they have paid for that and have every right to keep it there!
For such people, a better option will be to cover their "relevant body parts" with a plastic cover so that it doesnt make any place dirty including his office chair! Good that cars dont come with cardboard boxes and plastic ropes. Else even they will be preserved intact.
Old 16th May 2007, 12:20   #25
BHPian

just noticed that my mom has got the covers still on the back seats of her 6month old car. seems like it was not removed because no one has ever sat in the back!!! next time im there, will remember to take it off.
Old 16th May 2007, 12:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

i get rid of all the covers the moment i drive out, plastic makes you slip and slide, noise and bloody heat.

its basically the peoples perception of newness and hanging on to it as long as they can, way i look at it if you remove the cover it will make you want to keep your car clean, more careful with it and make you move your butt to vacuum and wash the car
Old 16th May 2007, 13:27   #27
BHPian

Nobody seems to have mentioned or wondered as to how the plastic covers dont get dirty themselves.
Agreed that they keep the seatcovers clean, but at the end of the day, they themselves are getting dirty!!
So whats the use?!?! Do whatever you can, something or the other is gonna get dirty. So atleast enjoy the seats! (Not the plastics..)
Moreover seats covers can be easily cleaned, vacuumed, or even washed.
What about the plastics?
They keeeeep getting dirty and the "mint clean maniacs" never seem to get bothered about it!
Old 16th May 2007, 13:30   #28
BHPian

I removed it after eight months when i put the artificial leather cover. Whenever I wash my car I used to have thought of removing it and followed by WHY NOW ? Finally at the eighth month the guy who fit the new seat cover removed it.

It is not only to have the clean seat ,It will also give the feeling of new car whenever I get into it and according to me it is true also. Because nowadays when i get into the car i feel that it an year old car although the seat cover stuff is good and fine.

My two cents.
Old 17th May 2007, 02:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have no clue why people do this.. I get the plastic thingys removed at the showroom itself.. Its disgusting to sit on them.

Godfather
Old 17th May 2007, 02:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

What idiots. I bet they don't crap at home, for fear of dirtying their loos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks